YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Culture Company Incompetence

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Culture Company Incompetence

Culture Company Incompetence:

Seems likely that the recent Mathew Street fiasco could be the beginning of the end for the organisation or members within.

I for one have cancelled (still waiting for my email ) my Ambassador subscription and will probably bin the 08 card for a start.

However, lets not let this Comedy act ruin our 2007 birthday etc.

ADVERTISING

Add your comments, be my guest.
    YO! Liverpool has taken me 10 years to develop and maintain.
    If you like the website, please
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Thanks

I think your right Kev. Looking at the daily post today it looks likely that the Culture Company will be scrapped. The matthew street festival, which is thankfully going ahead will be organised by a hand picked selection of people chosen by the council and will involve no-one from the culture company.
    I don't think I will be cancelling my ambassador subscription though. It's still a great thing that helps to promote 08 and keeps people informed about what is going on.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

And I was just reaching for my hammer and scissors .

I'll sleep on it (not the hammer - the canceling of the ambassador if the email doesn't arrive )

Still might cut up my 08 card though.
    YO! Liverpool has taken me 10 years to develop and maintain.
    If you like the website, please
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Thanks

Default in some senses it's good this has happened

in some senses it's good that this fiasco has blown the gaff on jason Harborrow, if they'd have cancelled the Klimt exhibition or they dont manage to get Pete Postelthwaite, then they would have disappointed a few people this really highlights some of the attitudes and crap which has been happening over the past year. A lot of people who were critical of the CC were being called Parochial and Whinging whne highlighting some of the inadequacies and jiggery pokery which was going on.

Well this shows you the senseless useless people running this bag o ****e, head by yhe most sensless and useless of them all. JH

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    I think your right Kev. Looking at the daily post today it looks likely that the Culture Company will be scrapped. The matthew street festival, which is thankfully going ahead will be organised by a hand picked selection of people chosen by the council and will involve no-one from the culture company.
    I don't think I will be cancelling my ambassador subscription though. It's still a great thing that helps to promote 08 and keeps people informed about what is going on.
    Hello AK1 and Kev

This may be a function of the old story that you can't legislate by committee. In other words, what's really needed is some committed people who can get a job done.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Thanks

Default Round up the usual suspects...

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    The matthew street festival, which is thankfully going ahead will be organised by a hand picked selection of people chosen by the council and will involve no-one from the culture company.
    If the festival is going to go ahead fantastic. But let's not fall for this twaddle that the Culture Company was solely to blame and the Council is going to ride to the rescue.

THE CULTURE COMPANY WAS SET UP BY, IS OVERSEEN BY AND IS A PART OF THE COUNCIL.

Warren Bradley, Colin Hilton and Mike Storey are just 3 of the senior council figures on the board of the company. Hilton admitted that he'd known about the problems for 'months'.

As usual when there is a monumental cock-up, it's a mad dash to get out the smoke and mirrors.

The same people who are pretending to ride to our rescue are the ones who dropped us in it in the first place.

Asking Hilton - or any senior Council Officer - to mount an 'independent investigation' of the fiasco is like getting Ronnie Biggs to look into the Great train robbery!

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast