Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool FC New Ground

Hicks and Gillett want to review the stradium design, but the council has warned any major changes will have to be agreed with planners.

New stadium plans go on display

Plans for Liverpool Football Club's new stadium and the regeneration of Stanley Park are to go on show.
    Residents are being asked for their views on the proposals for the park, which houses the Isla Gladstone Conservatory.

Liverpool FC's new owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks agreed to make funds available to build the new stadium as part of the purchasing deal.

The exhibition is at the Vernon Sangster Sports Centre.

The Stanley Park work is part of wider plans for New Anfield and Breckfield.

The £215m project is expected to bring new community facilities, jobs, homes and business to the area.

The exhibition will be open on 26 and 27 February.

Councillor Berni Turner said: "This will be a chance for residents and others to see what the Stanley Park of the 21st Century will look like.

"It involves major works in restoring the park to a standard which will make it one of the leading recreational spaces in the region."

The wider regeneration project will be one of the largest urban parks restoration schemes in the country.

It involves the repair and restoration of the park's structures including bridges, walls, pavilions and the park lodge.

The new 60,000-seater stadium includes a Community Partnership Centre, a replacement for the Vernon Sangster Sports Centre.

It is due to open at the start of the 2009/10 Premiership season.

Here's a good website for you reds,it has images to click on and information on the new stadium.Under stadium info it says the new ground can be extended in the future which is great news.

http://www.newanfield.co.uk/designs.html

Thats a great site and good to see at least things are happening with the ground tests today and Vernon Sangster to be demolished 16th March. Somehow I cant see them ever getting planning permission to expand unless there's some major transport improvements.

What's this I'm hearing that the new American owners want to cancel the planned stadium in favour of lookin' at an 80,000 seater?

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    What's this I'm hearing that the new American owners want to cancel the planned stadium in favour of lookin' at an 80,000 seater?
    Just found this on the Radio City website:

http://www.radiocity.co.uk/Article.a...port&id=368511

Blog Entries

80,000 sound good to me
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    80,000 sound good to me
    Would the transport infrastructure cope with the extra capacity?

Blog Entries

Just flatten a bit more of stanley park, that should do the trick, i'm kidding of course - good point, where would the extra parking go?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Just flatten a bit more of stanley park, that should do the trick, i'm kidding of course - good point, where would the extra parking go?
    Underground?

The BBC report is playing it down, saying a review is taking place including ways of increasing capacity is taking place but completion in 2009 is still the target. I really cant see how it can go to 80,000 without a total redesign and fresh new planning application and even then, would be amazed if the council agree to that capacity.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/6450893.stm

Liverpool get groundshare request

Liverpool's new owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have been asked by city council leaders to look again at sharing their new stadium with Everton.

Liverpool hope to increase capacity
    at their planned new stadium

The American tycoons want to make Liverpool's proposed new stadium bigger than the planned 60,000-capacity.

Liverpool have always ruled out sharing with Everton but council leader Warren Bradley wants them to reconsider.

He told the Liverpool Echo: "If they can consider an increase in size, why can't they consider a shared stadium?"

Liverpool have yet to confirm the decision to suspend preparatory work on the £215m project in Stanley Park, but have revealed a review will be undertaken.

And Bradley, a Blues season-ticket holder, feels Hicks and Gillette could be persuaded to allow Everton to share the new ground.

He added: "They have got their guys (Dallas firm HKS) looking at designs, infrastructure and everything.

"Are you telling me a commercial business in America doesn't sweat the asset? They sweat that asset until they can't get any more out of it.

Everton are considering moving to a new site outside Liverpool in Kirkby but Bradley also thinks redeveloping their current home Goodison Park should not be ruled out.

"I think in a few years' time they'll be playing in a new stadium and I think it will be in Liverpool," Bradley explained.

"I would be happy with a joint stadium, I've got to be honest, but my gut feeling is probably not.

"I don't see any reason why Goodison Park can't be redeveloped. You could quite easily fit an additional footprint and some commercial activity - a hotel, for example - into a new development."

Source: BBC SPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Liverpool get groundshare request

Liverpool's new owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have been asked by city council leaders to look again at sharing their new stadium with Everton.

Liverpool hope to increase capacity
    at their planned new stadium

The American tycoons want to make Liverpool's proposed new stadium bigger than the planned 60,000-capacity.

Liverpool have always ruled out sharing with Everton but council leader Warren Bradley wants them to reconsider.

He told the Liverpool Echo: "If they can consider an increase in size, why can't they consider a shared stadium?"

Liverpool have yet to confirm the decision to suspend preparatory work on the £215m project in Stanley Park, but have revealed a review will be undertaken.

And Bradley, a Blues season-ticket holder, feels Hicks and Gillette could be persuaded to allow Everton to share the new ground.

He added: "They have got their guys (Dallas firm HKS) looking at designs, infrastructure and everything.

"Are you telling me a commercial business in America doesn't sweat the asset? They sweat that asset until they can't get any more out of it.

Everton are considering moving to a new site outside Liverpool in Kirkby but Bradley also thinks redeveloping their current home Goodison Park should not be ruled out.

"I think in a few years' time they'll be playing in a new stadium and I think it will be in Liverpool," Bradley explained.

"I would be happy with a joint stadium, I've got to be honest, but my gut feeling is probably not.

"I don't see any reason why Goodison Park can't be redeveloped. You could quite easily fit an additional footprint and some commercial activity - a hotel, for example - into a new development."

Source: BBC SPORT

Just how many times do the Blues need to be told to get the message -LIVERPOOL ARENT INTERESTED IN A GROUND SHARE.

Blog Entries

Maybe they are now, who knows? Seems a coincidence Liverpool's has been deleyed, then they get another share request.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

In my opinion a ground share will not work. End of.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast