YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Congestion Charge

kat2

Default Liverpool Congestion Charge

CONGESTION charging in the region is inevitable, councils in Merseyside have told Government ministers.

But that stance, contained in a report signed off by councillors earlier this month and now with the Department for Transport, has placed the local authorities on a collision course with one of the region's biggest developers.

More Here
    http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...4375-19649167/

ADVERTISING

Last edited by Kev; 12-16-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks

Yet another regressive tax that will affect the poorer motorist more, and some people have no choice but to drive to work.

Thanks

I agree with it totally, although I think 4x4 drivers should pay 100 times more than everyone else.

kat2

its funny how a few years back the government was against out of town shopping because it created ghost towns, now look whats happening, they rebuild brown field sites only for investors to get penalised! *madness* but in reality we all know this is about creating revenue, and the more they can screw out of us the more ideas they will come up with, and now no doubt this will please the save the tree, or world nut jobs.
    kat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Yet another regressive tax that will affect the poorer motorist more, and some people have no choice but to drive to work.
    I'm sure there is a deliberate policy of intimidation against the car user by the city council.

Thanks

Now, let me get this right! Run it past me again. There's no complaints with the City of Liverpool's traffic flow, access or departure points.
    Nevertheless they spend hundreds of millions of pounds of taxpayers hard-earned to pay for 'improvements' to the road system.
    This causes congestion where there was no congestion before. So they are introducing congestion charges to ease the congestion and so return it to the easier traffic flow that existed before they 'improved' the roads..
    Excuse me . . . may I leave the room . . . I just can't cope with this.
    War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast