Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The riots!

Sorry Marty,but you don't have to join the army for a career...any youth with a bit of nouse would break away from the norm ie hangin round streets and shops and opt out for higher education skills and college.

Their routine is doing the same thing day in day out night in night out and it becomes the norm they brainwash themselves into the routine.

A couple of years ago I was dumbstruck as I found out a family I knew, their lad didn't know about signing on for benefit when he left school,he honestly thought you only get it after being out of work.

Blog Entries

I think many of those who have little prospects because of the lack of Education and high Unemployment in their area stand a far better chance of making a future for themselves by joining the Forces. They break away from the norm and from peer pressure. Of course the Forces is not for everyone, so if I survived it anyone can, I have a lot to be thankful for by joining up. Going back to any form of Education was not for me, I wasn't the least bit interested and many jobs were a waste of time and short term. As you may know, the forces can build up confidence, self esteem, fitness, a sense of achievement is gained as you pass the various skills and then continues with education, travel and yes fighting in s***holes. So why don't they give it a try if they have become so desperate, the Kings Regiment in the 80s had a fantastic Boxing team, so if they want to knock crap out of each other, that's fine too !

Marty, i'm not sure that some of the low lifes who hide behind scarves, hoods and balaclavas in the dead of night, pushing old fellows out of the way in their quest could stomach a fight based on an even keel.

Good on those though who do look at themselves in the mirror and tell themselves they're going to do something about their plight.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

hide behind scarves, hoods and balaclavas in the dead of night
    My god Ged, I though you were about talking us !!

Good on those though who do look at themselves in the mirror and tell themselves they're going to do something about their plight.
    I have met so many more decent youg men that I have nob heads, here is one example, Lt Daniel Clack, of 1st Battalion The Rifles, died as he led a foot patrol in the Shaparak area of the Nahr-e Saraj district of Helmand province, aged 24, one of 379 so far, so we can still be pround of many of our young people !

Blog Entries

I'm sure most of us agree that the majority of kids are just as upset by the baloonheads actions, as us.
    Cheers,
    Chas

Quote Originally Posted by chasevans View Post
    I'm sure most of us agree that the majority of kids are just as upset by the baloonheads actions, as us.
    Cheers,
    Chas
    Yes I agree Chas and the majority are good kids who never get into any trouble at all.

I think that's part of the problem,for every gang of scall's,there's hundreds more you never see,or hear! But,the negative image persists!

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Without agreeing one way,or the other....isn't/wasn't "stop and search" a reaction to complaints from society,in general,about the increase in crime rates? It's implementation might well have been over the top,in some situations,but surely many,intended it to be that way,even if it was only passively?
    I know what you mean Steve, maybe it could have been a reaction to complaints at that time - - I'm not totally defending anyone of either side here, but I do remember well that during the 1970s and early 80s many ordinary and innocent people were somewhat harrassed due to the colour of their skin. I knew a few people who felt rather hounded at times. I think there was a resentment bubbling under the surface for a long time, and it took a catalyst for it to blow. It wasnt just the one event that was always refered to which 'caused' the riots in the 80s, it was a culmination of a few things that had been happening over the years.
    Of course, I don't condone any form of rioting, I don't hold no truck with mindless thugs, and I can also sympathise with the difficult job that police have, but I did see some things that went on during those decades.

However, I can't speak for the cause of these latest riots.

Quote Originally Posted by chasevans View Post
    Cheers,
    Chas

....but how difficult and dangerously for good kids to grow up between bad 'kids'...I really feel sorry about good teens nowadays and very scared as a mother of two sons

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123