Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travelling/ Gypsy Community

Blog Entries

Hiya Gypsy Leeboy ,welcome to Yo Liverpool

great site,well done

Mandy
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Default Travelling Gypsy Community

i spoke in a an earlier post re Horse fairs apart from Appleby are they still on the go ?

Caterina

hi catarina

there are a lot of horse fairs atill on the go!
    more now than ever realy?

APPLEBY
    LEE GAP' 2 times a year
    STOWE' 2 times a year
    BARNET'
    KENNALWORTH
    WICCOM'
    BALLY' somthing? cant spell it' but its a massive fair in ireland'

thers a lot more up and down'' but stowe and appleby are the biggest and best''

i think lee gap is on this month? its small but good'

have you got horses?. all the best Lboy

This is the difference isn't it. The likes of Gypsy Leeboy get tarnished with the ones who cause trouble and leave places a tip.

Nice to have you here Lee.

Hi john. i wish it wasn't true fella' but unfortunately yes' i have to agree with you' that there are some stupid people who leave a mess or start up a barny in a pub and all that'
    and theirs no one who gets more upset about this than the vast majority of decent Romany Gypsy people who might live across from you' or on a site near the town but just keep to them self's and get on with every one'.

but the trouble is that it doesn't take many bad people to do some bad things to start a stereo type?'

i would think that any one that's from liverpool will be a bit fed up with hearing bad jokes and bad stereo types about any one from liverpool?'.

the best songwriters in the world came from liverpool' and it was the city of culture' and along with newcastle and glasgow i think that the people are the most homely and desent people you could ever meet'' yet how many times have you heard the same old rubbish about steeling head butting and track sutes?. allthough i take that last bit back if your wearing a track sute .

.when i was a boy and we were shifting from town to town' and if i was to as much as drop an empty crisp packet on the ground and not pick it up when told' i would get a crack up the lug for my trouble!
    and the same was true if i got into a fight'. i would be more scared of my dad finding out that i had been in a fight than i was of the fight '

i think its down to a bad up bringing if you either steel' start trouble or make a mess' . i have travelled all over the country and this is a problem in every community' and does need to be dealt with.
    but the police are to busy putting up speed camera's to do any thing about it '.
    im not realy into polatics or any PC stuff' i just think that every one should get along but i do agree with ya fella' all the best pall' Lboy

Default Travelling Gypsy Community

Hi Lee Boy no i don,t have horses but have always had an iinterest in Travellin people. We used to go to Barnaby Horse fair in N Yorks years ago and i think there is one near Seamer N Yorks. I remember when a kid the Gypsy ladies used to come round at Hull Fair time selling those chrysanthemums were they made of paper or wood cannot remember ? Do any of your people live in the Vardo,s now or not ?Also loved the series on the TV again long time ago recounting the story of the Boswell family it was real interesting.

Best Wishes Caterina.

Libertarian

I've always liked them but when I heard they were homophobic it saddened me and put me off them.

hi caterina' nearly all my family are living in vardo's but mostly on sites '
    i have mine at the back of the house' its allways handy when i get itchy feet ' i have only lived in a house for about 3 or 4 years' .
    i like living in a vardo' but i have got to admit that i am getting a bit used to the comforts of a house '

i would have liked to have seen that program? can you remember the name or the channel it was on so i can google it?''

hope your keeping well' stay lucky' Lboy

Wink

oh' the flowers were made of wood' my grandad used to make them and pegs for my granny to sell' ... better days back then' allthough i dont know if i could do without sky tv' . Lboy

Default Travlin Gypsy Community

Hi Leeboy nice to speak with you again. It was such a long time time ago i think prob would have BBBC either 1 or 2. Thanks for the info re the flowers and pegs bring back a lot of memories.

Bye Caterina

Default Travllin Gypsy Community

Hi again leeboy just looked for you and there is a Boswell Museum in Lincolnshire just type in Boswell family and they sell Dvd,s books all sorts looks really interesting. Hope this is ok for you..

Good Wishes Caterina..

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Leeboy View Post
    hi every one. ' im a Romany Gypsy' and i dont live far from liverpool' and when ever i viset i notice that a lot of liverpool people tend to look and some even dress the same as todays Gypsy people do'. i later found out that a lot of people living in liverpool have Romany roots?'

including(gowd help us ) the singer pete dockerty' on his mums side.

heres my web site' if you are off of the old Gypsy lot ' you might find some of the storys and links helpfull'

take care all' Leeboy
    Hiya Gypsy Leeboy. I have looked at your site, listened to your music, and I like it. What fascinating people you are. You have talent, do something about it!!.

Default Travlin Gypsy Community.

Hiyahh Scousejoan hasn,t Lee Boy got pure talent i love his Midnight in Paris real good sounds a nice Lad too.

Caterina..

Hi girls'' 'caterina scousejoan' thanks very much' im proper made up that you like the songs' and i realy appreciate that you took the time to have a listin.
    as for the nice lad and pure talant bit'' Hmmmmmmmm?? well i hope im a nice lad? but as for the talent bit? thats very debatable.
    hope you had a nice bank holiday' all the very best Leeboy

Default Travllin Gypsy Community.

Hi Lee Boy thanks for them kind words to Scouse joan and myself. You have Talent have belief in your self you are great .............. Bank holiday was quiet really but i live in a Seaside town keep out the way can,t stand crowds. Have you ever travelled to Yorkshire ever Leeboy ? Do any of your family do any palm reading i remember at Hull Fair a very big fair there was loads of Gypsy ladies tellin fortunes their vans always looked so colourful.
    Bye for now keep on keepin On Leeboy..

Caterina..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast