Thread: Gateacre C.C. School - Liverpool - July 2011.

Arrow Gateacre C.C. School - Liverpool - July 2011.

Gateacre Community Comprehensive School opened in 1957,the lower block was the only building there until 1961 when the main block was added. Once completed it consisted of 4 floors A,B,C,D, 3 Gyms,3 Halls,3 Canteens,4 Playgrounds,1 Craft ,Design & Tech wing,1 Swimming Baths & countless classrooms. There were over 300 pupils & only 7 staff at the time before the main block was added.

Gateacre's first headmaster,Mr Hughes laid down the ethos of the school motto, "suum cui que in gen ium" which apparently means "each to his own ability".I Am unsure if he actually designed the school badge but it has remained unchanged since the school was first opened..

Info from net...

A new school building was commissioned to be built in the neighboring area of Belle Vale. The new building has cost over £35 million and plans have been made to include high tech features such as solar panels, wind turbines and a cyber cafe. The new building can now be easily identified opposite Belle Vale Shopping Center. The official school website has listed what the building will include:

A 300-seater purpose-built theater to provide a showcase for music, drama, film and dance performances

A music recording studio and film studio, music practice rooms, composition suite and orchestral area.

A 4-court sports hall, with lifestyle fitness suite, dance and activity studio and teaching area

Outdoor hard-courts, sports fields, time-trial and assault course.

Complete wi-fi coverage over the entire building for anytime, anywhere computer access.

Flexible classrooms which can be configured into different areas to enable individual tuition, small group-work, whole class activities and mass presentations.

The "innovations suite" which will contain the most up to d ate big screen and interactive technology.

A suite of 10 laboratories and outdoor science garden for learning in all sciences.

Practical technology areas, graphics and electronics studios and outdoor vocational workshop.

An open plan arts studio area providing accommodation for fine arts, sculpture, ceramics, photography and textiles design.

The new Gateacre Community Comprehensive School will open on Monday 12th September 2011...

I couldn't resist the offer of a last look around as i attended this school for four & a half years & still have many fond memories,it was kinda strange going back after all these years.
    At the moment the school is half way through a big clear up operation,packing items to be transferred over to the new school. On completion it will become a demolition site immediately as it is prime land...

Instead of posting my pictures i have posted a link direct to my Flickr as there is far too many pics to post....

enjoy..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5918311...7627226236465/
    "Its a hobby,not a way of life"

It's always great having a look around your old school isn't it, knowing you haven't got to go back there again tomorrow
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Both my pups went there.

Demmo company take over site this week..
    "Its a hobby,not a way of life"

Good pics of the school on your Flickr,well done.

Belle Vales shops particularly McDonalds, KFC, Subway will be rubbing their hands in anticipation

Blog Entries

great pics, my mum went there

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent