Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with a Liverpool ghosts and hauntings book

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by researchwriter View Post
    Thanks for sharing that Cadfael. It's funny just how many people seem to have had these smaller, urban experiences. I think it's stuff that gets written off very often but there must be a reason why people remember these experiences years later. Whereabouts were you living at the time by the way?
    Living in the family home. My nan always wanted to be cremated in our back garden so we scattered the ashes in a dark corner.

The only other experience that my family have had is that both my grandad and my aunty have seen my late father on two occasions after he passed away in 1983. They were both level and would have not concocted any story to upset us kids if it wasn't true.

Although ghosts are not to do with religion, I believe in the afterlife purely because I know (or at least want to know) that I'll meet up with my family members again someday.

Have not had any encounters as such myself. But was told about the Madryn street one by the man who it happened to !! It is a interesting and funny story, concerning a wardrobe??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by verdi View Post
    Have not had any encounters as such myself. But was told about the Madryn street one by the man who it happened to !! It is a interesting and funny story, concerning a wardrobe??
    Really? Is there any chance you could pout me in touch with the man in question or that you could recount his story to me? I've not been able to find much out on that one at all. You can send me a message on here or my email is haunted_liverpool@btinternet.com.

Cheers.

I don't know if you have written the book or what? I saw a ghost in my old house years ago. It wasn't until some years later that my brother said he saw it all the time. He had never said anything about it until then.

I did tell a certain Mr Slemen this story but when I read his version, I had changed into a female (ouch) and the whole story had been changed. I don't know the copyright laws but the true story has not been told.

Ha ha, If the whole story had been changed, then it clearly wasn't your one.

Unless....... da ra daaaar.

We now have first hand evidence of ghoulie tinkering
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Al View Post
    I don't know if you have written the book or what? I saw a ghost in my old house years ago. It wasn't until some years later that my brother said he saw it all the time. He had never said anything about it until then.

I did tell a certain Mr Slemen this story but when I read his version, I had changed into a female (ouch) and the whole story had been changed. I don't know the copyright laws but the true story has not been told.
    Did you describe you as some woman out of a fairy tale with gorgeous red hair and a little freckle?
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Oh dear not put my case very well have I? I meant it was my story but he had tinkered with it no doubt so that I couldn't claim copyright or any credit. As if I would but it is annoying.

Just the names and locations have been changed to protect ..... well it isn't the innocent put it that way.

You are Tom S and I claim my five bob!!

There is a thread on T.S. read it and his books and determine if any real credibility is to be given.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Alright Al, currently putting the finishing touches to the book. Not much room left (especially for stuff that's outside of Liverpool and just in Merseyside generally) but I'd love to hear your story. You can email me at haunted_liverpool@btinternet.com or PM me on here.

Cheers

Blog Entries

Right, I have finished the book; the manuscript and images are winging their way towards the publisher as I type.

Thanks to everyone here who has helped with Haunted Liverpool, I genuinely could not have written it without your assistance.

I've set up a blog at www.hauntedliverpool.blogspot.com which has an abridged piece from the book up already. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I hope to get it a bit more sorted quite soon so do keep checking.

Thanks again

Cheers.

DaisyChains

Right, I have finished the book; the manuscript and images are winging their way towards the publisher as I type.

Thanks to everyone here who has helped with Haunted Liverpool, I genuinely could not have written it without your assistance.

I've set up a blog at www.hauntedliverpool.blogspot.com which has an abridged piece from the book up already. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I hope to get it a bit more sorted quite soon so do keep checking.

Cheers.
    good stuff.
    Please let us know when it's out!
    Thanks again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyChains View Post
    good stuff.
    Please let us know when it's out!
    Thanks again
    Will do.

Blog Entries

I am very pleased to report that I am now taking pre-orders for the the special edition of 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool (limited to 26 lettered and 24 numbered copies) featuring an exclusive bookplate by artist Mo Ali and signed by myself.

Also included is a special bonus article “The Underground Empire of Joseph Williamson” in the form of a handmade booklet signed by myself and its illustrator Leah Moore.

Each volume costs £9.99 (plus postage and packing).

Click on the banner above to reserve your copy (books will ship in early July 2008).

Cheers.

Blog Entries

I'm also trying to get a launch sorted for late June in the city center. I'd be made up if some you would be interested in coming; the people on this forum have been an enormous help in writing the book and I'm very grateful to all of you.

I am very pleased to report that I am now taking pre-orders for the the special edition of 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool (limited to 26 lettered and 24 numbered copies) featuring an exclusive bookplate by artist Mo Ali and signed by myself.

Also included is a special bonus article “The Underground Empire of Joseph Williamson” in the form of a handmade booklet signed by myself and its illustrator Leah Moore.

Each volume costs £9.99 (plus postage and packing).

Click on the banner above to reserve your copy (books will ship in early July 2008).

Cheers.
    Be interesting to read your Williamson book seeing as the last one was utter tripe. Did you get your sources from the usual places, Richard WE, Charles Hand, James Stonehouse?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast