Thread: Anyone who lived in County rd , Walton .1968 to 1980

Default Anyone who lived in County rd , Walton .1968 to 1980

I am to trace a girl I knew from this area around this time , but the only thing I know is that she lived , in the flats as you went around the roundabout towards Walton Hospital , I think they where in Breeze lane , she lived with her father , her mother had passed away , she would have been sixteen or seventeen in 1968 , so she will be in her fiftys now , I know it,s a long shot finding her with the little I can tell you ,but I,ve got to try something , because to be honest , I would be telling lies , if I that , I thought of her all the time for the last 30 odd years , but for the last 10 days , she is all I have thought about , morning , noon and night , so if anyone who lived in the flats . or might know someone who did , or the might even know her from school , at the time , I would be really grateful if you could let me know , where she is now , or how she is .

Last edited by mick55; 07-13-2007 at 11:56 PM.

PhilipG

Welcome to the forum.

I wonder why, all of a sudden, we are getting these types of posts, and what has prompted them?

Do you know the name of the lady?
    (Even a first name might help).
    If not, I think it's going to take a miracle to find her.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 07-13-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I wonder why, all of a sudden, we are getting these types of posts, and what has prompted them?
    I was thinking that maybe its a Yo sideline.
    Yo worldwide dating
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Mick never look back, you might get a shock.
    Ernie.

Thanks for your advice ERNIE , sorry I never replied the other day ,but I was still living in hope , but looking at the amount of people that have looked at my thread , I don,nt think anybody on this site knows , so thanks again ERNIE , and thanks to everyone who as taken the time to look at my thread .

Aw that is lovely, but beware nothing ever stays the same. I used to go out with a guy from Glasgow, who I met whilst I lived in The Channel Isles in 73. We sort of kept in touch over the years, I married had children, divorced. Got back in touch, and every time I was on my own, my thoughts were of him, I was besotted, then about 5 years ago, I asked him if I could visit him . Yes he said, so I went to Glasgow to see him. I knew him straight away, long gone was his long dark hair, to be replaced with a mop of white/grey. But to me he was still gorgeous. Anyhow from the minute we met, I knew there was not going to be any romance, he had changed so much. I could tell he didnt like me, he was saying, Oh I am going to have a lie down, I always have to have a nap in the afternoons, and left me watching tv. He was a few years older than me, and did have some medical problems. He showed me around Glasgow, then when I had to go for my train home, I asked if he wanted to go and wait with me on the platform, he refused.As I walked towards the train, I looked back and he had already gone! That was the end of that, I was dissapointed and was heartbroken, but realised time had taken its toll. So sorry if this is a depressing tale, just dont expect things to be the same if you do meet her again, and I hope you do. If you are talking about the high rise flats by the flyover, they were knocked down and are now oap flats, I know the caretaker of these flats, if you had a first name, I could have asked him if he knew of anyone with that name, as he lived in the high rise too. Good luck with your search.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lindac8941 View Post
    Aw that is lovely, but beware nothing ever stays the same. I used to go out with a guy from Glasgow, who I met whilst I lived in The Channel Isles in 73. We sort of kept in touch over the years, I married had children, divorced. Got back in touch, and every time I was on my own, my thoughts were of him, I was besotted, then about 5 years ago, I asked him if I could visit him . Yes he said, so I went to Glasgow to see him. I knew him straight away, long gone was his long dark hair, to be replaced with a mop of white/grey. But to me he was still gorgeous. Anyhow from the minute we met, I knew there was not going to be any romance, he had changed so much. I could tell he didnt like me, he was saying, Oh I am going to have a lie down, I always have to have a nap in the afternoons, and left me watching tv. He was a few years older than me, and did have some medical problems. He showed me around Glasgow, then when I had to go for my train home, I asked if he wanted to go and wait with me on the platform, he refused.As I walked towards the train, I looked back and he had already gone! That was the end of that, I was dissapointed and was heartbroken, but realised time had taken its toll. So sorry if this is a depressing tale, just dont expect things to be the same if you do meet her again, and I hope you do. If you are talking about the high rise flats by the flyover, they were knocked down and are now oap flats, I know the caretaker of these flats, if you had a first name, I could have asked him if he knew of anyone with that name, as he lived in the high rise too. Good luck with your search.
    Hi Linda,
    It would probably have been different if you grew old together - with changes happening gradually. It's a bloody shock when you see all the changes at once!

I know Kev, and the first thing he said to me is, You really remind me of my sister, you have the same hair colour and style, so think that may have put him off, I suppose looks wise I had changed drastically over the 32 years. ha ha. He was a total bore. I am not boring, and like a good laugh, but think if he had of smiled he would have cracked his face.