Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North End

Default North End

from www.rudi.net

In Liverpool's 800th year, BDP has created a vision for Liverpool Northshore on behalf of Liverpool Land Development Company. The vision explores proposals for 800 acres of abandoned dockland and under-utilised hinterland north of the city centre. It represents an unparalleled opportunity to incorporate a balance of leisure, employment, residential and knowledge-based economic activity to create employment opportunity and reinforce housing market renewal initiatives in Liverpool’s northern wards and surrounding boroughs. BDP aims to create the longest and most successful waterfront in the UK.

In this context, BDP’s vision represents Northshore as a model for the city region, drawing Liverpool together as an independent and self-reliant city under the aegis of its unique and world recognised brand. It also represents Northshore as a model for sustainable communities on this vast brownfield city site; showcasing architectural innovation and environmental design that will enliven the city and moderate urban sprawl.

The vision is based on sustainable transport choices which were informed by a complementary infrastructure study for Northshore, reviewing the city’s impressive railway network, proposing the re-opening of railway tunnels into the city, re-establishing the Liverpool overhead railway and proposing a new mainline terminus and ultimately a new rail tunnel under the Mersey.

BDP worked with Locum Destination Consulting and Faber Maunsell to produce the vision for Liverpool Northshore. The work is now the subject of consideration by LLDC and its partners within the context of the wider regeneration of North Liverpool that the city council is championing.

August 8, 2007 - 11:04 Filed under: Awards | design and development | infrastructure | Liverpool
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	northshore2.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	455.6 KB 
ID:	4055  

kat2

I thought that area of land had already been purchased by peel holdings as part of Liverpool waters scheme? hmmm...is this a case of scuppering or am I missing something regarding all the proposed drawings published by Peel which show a grand waterfront scheme , with mono rail too?
    anyone got any ideas as to what is actually happening here?
    kat
    or is it that peel never owned the land? perhaps thats why there over here on the wirral this past month or so?

Peel own the docks up to the Dock Road. This area goes all the way back into Vauxhall.

If you look at this image of Peel's Liverpool Waters though and compare it to the outined area in your attached image they do clearly overlap. Use Stanley Dock warehouse as a reference..

It is possible that Peel and LLDC wil work in partnership as do alot of companies. LLDC do say that the outlined area will include commercial space which could be reffering to the Liverpool Waters scheme.

kat2

I just now find it so confusing why produce the models and drawings like the one above, after all it seems like its a proposed vision for Liverpool, what relationship does Liverpool Land development company have? I thought they were just involved in the edge lane project? but wasnt it peel that produced those models and spent money on drawings about a proposed vision for Liverpool?
    it would be interesting to know what relationship Peel have with the Liverpool land development company and who really owns the land. I know peel have bought alot of Land and property over here on the Wirral but what is the situation in Liverpool, just what to Peel actually own?
    kat

why produce drawings models of somebody elses land? seems rather a waste if it all falls through?

I remember reading that Peel's land was 150acres. LLDC say here that this area is 800 acres and both photos clearly show that this includes Peel's land.

Liverpool Waters is part of a wider plan for the whole area!

LLDC are involved in alot more than the Edge Lane Project. See their website http://www.liverpooldev.co.uk

[QUOTE=kat2;73880]....what relationship does Liverpool Land development company have? I thought they were just involved in the edge lane project? ...

LLDC are responsible for everything outside the city centre (Liverpool Vision) including Edge Lane, Speke (lots) and Northshore which includes many land owners.

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    LLDC are involved in alot more than the Edge Lane Project. See their website http://www.liverpooldev.co.uk
    and this

Liverpool Land Development Company (LLDC) is the organisation taking the lead on the implementation of major economic and physical regeneration projects in key areas of Liverpool outside the city centre. LLDC began operations in April 2003...

www.liverpooldev.co.uk/?ctid=91

Quote Originally Posted by kat2 View Post
    I know peel have bought alot of Land and property over here on the Wirral but what is the situation in Liverpool, just what to Peel actually own?
    kat

why produce drawings models of somebody elses land? seems rather a waste if it all falls through?
    Peel own all the land where the renders show skyscrapers being built. They wouldn't produce models of other peoples land. Peel own a LOT of land!!

So petromax, are LLDC just in charge of overseeing the development of the land and throwing ideas out there so that developers might pick them up? Do LLDC own any land or do they just ensure that land is developed?
    Last edited by twiz; 08-13-2007 at 01:45 PM.

From their website:

LLDC is a partnership between English Partnerships (EP), Liverpool City Council (LCC) and the Northwest Regional Development Agency (NWDA) The Company was formed to be the primary vehicle for implementing the major physical regeneration programmes in four of the Strategic Investment Areas (SIAs) in Liverpool, as part of the 2000-2006 Objective One Programme.

The four SIAs are:

Approach 580
    Eastern Approaches
    Atlantic Gateway - Northshore
    Speke Halewood
    The main operational objectives of LLDC are to bring under-used and derelict land into effective use for economic development purposes, to implement major infrastructure projects and to undertake general environmental improvements. In order to achieve these key objectives, the Company will focus on the following:

to intervene selectively to progress and project manage large projects;
    to bring projects to the market on a realistic timeframe and with viable funding arrangements;
    to champion the SIAs to the development market;
    to enhance co-ordination across SIAs;
    to enable best use of partner assets;
    to enable economies of scale to be captured; and
    to market and attract investment opportunities.

kat2

So, if Liverpool Land development company do the things listed as shown then why is Peel promoting the Liverpool and Wirral waters themes? if its as you say looking for ideas? I thought the ideas where already there, I thought the investors in those ideas where their too?
    namely if Peel own the land, produced the renders then apart from getting investors to buy into the proposed schemes already I dont fully understand the role of Liverpool Land Development company, after all it was Peel that went to press both on the Wirral and Liverpool.
    I dont understand why Liverpool Land made the announcement it did unless peel are pulling out, I did hear that there has been development problems to do with the large scale and time frame, and that this wasnt a local issue but at Government level?
    perhaps thats why Peel are over here, who knows, it just sounds abit odd.
    kat

No doubt there will be many developers doing their own thing in Northshore. Peel and Liverpool Waters is a piece of it (judging from the area about a fifth of it) but it needs a big plan for the whole area to make sure it all works together.

Quote Originally Posted by kat2 View Post
    So, if Liverpool Land development company do the things listed as shown then why is Peel promoting the Liverpool and Wirral waters themes? if its as you say looking for ideas? I thought the ideas where already there, I thought the investors in those ideas where their too?
    namely if Peel own the land, produced the renders then apart from getting investors to buy into the proposed schemes already I dont fully understand the role of Liverpool Land Development company, after all it was Peel that went to press both on the Wirral and Liverpool.
    I dont understand why Liverpool Land made the announcement it did unless peel are pulling out, I did hear that there has been development problems to do with the large scale and time frame, and that this wasnt a local issue but at Government level?
    perhaps thats why Peel are over here, who knows, it just sounds abit odd.
    kat
    How do you mean "Peel are over here"? Wirral Waters was announced before Liverpool Waters and there've been more signs of a start on Liverpool Waters than on Wirral, namely the floating houses on Princes Dock and Shanghai Tower.

Peel own the land and Liverpool Waters will still go ahead. From what Petromax says LLDC are similar to Liverpool Vision except they operate outside of the city center. They aren't developers themselves, they just attract investment and oversee the development of certain areas in the city. They will show what is possible and carry out studies to show whether or not certain developmets are feasible.

LLDC have made the announcement for a much larger area than Liverpool Waters covers. The idea they are proposing will integrate and work with LW, it was probably inspired by LW. It is not a replacement for LW.
    Last edited by twiz; 08-13-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast