Thread: Yet more about me

Blog Entries

Default Yet more about me

Here Goes...

My 21st came and went without to much trouble, my Mam had arrived back from Australia, it always makes me smile when I think about her going to Oz by herself when she used to get lost going to town.

Gene Pitney was going to be on the Empire, he was a favourite of mine and I had been given two tickets to see him for my birthday.
    Everything had been arranged, Mam was babysitting so John and I could spend the evening together, I was so looking forward to it, my spirits were high.
    I had washed Johns shirt and was ironing it and the crease on arm was not the same as the other, you couldn't really notice, but he did and that was all he needed.
    "If you think I'm going out with you wearing that shirt ironed like that your'e wrong" I tried to cajole him but he meant what he said, I knew by the look on his face to leave things alone.

I fed the baby and got all her things together, thinking we still might go.
    "What are you doing you silly cow" your'e not going anywhere," oh yes I'am you can have the baby and
    I'll go by myself, he laughed and then I realised he had already arranged and set up the argument, so he could walk out and go for a drink. How could he do this I thought.

Quick as a flash I grabbed my bag and coat and dashed out the door, leaving the baby with her Dad.
    I had beaten him at his own game.
    Mum opened the door and I explained I couldn't go to the Empire, "Oh yes you can" and I'll go with you.
    My younger sister gave me her new white leather coat to wear over my shabby clothes, there you go she said and off we went in a taxi, Mam and me.

We had a great time, we got a taxi home and Mam was dropped off first then me.
    It was a very frosty February night. Put my key in the door and the house was in darkness. I could feel the cold in the hall, on the way up stairs I panicked, no baby, no John in the house, it was going on for midnight.
    Oh my God something had happened to the baby and I was out enjoying a night out.
    I sat with my coat and boots on when I heard the key go in the door, the smell of alcohol hit me as soon as I saw him, a face like thunder looked back at me.
    "Where is my baby"?" with my Mother" was the slurred reply. I went to the front door, reached for the handle, when I felt my long hair being pulled and I fell on the floor, he then locked the door and made a grab at me, I ran into the kitchen and then in the back kitchen.

He dragged me by my hair back into the kitchen, shut the doors leading to both rooms and proceeded to take the handles off the doors, he put on the radio and turned the volume up high, took my boots off
    I was really frightened by this time.
    John came over to me and
    put his arm around my shoulder, I thought he was going to make amends because he was grinning. I didn't see the punch coming, or the head butt,I knew no one could hear my screams and I was choking on the blood, the punch had knocked my tooth out.
    I had nothing to loose so I fought back, but to no avail, I remember being on the floor and him kicking me, the pain was bad and I had trouble breathing, the reason was he had one hand over my mouth and nose. I woke up and he was stroking my hair and asking why I was crying,(he had lost it and I was going to die) I said I was tired and why didn't we go to bed,of course we need the handles on the door and of course I can't go upstairs without my boots I said. He obliged.
    This done I took my chance and RAN, albeit in slow motion, along the hall towards the locked front door
    all the time he was chasing me, it was like a living nightmare.
    I managed to open the door just has he grabbed me, there was a woman walking her dog and she saw what was going on and stood there just long enough for me to get out.
    I went one way and I saw John go the other way, looking for me.
    There was a phone box outside Stanley Hospital and I dialled 999 mumbled something and passed out, when I came around a policeman was holding me and asked had I been run over, the white coat was red.

At Walton Hospital I was diagnosed with concussion and fractured ribs, the police had arrested John and he was locked up. The police asked for my next of kin and brought my Mam to me, she was horrified as she held my hand, she said, you know he tried to kill you, and if you go back to him he will next time.
    Come home with me and let me look after you and the baby. I clung on to her and she to me.
    I told her Yes Please, come on we have to do one more thing pick the baby up from John's as the police said they will only give her to you.

I had a visit from our family G.P and whatever he gave me I slept for a week, Mam stayed with all the time, fetching My baby to see her Mummy whenever I surfaced, the baby was nine months old.

I woke up to blue skies, in my home with my family and a Mother who loved me.
    Peace at last.

Happy days to follow.... Part 4

Blog Entries

Well done you! Lesley.

I hope Lesley that after hurting you so much, he got the appropriate jail sentence he so deserved! So glad that you had your mum to look after you!

Blog Entries

You have got True Grit Lesley; i'm looking forward to reading about the happy times,
    BrianD

Blog Entries

Lesley - so wish I could give you the biggest hug in the world. Not ashamed to admit I've shed tears at your latest instalment.

Blog Entries

So did I Kevin, I relived it like it was yesterday, even though it was such a long time ago.
    Speaking about it, is like exorcising the ghost.

Blog Entries

Thinking the hug right now.

Blog Entries

I got that hug Kevin..

Blog Entries

Thank god you got away from that Moron ! And thank god you had a loving mother to help you during that time. It makes me ashamed to be male, reading how you were treated, at least we can look forward to better times.

Lesley the tears are streaming down my face,I want to punch the bugger. I am so glad you had the guts to report him to the police,like Kevin I am sending you a big,big hug.
    Marty there is no need for you to be ashamed to be a male, most men are protective of women and just by your answer you have proved that.
    Thank God for mothers.

Blog Entries

Marty there is no need for you to be ashamed to be a male, most men are protective of women and just by your answer you have proved that.
    That's true Maureen, most decent men are protective of women !

Blog Entries

Glad to say, mine never changed !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marty1 View Post
    Glad to say, mine never changed !
    Mine neither - happily married for 33 years, but the cards gag did make me laugh. Though on reflection, it was a little thoughtless of me to put it on this thread. Sorry Lesley.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Mine neither - happily married for 33 years, but the cards gag did make me laugh. Though on reflection, it was a little thoughtless of me to put it on this thread. Sorry Lesley.
    Have just deleted it.