Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE PEOPLE DEVELOPING THIS CITY

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garstonlad
    Some pics from the back of the Parkway.

Attachment 43

Attachment 44

The one that isn't very clear is actually where the footbridge meets the fence of Garston C of E school. Is this why the school wants to sell it's land ? !!!!!
    Same problem with these images
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Ok, i think i am getting the hang of this now !!!!

Blog Entries

I love the pics mate - from the front it looks like an airport terminal! Hooj

Lets get more as it develops
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default SOUTH LIVERPOOL PARKWAY & GARSTON CE SCHOOL

Sorry to harp on - but the community is wondering whether the site of Garston CE School has been earmarked for part of this development. The new walkway to the station is right behind the school. I know, I know another conspiracy theory - but although nothing has been lodged for planning permission (they would say, that wouldn't they?) you just have to wonder dontcha??? If anybody knows, the Save our School Committee would be glad to know too.

FRANKIE SAY - THE SCHOOL MUST STAY!!!!!
    (Roderick, that is!!!)

The Truth is out There!!!

I know people who live by the school and there are all sorts of conspiracy theories going around. The save our school groupd should keep on highlighting the regeneration in Garston and the problems that the new home owners with children will face if the school is closed.

If i hear anymore i will post ASAP

Thumbs down Great Big Well Lit Computer Superstores

Another thing that is getting on my nerve - PC world in Horrocks Avenue. Nothing against the store as such but why do they have to suck the life out of the national grid for 18 hours a day. The lights are on until about 11 at night - it's lit up better than Anfield. Folks nearby have to go to bed with their sunglasses on.

Gripe no. 2 - getting out of the junction is horrendous - have to give way to everyone before moving over - spoke to councillor Roderick - he says the there has to be accidents before our wonderful council will act!!!

Seems they only work in damage limitation doesn't it??

They say round here that there are two things visible from space - the Great Wall of China and PC World in Garston.

www.savegarstoncofe.co.uk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpatooti
    They say round here that there are two things visible from space - the Great Wall of China and PC World in Garston.

LOL Can u see it on GoogleEarth?

My little lad cannot go past without saying 'PC World Daddy' everytime we drive past. Still, its better than the 'huge' climbing frame that was left there previously.

The entrance to it is rediculous, the road surface is uneven and the carpark is a state. Funny thing is, I have been in it once since it moved. Used to pop in every week when it was in the retail park.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Cool Visually imparied by Big Well Lit Computer Superstores

I've never been in it when it has been in the new place - send the kids down for paper and stuff - live quite close as you probably gathered. I always think it would be stupid if I bought something big and couldn't carry it and then had to go home and get the car!!! S'pose I could rob a trolley - but that would be very wrong So end up driving further away just in case I buy something big - which I never do......

Costco is better anway..

A.D.Williams

Only been in the new PC World once and that was only to get a few re-writeable cd's.

Should be in the retail park better business sense to.

What made them move to Garston!

Or move it in Wavertree so I could walk to it.

Haha, I'm going to see if you can see it on Google Earth.

They got the colour of my roof wrong on Google earth too.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Default Big Computer Superstores

Think the rates were excessive so they shifted down to Garston -

I don't think the maps are up to date on Google Earth cos when you look the megastructure at Liverpool South Parkway is not on - still good old Holly Park - unless I have been looking in the wrong place (that's not unknown).

They actually got the street names mumbled up on my house so they got my roof colour right.

Pc World could probably afford the rates.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Default Google Earth

Maybe they could mix my house up with one in Florida - that would be good. I think there are satellite pics on the NASA website but you have to wait for it to pass over your house - hang some washing on the line so you'll be able to pick it out!!

Good afternoon people, it's been a while but i have returned to post again. The last time i was on here i think we had just finished fightng to sace Garston C of E school. What a hoot that was.

Anyways people, i needed to post urgently so have set up a new user profile.

You may remember that i posted a few times regarding the Liverpool South Parkway and problems that were experienced during the construction. Well here we are about 18 months down the line and things have gotten worse, i will tell you more over the coming weeks. First though i want to post a little story of our exciting week that we have had living here opposite the parkway with the restrictions that have been placed upon us. So here goes.

I am one of a few residents who live close to the Liverpool South Parkway. Last year the council enforced a residents parking zone upon us after the opening of the parkway. They issued us a 6 car space layby to accommodate 16 residential properties.

This month our parking permits were up for renewal so on the 1st Friday of the month we applied for ours. We had heard nothing by last weekend so we phoned Liverpool direct up who informed us they didn't have a record of our permit zone, our postcode wasn't registered and our car reg wasn't registered with them as having a permit and to attend the municipal buildings on Monday morning which we did.

When we got to the municipal buildings the parking services dept told us we needed proof of address and also proof of ownership of our cars. The letters we had that came with the permits last year was not good enough. They also informed us that we could renew the permits at our local one stop shop.

We returned to Garston, obtained our paperwork and headed for our local one stop shop. They informed us they didn't issue parking permits and to go back to parking services in the municipal buildings which we did the following day, Tuesday. Now it gets even more interesting.

We were issued with our car pass and 1 (one) visitors pass, when we pointed out that we had 2 (two) siblings that visited our house and we would need visitors passes for their vehicles we were told that we could only have one, meaning we can only have one visitor in a car at any time, even though we were given 3 last year !!! So we took our letters with our permits attached and returned home.

That evening our old passes were due to expire so we placed our new passes in our cars, to find to our dismay that they were postcoded for L15 not L19 where we live. Back to Municipal buildings on Wednesday and after a considerable wait and a few frantic phone calls and worried looks we were told that we will have to take the passes postcoded for the L15 area because they can't issue any for the L19 area as the zone isn't on their system !!!!

WE ARE BEING FORCED TO PARK ILLEGALLY BY THE CITY COUNCIL WHO IMPOSED THE RESTRICTIONS UPON US IN THE FIRST PLACE YET THEY CAN'T PROVIDE US WITH THE MEANS TO ABIDE LAWFULLY WITH THE PERMIT ZONE REQUIREMENTS.

This all stems from the construction of the Parkway station / bus terminal because the city council have let Merseytravel have their own way and shove the residents into a corner and forget about us. We have had to endure no bin collections, delivery companies refusing to drop of goods because they can't park near to our houses, tradesmen upping their prices by more than half and even double because of the labour involved in getting goods into our homes.

I have emailed numerous people at the council and even spoke to them on the phone. I spoke to Warren Bradley on the Pete Price radio show a few months back and he said he would get back to me after avoiding answering any questions 'on air'. His response letter was that the residents had been duly thought of and were given what was though adequate for our needs !!!!

A few feedback thoughts would be good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12