YO! Liverpool
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Ar ay lar

  1. #1
    Senior Member GeorgePorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Ar ay lar

    the housing is getting really stupid and absolutely atrocious in the housing associations wanting to put one or two people in this shoe box,it was originally part of the house next to it and has been seperated and made into a bungallow if you can call it that? talk about claustrofobia.


    ADVERTISING




    claustrofobia....my thats a big word for me at this time of night.

  2. #2
    Senior Member wsteve55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Crosby
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Is this in Knotty Ash?

  3. #3
    Senior Member GeorgePorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    No,Scotland road...if you hav'nt noticed its in forum city center....silly old duffer.

    Oh,sorry...see what you mean diddy men.

  4. #4
    Senior Member wsteve55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Crosby
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Behave George.....your making me feel claustrophobic!

  5. #5
    Senior Member az_gila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    603
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Looks like they just forgot to build the back half of it...

  6. #6
    Mark JMLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    George, they actually build them that big from scratch. We had a thread on the Derwent Road Girls remand home a while ago, well, this is Lime Close that was built on the land.

    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...43.17,,0,-1.81

  7. #7
    Senior Member GeorgePorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Absolutely bloody awful that the developers are allowed to get away with cramming people into sardine tins.

    And it looks like its also happening in the Anfield clearence site as well,passed their yesterday and I'm not kidding one o the buildings side looked as though it was no more than 10ft wide? and its not a garage its looks like flats.

    My mate has a bungalow and the back garden is 2ft wider that the bungalow and 14ft longer than the bedroom,bathroom and kitchen combined...for heavens sake.

  8. #8
    Senior Member lindylou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,678
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    A caravan with separate bedroom(s) would be more roomy than that !

  9. #9
    Senior Member GeorgePorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The thing that is laughable,Lindy is the terrible sidewalk paving,this was new housing and that pavement is realy terrible and no need to have it that wide.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sydernee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney,sunshine capital of the world ex Norris Green-ex Croxteth
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    None of the houses ??? in that picture look big enough to accomodate more than 2 people.
    I wouldn't want to live in a cramped hole like that.

    Pud

  11. #11
    Senior Member GeorgePorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The two next to the alledged bungalow is a one bedroomed houses,the one next to them is a two bedroomed house.

    I think these developers are on some sort of trip when they get to the drawing board?

    Want shooting some of em...bet they wouldn't put there own kin folk in em.

    This road was terraced houses once ie Silvester st off Scottie road.

  12. #12
    Mark JMLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    On the plus side - you could heat the place with a tea candle and save loads of money.


  13. #13
    Senior Member lindylou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,678
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default


  14. #14
    Senior Member wsteve55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Crosby
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMLE View Post
    On the plus side - you could heat the place with a tea candle and save loads of money.

    But you would have to be careful what you eat,could be dangerous!

  15. #15
    Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    541
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Looks like the people have just added a room to their house. Here many houses have a section they call 'mother in law' or 'parent' apartment, it is usually a living room plus small bedroom, kitchen and bathroom you can enter from the outside of from the main house. They were meant for a parent who needed to move in after their spouse died or parents were old and needed not to be alone. Friend of mine in Philly has one, four bed roomed house and the good sized 'parent apartment' which in fact is about the size of my apartment!!! Her daughter and her husband are living there until their house is renovated. Maybe that is what this is!! An add on for a family member to sleep in.

    ---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    The two next to the alledged bungalow is a one bedroomed houses,the one next to them is a two bedroomed house.

    I think these developers are on some sort of trip when they get to the drawing board?

    Want shooting some of em...bet they wouldn't put there own kin folk in em.

    This road was terraced houses once ie Silvester st off Scottie road.
    A one bedroomed house!!! Never heard of that. Odd
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

  16. #16
    Senior Member GeorgePorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    How do Ronnie.

    Nope its a social housing bungalow? and its intended for 1to2 people in the 50+ bracket.
    1 bedroomed house is basically like a bungalow but with the bedrrom and bathroom upstairs and the larger living area and kitchen downstairs.

    I have named the developers Bungalow Bill...why?....because there's sod all upstairs.

  17. #17
    Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    541
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hey there GP. Sounds a bit too snug to me I grew up in a little two bed-roomed house. One bedroom is just plain wrong!
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Samsette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Absolutely bloody awful that the developers are allowed to get away with cramming people into sardine tins.

    And it looks like its also happening in the Anfield clearence site as well,passed their yesterday and I'm not kidding one o the buildings side looked as though it was no more than 10ft wide? and its not a garage its looks like flats.

    My mate has a bungalow and the back garden is 2ft wider that the bungalow and 14ft longer than the bedroom,bathroom and kitchen combined...for heavens sake.
    Unless this is a council house, what is the problem? Most people buy into accomodation they can afford. If a developer, over here, builds a certain number of houses, he has to build one (or more, depending...) small enough to satisfy as low cost housing. The buyer must occupy the property for a number of years before selling it. This to prevent greedy property flippers.

  19. #19
    Senior Member GeorgePorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    One bedroom is just plain wrong!
    It sure is,but no one cares a fig what the developers erect as they can't be ar**d voicing their opinions.

    A developer will try and get as many houses as possible on a four acre plot so as to maximize their profits ie sod joe bloggs I don't give a stuff so long as I get a good profit to extend my mansion in the country.

  20. #20
    Senior Member az_gila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    603
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    ...
    A developer will try and get as many houses as possible on a four acre plot so as to maximize their profits ie sod joe bloggs I don't give a stuff so long as I get a good profit to extend my mansion in the country.
    Doesn't Liverpool have Planning and Zoning codes that specify the density and requirements of all new housing?

    Surely it's not entirely up to the developer.

    The "granny flats" Ronni mentioned were popular in Los Angeles where I used to live, but as neighborhoods got older they often turned into housing for multiple illegal immigrant families... These flats were often converted garages.

  21. #21
    Senior Member GeorgePorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Doesn't Liverpool have Planning and Zoning codes that specify the density and requirements of all new housing?
    It does but thats not worth the legislation paper it was written on.

    They gather a meeting of Joe public to show them the layout and sometimes a model of the area...looks great as a model but in reality the model cannot show the true size of the build and plot....when it gets the go ahaead alterations are put in place and this is where they sneek another couple of dwellings into the build which in turn condenses the original plot size.

    What is it they say in the UK...."there's an housing shortage",usually its because they're boarded up or they are demolishing perfectly good houses just for the sake of remodelling an area.

  22. #22
    Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    541
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by az_gila View Post
    Doesn't Liverpool have Planning and Zoning codes that specify the density and requirements of all new housing?

    Surely it's not entirely up to the developer.

    The "granny flats" Ronni mentioned were popular in Los Angeles where I used to live, but as neighborhoods got older they often turned into housing for multiple illegal immigrant families... These flats were often converted garages.
    That is disgraceful!! They still have them in NY suburbs, Philly suburbs and New Jersey (like anyone cares about NJ, don't know why I mentioned them!) for sure. My friend in Philly has one so spacious her daughter and son-in-law have been in there two or three years whilst renovating the house they bought. Living room was bigger than mine but then mine is tiny!

    ---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    It does but thats not worth the legislation paper it was written on.

    They gather a meeting of Joe public to show them the layout and sometimes a model of the area...looks great as a model but in reality the model cannot show the true size of the build and plot....when it gets the go ahaead alterations are put in place and this is where they sneek another couple of dwellings into the build which in turn condenses the original plot size.

    What is it they say in the UK...."there's an housing shortage",usually its because they're boarded up or they are demolishing perfectly good houses just for the sake of remodelling an area.
    Yes, those lovely old houses in Admiral Street and the Welsh houses should have stayed. I had a massive flat on Devonshire Road, right by Princes Park gates. Marvelous old house, I reconsidered coming to the States when my aunties found that for me and I left home.
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

For daily updates, to support us further or to join in the conversation: Follow us on Twitter @YOLiverpool / Like our Facebook Page: @yoliverpoolpics / Join the Facebook Group: YO! Liverpool Pictures

× Thanks for coming to the web site. Support our future by turning off your Ad-Blocker or consider a donation via PayPal or Credit Card!