Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Culture Company Incompetence

Blog Entries

Exclamation Culture Company Incompetence

Culture Company Incompetence:

Seems likely that the recent Mathew Street fiasco could be the beginning of the end for the organisation or members within.

I for one have cancelled (still waiting for my email ) my Ambassador subscription and will probably bin the 08 card for a start.

However, lets not let this Comedy act ruin our 2007 birthday etc.

Add your comments, be my guest.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I think your right Kev. Looking at the daily post today it looks likely that the Culture Company will be scrapped. The matthew street festival, which is thankfully going ahead will be organised by a hand picked selection of people chosen by the council and will involve no-one from the culture company.
    I don't think I will be cancelling my ambassador subscription though. It's still a great thing that helps to promote 08 and keeps people informed about what is going on.

Blog Entries

And I was just reaching for my hammer and scissors .

I'll sleep on it (not the hammer - the canceling of the ambassador if the email doesn't arrive )

Still might cut up my 08 card though.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default in some senses it's good this has happened

in some senses it's good that this fiasco has blown the gaff on jason Harborrow, if they'd have cancelled the Klimt exhibition or they dont manage to get Pete Postelthwaite, then they would have disappointed a few people this really highlights some of the attitudes and crap which has been happening over the past year. A lot of people who were critical of the CC were being called Parochial and Whinging whne highlighting some of the inadequacies and jiggery pokery which was going on.

Well this shows you the senseless useless people running this bag o ****e, head by yhe most sensless and useless of them all. JH

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    I think your right Kev. Looking at the daily post today it looks likely that the Culture Company will be scrapped. The matthew street festival, which is thankfully going ahead will be organised by a hand picked selection of people chosen by the council and will involve no-one from the culture company.
    I don't think I will be cancelling my ambassador subscription though. It's still a great thing that helps to promote 08 and keeps people informed about what is going on.
    Hello AK1 and Kev

This may be a function of the old story that you can't legislate by committee. In other words, what's really needed is some committed people who can get a job done.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Default Round up the usual suspects...

The matthew street festival, which is thankfully going ahead will be organised by a hand picked selection of people chosen by the council and will involve no-one from the culture company.
    If the festival is going to go ahead fantastic. But let's not fall for this twaddle that the Culture Company was solely to blame and the Council is going to ride to the rescue.

THE CULTURE COMPANY WAS SET UP BY, IS OVERSEEN BY AND IS A PART OF THE COUNCIL.

Warren Bradley, Colin Hilton and Mike Storey are just 3 of the senior council figures on the board of the company. Hilton admitted that he'd known about the problems for 'months'.

As usual when there is a monumental cock-up, it's a mad dash to get out the smoke and mirrors.

The same people who are pretending to ride to our rescue are the ones who dropped us in it in the first place.

Asking Hilton - or any senior Council Officer - to mount an 'independent investigation' of the fiasco is like getting Ronnie Biggs to look into the Great train robbery!

Quote Originally Posted by gerrydoyle View Post
    If the festival is going to go ahead fantastic. But let's not fall for this twaddle that the Culture Company was solely to blame and the Council is going to ride to the rescue.

Warren Bradley, Colin Hilton and Mike Storey are just 3 of the senior council figures on the board of the company. Hilton admitted that he'd known about the problems for 'months'. . . .
    Yes okay. Sounds like we knew the bridge was unsafe for years. . . and yes there it goes and collapses.

Once more, there have to be people who can get the job done, not names on a committee who just generate hot air.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Yes okay. Sounds like we knew the bridge was unsafe for years. . . and yes there it goes and collapses.

Once more, there have to be people who can get the job done, not names on a committee who just generate hot air.

Chris
    Couldn't agree more but it has to be different people. To paraphrase the old saying, 'the definition of insanity is doing things the same way with the same people over and over again and expecting a different outcome!

These clowns make Spiro T Agnew look like a model public servant.

Couldn't agree more but it has to be different people. To paraphrase the old saying, 'the definition of insanity is doing things the same way with the same people over and over again and expecting a different outcome!

These clowns make Spiro T Agnew look like a model public servant.
    Hello Gerry

I don't know where you are located but Spiro Agnew was probably no worse than a lot of Maryland politicians. As you may know, I live and vote in Maryland. The "graft" or backhanders to politicos is rampant here and thus Nixon's Vice President, Spiro Agnew (former Maryland governor), Maryland Governor Marvin Mandel and Baltimore County executive Dale Anderson all went down in the same probe but they were probably no worse than a lot of other Maryland politicians who have not been exposed for their shennanigans. Thus I worry about the bridges here. . . I do think also that Agnew in a lot of ways was a fall guy for Nixon.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Warren Bradley, Colin Hilton and Mike Storey are just 3 of the senior council figures on the board of the company. Hilton admitted that he'd known about the problems for 'months'.

As usual when there is a monumental cock-up, it's a mad dash to get out the smoke and mirrors.

The same people who are pretending to ride to our rescue are the ones who dropped us in it in the first place.

Asking Hilton - or any senior Council Officer - to mount an 'independent investigation' of the fiasco is like getting Ronnie Biggs to look into the Great train robbery!
    Though the main blame appears to lie with the Culture Company I was more than a bit surprised when Warren Bradley said he was unaware of the problem until so recently. Surely as leader of the council he should be on the ball with these things. Sure he's on holiday but (unless it's a REALLY long holiday ) things should have been in place beforehand.

These days there's no such thing as 'out of touch'. I called a lady's Southport number last week. It was transferred; I wasn't even aware of it. I chatted with her as she sunbathed on a lounger, on a cruise ship off the coast of Egypt. Pull the other one, Warren. This is 2007. Not 1937.
    War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    Though the main blame appears to lie with the Culture Company I was more than a bit surprised when Warren Bradley said he was unaware of the problem until so recently. Surely as leader of the council he should be on the ball with these things.
    Part of me agrees and wants to agree however, there's something that is telling me that this Culture Company have been on their own agenda for so long throughout this whole thing doing this and that which has resulted in this nonsense. They've probably been shifty in their approach to being a transparent, accountable organisation. Remember from what has been reported, Warren Bradlley and others attended a meeting on the earlier on and nothing was mentioned about cancelling it, then he goes away and voila!
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I agree Kev. I genuinelly believe that Warren had no idea about the cancellation. It does seem that for some reason he wasn't kept informed. I find Warren B to be a very genuine person who isn't afraid to speak his mind. I believe him.

Angry

I agree Kev. I genuinelly believe that Warren had no idea about the cancellation. It does seem that for some reason he wasn't kept informed. I find Warren B to be a very genuine person who isn't afraid to speak his mind. I believe him.
    " At the end of the day, it is important Everton FC have a new stadium somewhere within the city region. If it happens to be in Knowsley, the benefits will be shared among all of us. "
    Cllr Warren Bradley, Daily Post, 5th September, 2006.

" And what are Everton fans getting ? A glorified cow shed built in a small town outside Liverpool. "
    Cllr Warren Bradley, Daily Post, 21st July, 2007

I wouldn't suggest for a second that Warren is not a 'genuine person'. I would however suggest that he is woefully out of his depth. Listening to him this evening on the radio I also get the feeling that there are times he doesn't know what he thinks until he hears himself say it.

Here's the bottom line, I really, really, really don't care if he's a nice person.

What I do care about is the fact that he's so obviously incapable of providing the leadership that this City needs.

Speaking his mind is fine, it would be even better if there was some relevant information in it at the time.

I'm sick to death of hearing Mr. Bradley & his chums spouting lame excuses for being asleep at the wheel.

Sorry but 'genuine' just isn't a substitute for competent

PhilipG

It reminds me of Derek Hatton doing his own thing without telling (was it Hamilton? How easily we forget!).

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast