Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Espana Calling?

Default Viva Espana

No more commuting between Liverpool and Spain for me. At the end of September I have my one-way ticket: I ain't coming back. Will miss Cy Tucker on the occasional Sunday at The Big House. I certainly won't be missing the weather. Adios amigos
    War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

Quote Originally Posted by miguel View Post
    No more commuting between Liverpool and Spain for me. At the end of September I have my one-way ticket: I ain't coming back. Will miss Cy Tucker on the occasional Sunday at The Big House. I certainly won't be missing the weather. Adios amigos
    Good on yer, where about will you be moving to? hope the move goes well, and you are right you wont miss the weather. No matter how bad things get, when the sun is shinning things never seem quite so bad!!

It is also nice to keep in touch via Yo,

Happy Moving

Hasta Luego

Thanks Carole. I see there's a few negatives at the beginning of this post - they remind me of the anti-Liverpool posts from people who either don't understand Liverpool and its culture, or haven't been here. Similarly those who think Spain is Britsville. Much like those who think England is Blackpool but never mind.
    Yes, Carole. La Zenia. No particular reason save I have friends there, I know the place well, the rent was right, the location (in a commercial and communication sense) was perfect. I have a job there. Hey, that adds up to 'Makes Sense To Me'. What about you, where are you?
    By the way. I was chatting on the telephone today to Val and Jim. Val used to work at the Erskine Ind' Estate. Jim was a Liverpool black cab driver. Val said in all seriousness. She loves Spain so much she would consider taking her life if circumstances meant they had to return to the UK.
    And today, I was in among the Mathew Street Music Festival crowds at the Victoria Monument. I bumped into Peter (ex hospital) and Linda (ex admin' Alder Hey). Living near San Miguel. Loving it. PS They bought through me.
    War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by miguel View Post
    Thanks Carole. I see there's a few negatives at the beginning of this post - they remind me of the anti-Liverpool posts from people who either don't understand Liverpool and its culture, or haven't been here. Similarly those who think Spain is Britsville. Much like those who think England is Blackpool but never mind.
    Yes, Carole. La Zenia. No particular reason save I have friends there, I know the place well, the rent was right, the location (in a commercial and communication sense) was perfect. I have a job there. Hey, that adds up to 'Makes Sense To Me'. What about you, where are you?
    By the way. I was chatting on the telephone today to Val and Jim. Val used to work at the Erskine Ind' Estate. Jim was a Liverpool black cab driver. Val said in all seriousness. She loves Spain so much she would consider taking her life if circumstances meant they had to return to the UK.
    And today, I was in among the Mathew Street Music Festival crowds at the Victoria Monument. I bumped into Peter (ex hospital) and Linda (ex admin' Alder Hey). Living near San Miguel. Loving it. PS They bought through me.
    I am not too far away from you in La Zenia, about 20minutes or so drive inland. We have loads of clients in La Zenia. I also know San Miguel very well as my mum and dad moved near there 20 years ago, when it was all orange groves and little else. I am glad you have got work to come over to, that is what is hard if you are not retired over here as there are not loads of jobs unless you are fluent in Spanish. I also would not go back to the UK, we always said that if we could not get work, we would go somewhere else in the world but not UK, luckily for us everyone seems to have or want computers so we are safe with work. What kind of work will you be doing? I am sure you will love living here, as you say you know the area very well and it helps having friends here as well. I say good luck to you I am sure you will not regret it, we have been here over five years and have loved every minute of it.

Blog Entries

Default Viva España viva cataluña ... VIVA SPAIN. VIVA CATALONIA. VIVA.

...Si no su historia.....
    (uncultured yobs who rarely visit Great Spanish cathedrals ) me grandads mates,mate pushed Gaudi under that bus in barca? outside the Sagrada Familia, FOR NOT PAYING FOR THE BRICKWORK FOR SAGRADA..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gaudi_barcelona.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	17426
    Joan miro http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Miro.. is related to me through marriage , plus Sancho panza is an anagram of me aunties uncle..? who was best mates with "Don Quixote"..all them smashed plates in Park Guell are from a party that got out of hand, in the spanish civil war http://www.catalystmedia.org.uk/issu..._civil_war.php
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gaudi-Lizard.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	17427

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nerve_logo.gif 
Views:	477 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	17428
    But the most dramatic contribution was that of the local volunteers who travelled to Spain to fight against Franco. Around 130 Merseysiders - including two Liverpool City Councillors - fought in the International Brigades and other anti-fascist militias. Twenty eight local men were killed during the desperate and ultimately unsuccessful war against Franco.http://www.catalystmedia.org.uk/issu..._civil_war.php

My relatives left liverpool and died for another mans cause the spanish civil war
    PLEASE BE AWARE OF THAT...........VIVA ESPANA...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12