Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bono has heart attack

To all that do not like him,are you going to stop posting on facebook?

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar

Most overrated band in the world. They are always here!!!
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Origionaly from Liverpool 1 now in Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    To all that do not like him,are you going to stop posting on facebook?
    I wont use facebook its for children and people who like to threaten others,no fistycuffs just cyber bullys

did any one see the 7 dwarfs on c4 tonight,they all look like bono,he wears stack heels on his shoes when poncin around Dublin,what a blurt,small man BIG mouth,
    soz Ronijayne but i wish he would stay in america,we dont want him here

www.liverbuild.co.uk chrismarsden's Avatar

Seems like the millions of Album and concert ticket sales are to people with no music taste, me being one...

Blog Entries

Seems like the millions of Album and concert ticket sales are to people with no music taste, me being one...
    Never you worry about it, I'm sure one day you will find it !

Don't think he's any worse,and probably better, than some,of his like! The rich, and famous,have been around for some time,now! (and no,I'm not a fan,though their 1st album "Boy",is a blinder!)

Quote Originally Posted by Savo View Post
    I wont use facebook its for children and people who like to threaten others,no fistycuffs just cyber bullys

did any one see the 7 dwarfs on c4 tonight,they all look like bono,he wears stack heels on his shoes when poncin around Dublin,what a blurt,small man BIG mouth,
    soz Ronijayne but i wish he would stay in america,we dont want him here
    Couldn't you take at least a turn to have them? Be fair

Roni in a word NO he is the biggest gob ****e in the world,
    I think he invented the thong,cos he is always up his own a**e

Well I am sick of seeing him, where does this man live, I thought it was the UK? We don't see as much of Keith Richards, Davis Bowie etc. and they all live here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronijayne View Post
    Well I am sick of seeing him, where does this man live, I thought it was the UK? We don't see as much of Keith Richards, Davis Bowie etc. and they all live here!!!
    he lives here in Dublin,now Bowie there is a true Genius

Yes, love Bowie, he lives in NYC and I never see him!! I see McCartney now and then but Bono is always here and talking politics!!! Who asked him?

I like Bono , and i like U2 ...
    Charity biography

There are few people in the music industry who have the presence of Bono. The Irish frontman of U2 knows no limitations when it comes to fighting poverty and hunger, and is constantly in direct contact with world leaders and policy makers in his quest to make the world a better place.

Bono was inspired to get involved in charity work after seeing The Secret Policeman’s Ball in 1979. In 1986 he helped organize Amnesty International's Conspiracy Of Hope tour alongside Sting, who was one of the Secret Policeman’s Ball performers seen by Bono, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed, and Bryan Adams. He also got involved in the Band Aid and Live Aid projects which were organized by Bob Geldof – another Secret Policeman’s Ball performer, and later helped Geldof organize the 2005 Live 8 project.

His first contact with charitable causes was in 1986, prior to the Conspiracy of Hope tour, when World Vision invited him to Ethiopia. While there, Bono developed an education program with his wife, Ali, that used one-act plays and songs to spread information on health, hygiene, and other issues. He released a book of photos he took during the trip called “String Of Pearls”.

Bono followed his trip to Ethiopia with visits to Nicaragua and El Salvador with Sanctuary to draw attention to the conflicts and help children.

He wrote a song called Silver and Gold for Steve Van Zandt’s Artists Against Apartheid, and participated in Van Zandt’s anti-apartheid single Sun City.

Bono and The Edge attended the Festival Against Racism in Hamburg, Germany, in 1993. The event consisted of a concert, a press conference, a theatrical event, and a debate on the subject of anti-racism.

Bono has been a leader in the fight against poverty, and has helped to create the ONE Campaign, DATA, (RED) and EDUN, a clothing company which is striving to stimulate trade with poverty stricken countries.

He was on Forbes’ Generous Celebrity List for his work with Debt AIDS Trade Africa (DATA) against the spread of AIDS and for debt relief in Africa, participation in fundraising concerts like Live 8, and his donation of $50,000 to One in Four Ireland, a charity that helps survivors of sexual abuse.

Bono has received 3 nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize, and was knighted in 2007.

Bono met with President Sarkozy of France early in 2008, to discuss issues brought to light by DATA.

“We had a feisty factual meeting about effective aid, French aid and the risks to EU credibility of broken promises to the world’s poor,” said Bono after the meeting. "The President knows the details and moves fast.

“Within the meeting the President not only promised to restore 20 million Euros cut from the Global Fund to fight AIDS TB and malaria, he also said he would send through a plan to restore promised French aid trajectories in the next few weeks.

“The President admitted it would be very very hard, but France would keep her word.”

Read more: http://www.looktothestars.org/celebr...#ixzz1W5CreBnv
    You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it.
    Malcolm X

Blog Entries

I still don't like him !

Quote Originally Posted by Marty1 View Post
    I still don't like him !
    You don't have to like him Marty , i was just pointing out a few facts about him , and to my shame i used to have a huge crush on him until i seen him i real life ad he was really small , i went off him then as an attraction , but not as an artist .
    You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it.
    Malcolm X

Blog Entries

So you're not keen on small men Penny ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast