YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool in the 90's

Thanks

Default Liverpool in the 90's

What was Liverpool like in the 1990's? Did you have the high velocity of the drug gangs that you have now? Or did the club scene which seemed to be huge in the 90's attract the younger element away from the violence that seems to have been so prevalent in the last decade in Liverpool?

I genuinely am interested in reading the replies from people that have lived in Liverpool and in the surrounding areas.

ADVERTISING

Thanks

Sorry for the suspicious approach, but as this is your first post any chance you can give something about your background, and say why you are so interested in this information and what you intend to do with it. As you say "did you have" I assume you are from outside the city.

Thanks

So there's no club scene anymore? Could have fooled me, my girls roll in from the Pleasure rooms and Sunrise after 6am when it shuts.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Thanks

There were no packs of black clad predators roaming around during the 90s - well, not many that I remember - certainly not in my area anyway.
    Yes, we had bad lads - there was always a ring leader and some petty anti-social stuff, we would complain about a bit of rowdyness or a football being kicked outside your door - you'd get some back chat from them - but it pales into insignificance to what is happening now.

Thanks

I'm with Ste on this one in asking why you wish to know.

Your question has two presuppositions in it - that there is a high velocity of the drug gangs now (presumably in comparison with somewhere else in your mind?) and that violence seems to have been so prevalent in the last decade in Liverpool (again compared to where? London? Manchester? Brooklyn? Cheadle Hume? Gloucester?)

You appear to be pre-judging quite significantly if you are doing a genuine piece of research.

Perhaps if you give a bit of background and more neutral phrasing????

Shapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    So there's no club scene anymore? Could have fooled me, my girls roll in from the Pleasure rooms and Sunrise after 6am when it shuts.

And you have Funkybox, X and the city, Krazyhouse once a month also have those bars open until 4.

Club scene is very vibrant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast