Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings / Family Keohane in pre-war Liverpool

Hello Dot.

Hope all's well with you. In reply to your query below on her children being accounted for, this is somewhat sketchy at present. There have been comments about siblings moving to London and Surrey. One sibling apparently sought a life as a nun! At least my two aunties are talking about this during their weekly telephone calls so that's a bonus. I'll be intouch on your latest findings. Oh by the way, I've emailed Surrey Council County whilst providing them with my Gr-Grandmother's details in the hope of a confirmation. i await with anticipation.

Have a pleasant day! Gary

Quote Originally Posted by dot View Post
    Hi Gary,
    Jeremiah,s surname is minus the E on the end, address is 14, Rudman St Salford for a street search.
    There is a death for a Mary M Keohane but it is in Surrey in 1940 age 78yrs correct age for Maria but wrong christian name or transcribing error, are all her children accountable for Salford or did any move away.
    Dot

Hello Dot and many thanks for providing further information.

I presume the James Dennis Keohane (death 2004) is the one I'm currently seeking is it?

All siblings you've mentioned below have a connection with Lesley. Although I've contacted others, Lesley still hasn't responded. I see your point with people's unwillingness to openly display their trees. In Lesley's case, I'm keeping an open mind that she hasn't read her messages yet. One must remain patient I suppose.

Have a nice Sunday. Gary

PS - I've so far received nothing from Surrey County Council. I'll wait a little longer before making contact with them again. Gary.

Hi Gary,
    The death in Surrey will be your g/gran the only way to see the info would be to go to Surret where she died or pay £9-50 or thereabouts on line through the General Register Office GRO for a quick response and it will be posted to you it is a home office site don,t use others as they will be very pricy

I have found a death for a James Dennis Keohane for 2004 registered in Jan
    Mary I Keohane 1919 wed James H Glover 1940 Prescot
    children
    Maureen 1942 Prescot
    Colette 1950 "
    Anne 1954 "
    Sheila 1954 "
    Above names are listed on Genesreunited Lesley,s name is there along with more names so you have few more choices of contact, i will never understand why people pay to join and have their tree on site when in some cases are unwilling to release info, my answer to that is save the yearly payment and keep a file at home !
    There is another way of contacting people is through the 192 sevice it charges but i am unsure of the cost, some times a no shows up without paying but could be old no,s try G R 1st and see how you go.
    Dot

Hello Dot.

Further to the information you've recently provided, do you have any details about any more children born before Mary I. Keohane (i.e. mother being Annies Danks)?

Sincere regards, Gary

Hi Gary
    1901 census

Jeremiah Keohane b 1864 ( County Cork ) ireland foreman labourer corporation
    Maria M nee Young b 1863 Wrexham
    Margaret E 1881 Salford
    Mary 1890 Salford
    John James 1892 Salford
    Annie Win 1895 1885 Salford
    Catherin 1898 Salford
    34, Walmer St Salford
    3 more children after census
    Mary Francis 1903
    Denis 1904
    Augustine Noel 1906
    ? 1st Mary 1890 died name recycled again for 1903

Marriages

Jeremiah Keohane to Maria Margaret Young Dec 1884 Salford 8b 188
    Jeremiah " to Annie Danks Dec 1940 St Helens 8b 2007

Births to Annie and Jeremiah

Mary I Keohane 1919 Prescot mother Danks
    Norah 1922 Prescot " "
    James D 1929 Prescot " "

Death
    Jeremiah Keohane June 1941 Prescot 8b 1320 age 77yrs only married a few months before dying

Hope this helps
    Regards
    Dot

Hi Gary,
    I missed this one on the free BMD site, Jerry Keohane b 1917 Wirral
    Dot

Hello Dot.

I hope this message finds you fit and well. My sincere apologies to you for not writing any sooner. Sadly, my attempts on the genesreunited.co.uk website to obtain information is not functioning as I expected. In short, those whom I suspect may be distant relatives (namely grandchildren of my Gr-Grandad) aren't responding. Without wanting to sound awkward (on the contrary), what's the point in becoming members if people arent willing to share their trees / information? A small degree of frustration, springs to mind as I'm sure you can imagine. Anyway, I've written to genesreunited (as a last resort) in the hope they may have a solution to this storm in a teacup. Otherwise, I haven't forgotten about you (and your kindness) and I'll be in touch soon. Have a lovely weekend! Gary

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Hello again Dot, I acknowledge your message above about Jerry Keohane. Are you sure it's not Gerald Keohane instead?

Hi Gary,
    I am well thankyou, just had a quick look on the free BMD site and he is down as Jerry Keohane rather than Jeremiah, he appears to be their 1st child born March 1917 Wirral 8a 655 mothers surname Danks others born Prescot which you know of, re Genes reunited, i have had the odd refusal by silence alone, otherwise a good site, let me know how you get on with the reply from them but i would imagine that little can be done about it.
    Dot

Hello Dot and many thanks for your reply. The phrase "silence" is a good one to use and is such a shame as one tends to build his hopes up when a "find" has been confirmed and the research (and money spent) has been worth it. Whether he was called Jerry or Gerald, the individual who replied (albeit briefly and promising at the start) on me contacting him was (is) his son who was born in 1946. A key figure in my research as you can well imagine. He briefly wrote of Jeremiah in a notorious kind of way (or was that me interpreting was was written between the lines?). I get a feeling it was somewhat of a shock more than a surprise to discover his Grandad (and therefore my Gr-Grandad) had another life (and ten kids) before meeting his Grandmother - who knows? Nevertheless, I shall press on regardless in the hope that he / they will respond. Yes, I shall let you know if a breakthrough's been made. Enjoy what's left of Sunday and have a nice week. Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12