Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Au revoir The Lamb

chippie

Default photo no see me

When I was working for the m.o.d. in a place only known to me and my family in a street not far from James Street, I couldn,t have my picture taken in the street. I had to go around with my diplomatic bag with a brown checked paper bag over my head with only one hole to see through...government regulations

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by chippie View Post
    When I was working for the m.o.d. in a place only known to me and my family in a street not far from James Street, I couldn,t have my picture taken in the street. I had to go around with my diplomatic bag with a brown checked paper bag over my head with only one hole to see through...government regulations

Was she pretty?

chippie

No Philip I had a separate bag for her

kat2

i cant see the point of this post really, i mean out in public is just that "in public", now if a photo was taken and somebody made comment as to who was actually in the photo then that could be a different matter. I can understand perhaps well known people being touchy because they are well known, but your average joe? naah its just another face in a million in a picture.
    kat

Take the picture below for example, taken by the Echo and in a recent book (as well as past publications)

Do you think the owners would have taken the trouble to omit it if they'd have received a complaint of 'my knickers are showing', I'm sat next to my fancy woman and my wife might see it', A clock is showing the time and I should have been back at my desk by then'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coronation%20gds2.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	4252  
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    The Child Protection Act was quoted to me, and it was obvious the Stewards in St John's Gardens were under instructions, because I was challenged a number of times.
    However, the point I was making in this thread was that somebody's image doesn't belong to them.
    That is obvious when you see reporters in crowded streets, and you can see the faces of all the other people.
    If on a side street in the suburbs, I always wait till no one is actually in the scene...especially kids. Gone are the days where the youngsters of the city could be portrayed in their home environment. I wonder what the great Harry Ainscough would say? His image of the kids of Gerard Gardens wouldn't be able to be repeated today I bet!

Getting back on topic, I was rather shocked when I passed The Lamb yesterday, but if it fell down, theres nothing you could have done about it really. Was there a building next door that was demolished? A similar event happened to a terraced house in Bolton where the end house was demolished but no wall strengthening was carried out on the exterior wall of the neighboring property. The end result was that a poor single mum was left homeless.

I do hope they will be able to save whats left of The Lamb!
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

chippie

Default whose knickers?

Hey Gedrick, didn,t know you had a fancy woman and her knickers were showing? I,ve got segs on my magnifying glass looking for them (the knickers that is) but can,t see them anywhere. You little tinker you

John(Zappa)

If we're talking of that ugly yellow thing......
    Get rid.Waste of space and money.What a load of (insert explietive here).
    A flower bed,a fountain or anything else but not that stupid bloody yellow thing

chippie

No Zap, the Lamb being the pub in Wavertree.

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    If we're talking of that ugly yellow thing......
    Get rid.Waste of space and money.What a load of (insert explietive here).
    A flower bed,a fountain or anything else but not that stupid bloody yellow thing
    aahh, Zappa - don't you like our Superlamb ??

I like it - it's part of Liverpool now.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    aahh, Zappa - don't you like our Superlamb ??

I like it - it's part of Liverpool now.
    Like it ? Its one of them stupid waste of money thingS.
    It sure is ugly lookin'

I think it's rather cute

someone once said to me that it looked like a cat lifting it's tail for a wee !!

!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234