Thread: Commodore Lithographs/Houghton and lappin - vauxhall area -

georgie t

Arrow Commodore Lithographs/Houghton and lappin - vauxhall area -

info on commodore lithographs is virtually non existent which is a shame tbh as id like to know the story behind not just commodore but houghton and lappin vacating the building and leaving pretty much everything behind.

evidence of squatters/smackheads are all over this place with various rooms littered with sleeping bags/clothing/foil...the usual stuff.

commodore (we think) closed its doors in 2007 and was a printers ,which done media and advertising ,flyers,album covers....etc, i think the things left lying around gave it away tbh.

houghton and lappin is a pharmacist and judging by the sign on the front of this place it seemed to be the head office for the company.

also creative cards seems to be housed somewhere inside aswell but we found no evidence of that company.

visited with xan asmondi

i believe these are headlining next yrs download festival Wayne County & The Electric Chairs (storm the gates of heaven) ....

incidently heres the said single turn up the volume and lets storm the gates of heaven!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkfU...eature=related

anyway......

large printing device

the door led to a secret room.......but its a secret

a few from houghton and lappin...there wasnt much in here tbh,one thing i did notice is when i was looking at this pic i noticed a smear in the middle,at first i thought it was dirt on the lens but a few days later i noticed something inside the lens slap bang in the middle i dont know what it is,almost like a rumb or bit of dirt ,anyway i gave the whole lens a clean and the same smear appears on other pics.....bit of a **** really as its a fixed lens camera and supposed to be sealed,and havent had it long. it also doesnt appear in all pics.

same smear

a few from the roof...it was raining hard so didnt take as many pics as i would have liked up here

if anyone fancies storming the gates of heaven give me a shout

How can anyone leave a building in that state and how can anyone leave such property behind?

The copy machines were probably on hire and nobody cares.

With the price of ink cartridges, there is a few bobs worth lying around there.

Sometimes not,Samp... some machines are are bought relativly cheap through bankrupt stock.

I must aggree though that one on the left is a full size copier and would do canvas printing,would need a good cleaning now though.

These are worth a few bob,should imagine you'd get at least £400? on em.

georgie t

Quote Originally Posted by Samp View Post
    How can anyone leave a building in that state and how can anyone leave such property behind?

With the price of ink cartridges, there is a few bobs worth lying around there.
    it baffles me it was like someone come in and told everyone to get out?? strange