Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ar ay lar

How do Ronnie.

Nope its a social housing bungalow? and its intended for 1to2 people in the 50+ bracket.
    1 bedroomed house is basically like a bungalow but with the bedrrom and bathroom upstairs and the larger living area and kitchen downstairs.

I have named the developers Bungalow Bill...why?....because there's sod all upstairs.

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar

Hey there GP. Sounds a bit too snug to me I grew up in a little two bed-roomed house. One bedroom is just plain wrong!
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Absolutely bloody awful that the developers are allowed to get away with cramming people into sardine tins.

And it looks like its also happening in the Anfield clearence site as well,passed their yesterday and I'm not kidding one o the buildings side looked as though it was no more than 10ft wide? and its not a garage its looks like flats.

My mate has a bungalow and the back garden is 2ft wider that the bungalow and 14ft longer than the bedroom,bathroom and kitchen combined...for heavens sake.
    Unless this is a council house, what is the problem? Most people buy into accomodation they can afford. If a developer, over here, builds a certain number of houses, he has to build one (or more, depending...) small enough to satisfy as low cost housing. The buyer must occupy the property for a number of years before selling it. This to prevent greedy property flippers.

One bedroom is just plain wrong!
    It sure is,but no one cares a fig what the developers erect as they can't be ar**d voicing their opinions.

A developer will try and get as many houses as possible on a four acre plot so as to maximize their profits ie sod joe bloggs I don't give a stuff so long as I get a good profit to extend my mansion in the country.

A developer will try and get as many houses as possible on a four acre plot so as to maximize their profits ie sod joe bloggs I don't give a stuff so long as I get a good profit to extend my mansion in the country.
    Doesn't Liverpool have Planning and Zoning codes that specify the density and requirements of all new housing?

Surely it's not entirely up to the developer.

The "granny flats" Ronni mentioned were popular in Los Angeles where I used to live, but as neighborhoods got older they often turned into housing for multiple illegal immigrant families... These flats were often converted garages.

Doesn't Liverpool have Planning and Zoning codes that specify the density and requirements of all new housing?
    It does but thats not worth the legislation paper it was written on.

They gather a meeting of Joe public to show them the layout and sometimes a model of the area...looks great as a model but in reality the model cannot show the true size of the build and plot....when it gets the go ahaead alterations are put in place and this is where they sneek another couple of dwellings into the build which in turn condenses the original plot size.

What is it they say in the UK...."there's an housing shortage",usually its because they're boarded up or they are demolishing perfectly good houses just for the sake of remodelling an area.

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by az_gila View Post

Surely it's not entirely up to the developer.

The "granny flats" Ronni mentioned were popular in Los Angeles where I used to live, but as neighborhoods got older they often turned into housing for multiple illegal immigrant families... These flats were often converted garages.
    That is disgraceful!! They still have them in NY suburbs, Philly suburbs and New Jersey (like anyone cares about NJ, don't know why I mentioned them!) for sure. My friend in Philly has one so spacious her daughter and son-in-law have been in there two or three years whilst renovating the house they bought. Living room was bigger than mine but then mine is tiny!

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

It does but thats not worth the legislation paper it was written on.

They gather a meeting of Joe public to show them the layout and sometimes a model of the area...looks great as a model but in reality the model cannot show the true size of the build and plot....when it gets the go ahaead alterations are put in place and this is where they sneek another couple of dwellings into the build which in turn condenses the original plot size.

What is it they say in the UK...."there's an housing shortage",usually its because they're boarded up or they are demolishing perfectly good houses just for the sake of remodelling an area.
    Yes, those lovely old houses in Admiral Street and the Welsh houses should have stayed. I had a massive flat on Devonshire Road, right by Princes Park gates. Marvelous old house, I reconsidered coming to the States when my aunties found that for me and I left home.

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12