Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Espana Calling?

Default Espana Calling?

There's said to be a million Brits settled or partly settled along Spain's Mediterranean coast; good luck to you all. Just thought it might be an idea if some of you ex-Liverpudlians kept in touch with your home (Merseyside) town and showed a little inter-action with those of us still here.

War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

Libertarian

Makes me laugh the Brits are forever crying about multiculturalism here in the UK and how minorities refuse to 'integrate' but in Spain they have created one of the biggest British ghettoes in the world in which Spanish cuisine is swapped for cooked breakfasts and pints of ale. The Brits refuse to conform to Spanish laws and most Brits in Spain are uncultured yobs who rarely visit Great Spanish cathedrals or ponder the beauties of their culture and prefer to go and see sticky vicky in Benidorem or keep up to date with the national debate in the Sun or Daily Mail

In fact the far Right is always moaning on how Brits are leaving the UK in droves and are also proud of their anti Europeanism but when it comes to quitting Blighty and living in Europe they can't wait to do it.

Walden

You make a good point 'tis odd how the far-right so called patriots are quick to quit the country they claim to love so much and are always encouraging others to do the same. I notice they like to keep some connections with the UK at least just enough to be able to use the NHS as and when they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    Makes me laugh the Brits are forever crying about multiculturalism here in the UK and how minorities refuse to 'integrate' but in Spain they have created one of the biggest British ghettoes in the world in which Spanish cuisine is swapped for cooked breakfasts and pints of ale. The Brits refuse to conform to Spanish laws and most Brits in Spain are uncultured yobs who rarely visit Great Spanish cathedrals or ponder the beauties of their culture and prefer to go and see sticky vicky in Benidorem or keep up to date with the national debate in the Sun or Daily Mail

In fact the far Right is always moaning on how Brits are leaving the UK in droves and are also proud of their anti Europeanism but when it comes to quitting Blighty and living in Europe they can't wait to do it.
    My sentiments exactly, they say they are leaving Britain because of all the asylum seekers coming and and refusing to integrate, then go and create exactly the same situation themselves. Its possible to live in Benidorm, Salou, Magalluf and a host of other places and never need to learn a word of Spanish.

chippie

Default SCOUSE INVATION RUNS RIOT

I agree, the number of ex scousers coming to Nantwich is terrible, why only today I saw another one with a Liverpool football shirt on. I,m thinking I may as well have stayed in Kensington the way they are infultrating the b***** country.
    Last edited by chippie; 03-03-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post

Couldn't agree more but I have to ask... who's sticky vicky?

Steven

I can tell you all about Sticky Vicky but not on an open Forum. E-mail ?

Blog Entries

sticky vicky and sexy barbara
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    sticky vicky and sexy barbara

I have a video of Sticky Vicky, taken in Mallorca. She is in her 60's and is married to the Chief of Police. (It's why she gets away with it.)

Her act is amazing ! And she is brilliant for her age. Her daughter is 'Following in her Mums Footsteps' and they are both working the Ballereic Islands and Cruise ships.

Of course, I can't go into any detail here but if you want to know more,, E-mail me

She's got to be on youTube, Steve! I saw her once. Frankly I thought it a bit er, well, like what the Egyptians used to do on the quays at Port Said to 'entertain' ships crews and passengers . . . a spectacle . . . curiousity droive me to it but thank God she's not a relative of mine.
    War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

Default Santiago

In reply to your post Miguel I live in Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, North West Spain a long way from the Mediterranean coast. This is Green Spain and for Green Spain read Wet Spain.
    I was born in Oxford Street, left Liverpool at aged 9 and returned to Bebington in 1968. I was there until 1980 when I moved to County Road Walton. After 21 years there I moved to Hoylake for two years and I've now been here since December 2004.
    I'll post some pictures on the web so you can see what it's like.

I think some people are missing the point when dissing ex pats for leaving what they may call a sinking ship.

It has been proved that a lot of Immigrants come here to sponge off the welfare state that wasn't originally set up as a lifestyle choice. Free education, health service, housing etc etc. not to mention then bringing extended family over to join them on these freebies.

How many of the British enclave in Malaga or anywhere else have gone their to claim their benefits, and quite rightly they wouldn't be able to. Many set up businesses such as bars whereby (local law usually) they have to employ locals. This is taken to even further extremes for the likes of Oz, Usa, Canada, NZ etc where you always had to score highly on a points system as no doubt those expats on here can confirm. You also have to show you are financially self sufficient.

I don't think there are any parallels to be drawn.
    Last edited by Ged; 07-28-2008 at 02:01 AM.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Gnomie

Given the chance i would gladly settle in Spain. That is why i chose to learn the language, so when i do go there i can speak the lingo. I do not like the tourist areas, there are plenty of spanish areas where you can stay, very beautiful areas. I understand why they have the tourist areas, for the income. Everyone is given the chance to stay where they would enjoy their holiday. i choose to stay where i can talk to the locals. The Spanish are wonderful people, very friendly and so laid back. they could learn us a thing or two about relaxing and not living in a 100 miles an hour world. By the way i dont moan about anyone who comes into this country, nor do i hear it from ex-pats i meet in Spain. why would they worry when they live in such a beautiful country.

If people want to move to Spain, good luck to them. there is no rule (yet) about it. they have every right to live there lives elsewhere. I will one day.

Until then ADIOS

Default Ex pats

41 years ago I met a Mexican girl, fell in love and we finally got married. Had kids, then I lost my job and couldn't find another (England was going through one of its slumps) so we emigrated to Mexico.
    Difficult times learning Spanish and seeing how things are done here but I was young and adaptable so I managed OK.
    37 years here now, I return to England periodically and enjoy the sites, and the pubs but after so long here I find that after a few weeks I want to come "home".
    The weather is great here, folk are friendly, jobs pay well for professional people, many oportunities without having the taxman take it all away.
    If you decide to emigrate do it wholeheartedly, don't keep whining that "things are better in England".
    Hasta luego
    Rob
    PS
    Nobody sleeps under a cactus here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
    Given the chance i would gladly settle in Spain. That is why i chose to learn the language, so when i do go there i can speak the lingo. I do not like the tourist areas, there are plenty of spanish areas where you can stay, very beautiful areas. I understand why they have the tourist areas, for the income. Everyone is given the chance to stay where they would enjoy their holiday. i choose to stay where i can talk to the locals. The Spanish are wonderful people, very friendly and so laid back. they could learn us a thing or two about relaxing and not living in a 100 miles an hour world. By the way i dont moan about anyone who comes into this country, nor do i hear it from ex-pats i meet in Spain. why would they worry when they live in such a beautiful country.

If people want to move to Spain, good luck to them. there is no rule (yet) about it. they have every right to live there lives elsewhere. I will one day.

Until then ADIOS
    Here here

I love living here in Spain, I love the people, my friends are mostly spanish, my childrens friends are all spanish, we dont claim any benefits, we work full time and we dont moan about England, but have to admitt, do chuckle about the rain over there sorry!

You do get some of the Brits moaning though, but fortunately they usually end up going back to England, where they are probably still not satisfied and still moan

we chose a village that was very spanish, although there are english here but everyone seems to enjoy being here

It does not matter where in the world you are as long as you are happy that is the main thing, but got to admit waking up to sun every morning does help, hang on while I just switch the air con on!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast