YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool FC New Ground

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Liverpool FC New Ground

New Anfield is back on track after 10m grant

A MAJOR breakthrough in Liverpool FC's plans for a new stadium is revealed today.

Government officials have privately agreed to pump around 10m into the regeneration of the area around the club's planned 150m ground at Stanley Park, the ECHO has learned.

It means the Reds' stadium project is still on track after months of uncertainty.

A spokeswoman for the Northwest Development Agency, which holds the purse strings, today said no formal decision had been made.

The news of the cash boost comes a day after the ECHO revealed that property giant Peel Holdings has offered to build Everton FC a new stadium at Switch Island. more

ADVERTISING

YO! Liverpool has taken me 10 years to develop and maintain.
    If you like the website, please
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Thanks

Will they do more than Football with it and hold massive events? They should do and should of with old anfield!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Thanks

Question hmmmmm

can we actually afford to build it and at the same time carry on putting money into the team like we have been? the longer it's left the more it costs to build it. thats what worries me. it's probably the only chance I've got of coming off the waiting list for a season ticket and actually gettin one if they build it, but will it come at a price? at the price of success on the pitch? we seem to be struggling to prove we actually do have the money

Thanks

Its all a bit of a gamble.

I think the transfer budget has already been spent - hence the freebie for Fowler. Think if Benetiz had some cash lying about, he would have been in for Defoe.

Whether that transfer budget is empty due to money being put aside for the ground or not, I don't know?!

But with Uniteds stadium holding near-on 60k, and no doubt plans to increase, Arsenal moving this season, and Chelsea looking at other developments, I guess we need to move in order to compete and generate the money through the turnstyles.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScouseCol
    can we actually afford to build it and at the same time carry on putting money into the team like we have been? the longer it's left the more it costs to build it. thats what worries me. it's probably the only chance I've got of coming off the waiting list for a season ticket and actually gettin one if they build it, but will it come at a price? at the price of success on the pitch? we seem to be struggling to prove we actually do have the money

It could have other investors to keep it going and hold other events other than football like Wembley does like having music concerts.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    It could have other investors to keep it going and hold other events other than football like Wembley does like having music concerts.
    i think thats the only way it would happen. I still don't think stanley park is the ideal site for it for a lot of obvious reasons thou. tradition is all well and good but you've also got to look at practicality too. I wouldn't say stanley park is the most practical site to build a new 55 to 65k football stadium.

as for us buying fowler jock m8, the transfer budget hasn't been spent. we do have money to spend right now, it's the in future i mean. getting fowler on a free was nothin to do with being on a budget. it was just the right move for both the club and fowler at the time. simple as.
    Last edited by ScouseCol; 02-15-2006 at 07:07 PM.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast