Thread: Liverpool`s new museum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Well, That's telling me.
    I said " "That clears up some points for me, Ged. I enjoy your books but I got the impression you were on the side of high rise developments, and view the demise of the Everton neighborhood as something good."
    I won't search your books for any contradictions, but your present position on future developments speaks for itself
    I'm sure other members can tell you what a white elephant is if you really don't know.

We have to watch that our procrastination and thwarting of schemes by those in Whitehall does not drive the private investment away to somewhere else such as Manchester who have a more forward and less bickering thinking council and who just let architects get on with things, perhaps London favours that.
    " Must remember to doff me cap when t'masters come"

Back to reality. How many times must we repeat the mistakes of the past, less bickering sounds like shut up, and let the architects get on with things?????????????????????? YEH, LIKE IN THE PAST. Instead of Liverpool, our city will be a poorly copied replica of Paris, Venice, New York, you name it. Liverpool is (was) unique itself, We should be looking to manufacture not service industries and short term building projects.
    Viewing the waterfront from Birkenhead ( for instance) a mile can be seen by shifting your head. The Liver buildings and the proposed "white elephant" will be in the same line of vision, but I'm sure you knew what was implied the first time. I'm sure Lynford would beat me too.
    Council responsibilities have been ruthlessly executed in the past, nothing changes, " If you don't learn from the past you're likely to repeat the past", no doubt you'll be seeing the "white elephant". Who'd've imagined Superlamb**** statues outside a museum?
    Regarding Yuppies etc.and prices. One of the reasons Granada TV's morning show relocated to London from the Albert Dock was to attract more stars. I've no grudge to bear against local talent, many who still live here and are happy to pay higher prices. It's the gradual creep into OUR economy of higher prices I loathe.
    This could go on and on so.....
    Thanks Ged, for letting me have my gripe,
    Cheers,
    Chas
    Last edited by chasevans; 07-21-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: corrections