Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool`s new museum

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Well, That's telling me.
    I said " "That clears up some points for me, Ged. I enjoy your books but I got the impression you were on the side of high rise developments, and view the demise of the Everton neighborhood as something good."
    I won't search your books for any contradictions, but your present position on future developments speaks for itself
    I'm sure other members can tell you what a white elephant is if you really don't know.

We have to watch that our procrastination and thwarting of schemes by those in Whitehall does not drive the private investment away to somewhere else such as Manchester who have a more forward and less bickering thinking council and who just let architects get on with things, perhaps London favours that.
    " Must remember to doff me cap when t'masters come"

Back to reality. How many times must we repeat the mistakes of the past, less bickering sounds like shut up, and let the architects get on with things?????????????????????? YEH, LIKE IN THE PAST. Instead of Liverpool, our city will be a poorly copied replica of Paris, Venice, New York, you name it. Liverpool is (was) unique itself, We should be looking to manufacture not service industries and short term building projects.
    Viewing the waterfront from Birkenhead ( for instance) a mile can be seen by shifting your head. The Liver buildings and the proposed "white elephant" will be in the same line of vision, but I'm sure you knew what was implied the first time. I'm sure Lynford would beat me too.
    Council responsibilities have been ruthlessly executed in the past, nothing changes, " If you don't learn from the past you're likely to repeat the past", no doubt you'll be seeing the "white elephant". Who'd've imagined Superlamb**** statues outside a museum?
    Regarding Yuppies etc.and prices. One of the reasons Granada TV's morning show relocated to London from the Albert Dock was to attract more stars. I've no grudge to bear against local talent, many who still live here and are happy to pay higher prices. It's the gradual creep into OUR economy of higher prices I loathe.
    This could go on and on so.....
    Thanks Ged, for letting me have my gripe,
    Cheers,
    Chas
    Last edited by chasevans; 07-21-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: corrections

I would have had the museum in the tobacco warehouse. I would suggest they fill the lego buildings they have now before building others.
    Whats happening to the coastal walk from the Pierhead to link up with Crosby ?

THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Blog Entries

A nice bit of lateral thinking.
    Regards,
    Chas

Quote Originally Posted by gregs dad View Post
    I would have had the museum in the tobacco warehouse. I would suggest they fill the lego buildings they have now before building others.
    Whats happening to the coastal walk from the Pierhead to link up with Crosby ?
    I put forward an idea to the Museum curators and those in charge of the large objects museum that the stanley tobacco warehouse looked ideal to me. Apparently not due to the obstructions such as the cast iron pillars etc. I would have loved to have seen more of the large objects on show but if you've ever seen the L.O. Depot where they are kept, maintained and restored with not a pillar in sight and high celings - then who was I to argue
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Move Scottie Roaders?

How very dare they

They are here to stay

Build your lego elsewhere.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Chas, I know what a white elephant per se means but perhaps you might describe the building that will be the white elephant. I think the cloud would have been as not even an internal use was put forward. I also think the black buildings are in the wrong place so what other buildings do you propose will be a white elephant as there's no land left immediately to the south or north of the Liver now anyway (which is the UNESCO WHS) which is why I can't see their point. The people in Vauxhall that I know including those that Ron Formby took on coach tours years ago would love something being done with their area as Peel are proposing. I would also think that for you to get an 'impression' of what I thought, you would have to have got that impression by something i've said or written that's all and is quite a reasonable assumption by me I would have thought but anyway, it's wrong.

Yes we all hate higher prices Chas so I say welcome to the largest National Museum built anywhere in Britain in the last century which is entirely free. It had record crowds through its doors apparently for any opening and the money being spent in the area and city is only good for the local economy. It didn't actually wow me 100% as being a stickler myself, did find things I thought they could have done better but I did hear gasps around me all night and people saying they'd be back to scrutinise it further when they had about 4 hours to kill.

It's not a gripe you've got Chas, it's an opinion and you're entitled to it as much as me or anyone. Healthy debate I call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Chas, I know what a white elephant per se means but perhaps you might describe the building that will be the white elephant. I think the cloud would have been as not even an internal use was put forward. I also think the black buildings are in the wrong place so what other buildings do you propose will be a white elephant as there's no land left immediately to the south or north of the Liver now anyway (which is the UNESCO WHS) which is why I can't see their point. The people in Vauxhall that I know including those that Ron Formby took on coach tours years ago would love something being done with their area as Peel are proposing. I would also think that for you to get an 'impression' of what I thought, you would have to have got that impression by something i've said or written that's all and is quite a reasonable assumption by me I would have thought but anyway, it's wrong.

Yes we all hate higher prices Chas so I say welcome to the largest National Museum built anywhere in Britain in the last century which is entirely free. It had record crowds through its doors apparently for any opening and the money being spent in the area and city is only good for the local economy. It didn't actually wow me 100% as being a stickler myself, did find things I thought they could have done better but I did hear gasps around me all night and people saying they'd be back to scrutinise it further when they had about 4 hours to kill.

It's not a gripe you've got Chas, it's an opinion and you're entitled to it as much as me or anyone. Healthy debate I call it.
    Well said!

Blog Entries

Ged

http://www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/5953750169/

Ged this comment was on my flickr site today

Thanks for the photo and the heads up Joe. Very much appreciated mate.

I believe the Museum is open until 10pm tonight, tomorrow and Sunday and Connie Lush, the RLPO and others are performing at the Pier Head over the weekend to celebrate the Liver's birthday and it culminates in a Czech production projecting a 3D show onto the Liver and the new Museum.

All free with another million quid to enter the local economy.

Liverpool Photographer Gerard Fleming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregs dad View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/5953750169/

Ged this comment was on my flickr site today

Grekko lad.. not somebody We know in disguise are you ?
    forgive me.. but you sound ever so familiar.. !!
    Liverpool Days... << my website of Liverpool images

Just back to Liverpool after a few days travelling, so have not yet had a chance to see the new museum, Looking at the pics at the start of this post I must admit it looks impressive. I was worried when I first saw it rising so close to our beloved Three Graces, but it does look better now it is exposed. Some of the views from inside look great, and I love the spiral staircase. Can't wait to get inside and have a proper look.

liverpool museum by exacta2a, on Flickr

All through the museum windows last night ,had to go home before the reflections as my supper is ready at 10 pm

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Excellent pics as usual Joe. Nice one

Great pic's Joe,nice to see the Pier Head so busy!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast