Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Museum of Liverpool

Yes it is George, read the link you gave me. The covenant was produced by the MDHB.

The ferry terminal building has also been built within the same distance from the river since then.

What is your point exactly?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

The definiton of the convenant is that any building that blocks any of the three graces ie the view seen from all angles has broken the convenant.

Looking at the port from coming up river from the north the building blocks two of the graces.

Wrong again George.

Here is an extract from the link YOU gave which I know all about right from the planning stage.

''The covenant dates back to 1963 when the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board – which then owned Mann Island and the Port of Liverpool Building - sold the land the museum now stands on to Liverpool Corporation.

It kept hold of the imposing port headquarters but wanted to protect its view of the Pilotage Office at the entrance to Canning Half Tide Dock.''

So the MDHB wanted to protect the view from their windows towards the pilotage office which is the red brick building on the photo in the link that YOU gave - take a look yourself if you don't believe.

You have said above in your post 47 that ''Looking at the port from coming up river from the NORTH' - do you mean the SOUTH because entering the River at the mouth and coming down past Bootle, the Museum is further South than the 3 Graces so blocks nothing.

The debate on these threads has always been the 'perceived' blocking of the view of the 3 Graces for US because of the Museum but this covenant is nothing to do with that and concerns the MDHB not being able to see their pilotage red brick building from their windows shown in the pic on the link that YOU gave here.

In the meantime, here's a pic of what Liverpool would still look like if you were on the planning committee as nothing new would ever get built - arf.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This thread is beginning to Remind me of the old Gus Elen song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1GmDA8FU9w
    parodied:
    "As I sat there in our sh*tehouse
    I could see new brighton lighthouse
    if it wasn't for the 'ouses inbetween"

Ged,Ged...Ged the covenant is set out for the whole of the water front by the pierhead stop picking at straws and accept that the building has broken the convenant and in reality shouldn't be there but someone has taken a backhander in getting it in the place it is.

Have you got a stake in this?

Have you got a stake in Liverpool remaining like in that pic above?

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grekko View Post
    This thread is beginning to Remind me of the old Gus Elen song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1GmDA8FU9w
    parodied:
    "As I sat there in our sh*tehouse
    I could see new brighton lighthouse
    if it wasn't for the 'ouses inbetween"

Brilliant grekko and so relevant to those that can't see that if I stood on Picton Road, my view to St Goerges Hall would be obstructed, so what would I do, why, catch the bus to Lime st of course so I wonder why all these people (about 9 of them) won't just walk around to the front of the 3 graces instead of trying to see them from quirky impossible angles just to be pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Ok here's my take on it.....

We have all seen the old housing photographs of the 17th and 18th century.......................
    Nuff said.
    Where?

I can't debate with someone who puts up a link then makes things up that aren't in it. The fine was paid for breaking the covenant that ruled the MDHB couldn't see their little red pilot building from their windows - that was what was broken and sorted. Now it's there and if you reckon you've paid for it - then enjoy it. 6000 objects on view that otherwise wouldn't be.

This museum would have been more fitting in the place of St Johns precinct ie knock the precinct down and replace with museum it would then have fitted in with the surroundings plus it would mean all other empty shops filled by the proprieters of the x precinct shops.

Apart from not being able to understand what you've written, wouldn't my view of the 3 graces be obscured by it if I were standing on Elliot street and looking towards the River?

Plus, do you think doing all that would have cost any less - or more perchance?

Where?
    Yo is crammed with them in past threads and even the resident LRO anorak has a site full of em.

post # 36
    Ok here's my take on it.....

We have all seen the old housing photographs of the 17th and 18th century,
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Yo is crammed with them in past threads and even the resident LRO anorak has a site full of em.
    No it isn't and no he hasn't.
    Not a single photo ever taken during those times!

From the 17th and 18th Century - I wish

Are you any happier today George?

How the house - the seagulls, the spiders, Corrie - the medication

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Chris. There is a street between the Liver and the Crown Plaza to the North of the 3 Graces. There is a street between the Port of Liverpool building and the new Museum to the south of the 3 graces. My view if standing behind the Crown Plaza would be no more or less blocked of the 3 graces than if I stood behind the Museum and complained of the same.
    I think it's clear as most people accept that the new museum has changed the look of the waterfront from Albert Dock. I guess I liked things as they were. I should stop bellyaching though.... the museum is grand for the tourists and for the people of Liverpool (locals and exiles) alike... and when you come out you have the fabulous view of those wonderful three buildings.

Cheers

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

You read it wrong yer wazzocks....Most of the houses where built before the 19th century and photies were taken in the 19th century.

The house I just left was built in 1890...you know where to stick those drumsticks,Gedro...just make sure you push em harder.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast