Thread: in search of the surname LYNCH family

Wink in search of the surname LYNCH family

Hi, I am not exactly linked to this surname but an Amy Lynch was married to a Thomas Peers (his first wife) they had three children, one had died after Amy's death, the two surviving siblings were my nana's half sister/brother, my nana was born from his second wife, Bridget Summers. It would be helpful if you can help me to know more about this family and more besides, thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by danbi11 View Post
    Hi, I am not exactly linked to this surname but an Amy Lynch was married to a Thomas Peers (his first wife) they had three children, one had died after Amy's death, the two surviving siblings were my nana's half sister/brother, my nana was born from his second wife, Bridget Summers. It would be helpful if you can help me to know more about this family and more besides, thanks...
    Hello,

Can’t find a marriage between Thomas Peers and Bridget Summers! However, in 1911, there is a marriage between Thomas Peers and Mary Summers at St Cuthbert in Everton.

The children of this marriage appear to be Ellen, born 1913 in West Derby; Thomas born 1915 in Liverpool; Evelyn, born 1918 in Liverpool and Lilian born 1919, in Liverpool.

Maybe one of the three girls is your Nana!

Working backwards on Freebmd, there is a marriage of Amy Lynch and Thomas Peers in West Derby in 1900 and a death of Amy Peers, aged 27 in 1905 in West Derby.

I was hoping to identify the names of the children born of this marriage, between 1900 and 1905, but unfortunately, there are too many to list! Besides, the maiden name of the mother isn’t shown until around 1911/12!

In the 1911 census, there is a Thomas Peers in West Derby. There is also a Mary Peers born 1879 in the same registration district, but I don’t know whether they are in the same household. I don’t have a sub for this census, so I can’t look it up for you. Maybe someone with a sub could have a look and find out the names of the two children from the previous marriage.

Had a look on the 1901 census, but can’t find Amy and Thomas together in the Liverpool area!

From Amy’s age at death (27) in 1905, I would expect her year of birth to be around 1878.

In the 1881 census, there is an Amy J Lynch, aged 3 living at the home of William Johns at 80 Hughes Street, Everton. Sadly, she is listed as a “boarder” and the other people in the household are called Pennington. Mary Pennington is the daughter of William Johns and the children are his grandchildren. Census ref – RG11/3672/124/25 (Copyright TNA)

On Freebmd, there is a birth of Amy Lynch in Liverpool in the June Q of 1877 (vol 8b, page 175).

If you really want to know who Amy’s parents were, then all I can suggest is that you order this birth certificate from the GRO!

Regards,

Arisnan

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Further to the above, there is a marriage in Liverpool, in the last quarter of 1914 between Bridget Summers and Patrick King.

Quote Originally Posted by arisnan View Post
    Hello,

Can’t find a marriage between Thomas Peers and Bridget Summers! However, in 1911, there is a marriage between Thomas Peers and Mary Summers at St Cuthbert in Everton.

The children of this marriage appear to be Ellen, born 1913 in West Derby; Thomas born 1915 in Liverpool; Evelyn, born 1918 in Liverpool and Lilian born 1919, in Liverpool.

Maybe one of the three girls is your Nana!

Working backwards on Freebmd, there is a marriage of Amy Lynch and Thomas Peers in West Derby in 1900 and a death of Amy Peers, aged 27 in 1905 in West Derby.

I was hoping to identify the names of the children born of this marriage, between 1900 and 1905, but unfortunately, there are too many to list! Besides, the maiden name of the mother isn’t shown until around 1911/12!

In the 1911 census, there is a Thomas Peers in West Derby. There is also a Mary Peers born 1879 in the same registration district, but I don’t know whether they are in the same household. I don’t have a sub for this census, so I can’t look it up for you. Maybe someone with a sub could have a look and find out the names of the two children from the previous marriage.

Had a look on the 1901 census, but can’t find Amy and Thomas together in the Liverpool area!

From Amy’s age at death (27) in 1905, I would expect her year of birth to be around 1878.

In the 1881 census, there is an Amy J Lynch, aged 3 living at the home of William Johns at 80 Hughes Street, Everton. Sadly, she is listed as a “boarder” and the other people in the household are called Pennington. Mary Pennington is the daughter of William Johns and the children are his grandchildren. Census ref – RG11/3672/124/25 (Copyright TNA)

On Freebmd, there is a birth of Amy Lynch in Liverpool in the June Q of 1877 (vol 8b, page 175).

If you really want to know who Amy’s parents were, then all I can suggest is that you order this birth certificate from the GRO!

Regards,

Arisnan

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Further to the above, there is a marriage in Liverpool, in the last quarter of 1914 between Bridget Summers and Patrick King.
    Hello there,

Thanks for your reply. No, there was not a marriage certificate for a Bridget Summers and Thomas Peers, but of a Mary Summers. Something does not ring right here, it's rather suspicious, but someone had mentioned her real name is actually Bridget not Mary. You have given the exact dates and names of my nana's siblings, my nana was Lilian born 1919 in Liverpool.

The Freebmd is the correct information of Amy Lynch and Thomas Peers, this was his first wife, and yes, she did die aged 27 yrs old giving birth to their third child, a daughter. Their two children's names were Walter and Mary.

Anyway thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

Debbie