Blog Entries

Excellent pics once again
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Details of phase two:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-29071295/

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From FACT in 2005 to the World Museum at William Brown Street, The Echo office atrium, The St. Georges Hall and now the new Museum - it doesn't seem like a 6 year journey.
    Ged fagan sat and there he thought
    how well to use the things he'd bought,
    pots of paint and tubes of glue
    bits of plastic, cardboard too
    Dinky cars ,strips of wood
    assembled well he knew they would
    resemble his old neighbourhood.
    So to the task himself he put
    working hard in sockless foot
    to build a model of his time
    a beauty in the cities grime
    where homes of hope,toil and tears
    would show to man in future years
    the mighty edifice now long gone
    Gerard Gardens marches on.

Ha ha Brilliant grekko.

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Thronged to the rafters again today by all the so called people that are supposed to hate it - pull the other one.

Some more pics of the exhibits.

Lutyens cathedral. There is a timeline of how the proposal unfolded arriving at what was eventually built, also a skyline of what Liverpool would have looked like with it. In my mind, although the building is fantastic, it looked too big on the horizon, it would have dwarfed the Anglican.

There is a small feature on Fazakerly Cottage homes(which probably could have been better).

This model of Everton takes us through 4 eras. I'm surprised it's not covered by a case as kids are trying to pull the buildings off it. Anyhow, you can light up certain local landmarks and hear Peter Morris from Morris's shop talk about the area. His dad's first shop there was in the 1910s then they moved to their present location, next doors cellar which he's shown me was made into a reinforced bunker as the guy was Jewish and feared a German invasion.

A resident from the 4 squares tenement developement also talks of her time living there as well as others you can listen to

There is already a little something on display but I know this will interest Spike.

Another shot of the mock court, from a different angle. You can press a button on the court lavatory to hear a fella shout out' Go away (fart) can't you see (brrrrrp) (SLOSH) i'm busy.

Mike McCartney says of his exhibition that despite having at least 3 world bodies in art asking to displays his photographs, the icing on the cake was when his home town museum honoured with with asking to exhibit his work. Isn't it just Mike.

The mass exodus at 5 to 5.

The new plaza outside. When the rest of the surrounding work is completed this will be even better. I'm not sure if you can get over to the Albert dock as yet.

We were in the 'mass exodus' at 5 to 5! Didn't arrive till 4 so only saw bits....but we will go back.
    I would have thought the first few weeks they would have had extended hours at weekends at least?

Anyway...I can't say I like the building much, (it might grow on me! but the 'black slabs' along side look awful! )

Can't wait to see the 'City Soldiers' gallery...

Yes the black slabs are dreadful, the Museum was open until 10pm last weekend, well supposed to be until the lecky conked at 8pm on the saturday then on the Sunday they closed it at 6 in case the overload happened again.

Still say it should have been Evertons trophy museum....a lot of space full of junk.

Yes the black slabs are dreadful, the Museum was open until 10pm last weekend, well supposed to be until the lecky conked at 8pm on the saturday then on the Sunday they closed it at 6 in case the overload happened again.
    Looking for a shilling for the meter?!

The Chinese section is very good, got bit carried away reading all the info....I might need a few more visits!

Lizzie, i've been there 3 times now and still haven't spent more than 5 mins in the global city part due to the crowds which naturally draw the chinese and other foreign tourists into it looking at the connections with Liverpool.

Went today. Its ok. It will be good when the first floor is done.

Too crowded for me, but I shoved my way into the WW1 section. Found my two great grandads listed on the roll of honour.

I will go back when the kids are back in school. some interesting things there I would like to look at in detail.

Have you been in the Court Housing? Did you press the button on the outside loo...HA HA HA HA.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Yes I did ha ha <blurt> go away <brrrp> can't you see <fart> i'm busy!!!!

I'm not sure if they'll move the WWI stuff into the soldiers gallery when it opens but I agree there is so much to see and not the space or time to see it in just yet. 120,000 visitors up now - just 1M short of my website ha ha but it won't be long before they overtake it

Yes I did ha ha <blurt> go away <brrrp> can't you see <fart> i'm busy!!!!

I'm not sure if they'll move the WWI stuff into the soldiers gallery when it opens but I agree there is so much to see and not the space or time to see it in just yet. 120,000 visitors up now - just 1M short of my website ha ha but it won't be long before they overtake it
    Don't worry Ged, another 20 years or so and you'll have managed to finish putting up your small collection

120,000 visitors up now
    Yes, all the visitors/enthusiasm is now and on its completion of showing other sections,then in 2 years time the visits will diminish to a few here and few there and joe bloggs will lose interest.

We didn't need to spend more money on summat that we didn't need.

Who is we George - do keep up.

What you're saying is your opinion anyway, can you please provide the link to these imaginary figures of only a few - there will always be new Scouse people coming through, with the help of new developers and new developements seeing the city up and coming, always be new uptakes from previously outside the city. It's also student land with new uptakes there as well as new and re-visiting tourists.

I'm sorry but your negative outlook cannot make me feel as proud as punch - let's revel in the fact that the younger generations coming through are not so glum.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Another fantastic shot, this time from an angle not seen before and comments from more people who are liking it. As one says, this really does show how unintrusive the development is on the area. It's on a jut of land that was housing nothing and in no way impedes the 3 graces.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alancookson/5995550824/

I'm sorry but your negative outlook cannot make me feel as proud as punch - let's revel in the fact that the younger generations coming through are not so glum.
    Without true figures we can only make assumptions and my assumption is as I stated its new and everyone wants a look to see what the fuss is all about,once this building has been on the map for x amount of years the doors will stop creaking as much as they did in its hey day...its a bit like going to the cinema for the new box office buster...12 months on and the film has lost its ratings and goes into the archives of the past.

I'm allowed to critique this as you are to relevel in its opening maybe you want people to see your model and gain more popularity? but I myself find the building grotesque and out of place.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast