Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community Police Officers (CPO)

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    Why would other people go to the rescue when we have hobby bobby's standing there.Isn't it there duty to keep the public safe ?

I would of dived in if I had been there.
    .....and not done a lot of good really! Have you ever tried looking for anyone underwater? and in the meantime,they drown!!!This has happened many times,and has led to the present caution against throwing yourself into a situation, where you might easily add to the death count!Does anyone remember the p/c's in Blackpool ,some years ago,who drowned in rough seas,on the prom' trying to save a dog,and it's owner?

John(Zappa)

Default Matrix

Just a little off the subject here but...
    The other day my nephew who works all week was driving his car home from work with a friend.
    Halfway home down the east lancs the Matrix team pulled him over.However it just wasn't a stop.It was guns out,get on the ground etc etc.Treated like a pair of thugs.The car was stripped searched (they took everything out) and the lads where searched in every possible place of their body in the street.
    Luckily enough a film crew happened to be near and filmed the whole thing.
    Yesterday my nephew gave an interview to channel 4 on "why the Matrix are bullies".
    I myself have been pulled by these Matrix and yes they are complete bullies.No wonder the kids have very little respect for them if that's the way they treat "joe public".
    So watch for channel 4 news thursday and see our local bobbies doing what they do best!!!!

Thanks for the MATRIX info will set the timer and record it....

Matrix dont carry guns. ARV's do. To stop a vehicle or people at full response i.e. like the yanks do every day to everyone, needs spot on grounds.
    Was his mate or his car known to police?
    ACAB?

John(Zappa)

I don't think the car or either of them are well known to the plod.
    It was this "high profile" thing they decided to do,pull youths in.
    Some of it was aired on ch4 news last thursday.There's supposed to be more interview stuff with some kids and my nephew.Maybe this thursday we'll see it.
    Regarding ACAB..
    Not really.Am sre there are 1 or 2 who live in "the real world".

Blog Entries

A MOVE to give community support officers the same uniforms as ordinary police officers has been condemned by Merseyside Police Federation. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

waste of space and money, sorry
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

batjonesy

Default PCSOs

Last edited by batjonesy; 11-28-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by batjonesy View Post
    When's the last time you saw a copper walking about a neighbourhood?

I've seen proper policemen come round ours on horseback, bizarre. The trouble nowadays with police patrolling is that if they have to make an arrest, the rest of their shift is done in with paperwork so in that respect CSOs are a useful idea as they can provide a permanent presence/deterrent. Thing is, the yobs know their powers are limited and take the piss none stop. If the police officers procedures could be simplified then their time would be freed up to provide a real deterrent on the streets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by batjonesy View Post
    If there wasn't a PCSO walking around my neighbourhood there wouldn't be a copper in his/her place.
    But thats all they do, with little smiles on their faces, getting paid 16k do do so. Most of them arnt from the communities they patrol and really have no right to go into those communities handing out easy to enforce fines on easy targets, further alienating themseleves in the process, like traffic wardens.

When all we want is more coppers taking a no tollerance approach to anti social behaviour and solving crimes etc.......
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    Joking aside, you see them all over the place and they seem to have replaced the regular beat bobbies who now cruise round in patrol cars. Thats all very well if they can be effective, but they have no power of arrest and once the local local scallies get wind of that their lives must be hell.

They don't have Powers of Arrest but they do have the Power to detain people upto 30mins untill a patrol Arrives .

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBrown View Post
    Ah! times change. In bygone days the local beat copper was also the community copper. (See an article in Scottie Press, St Josephs Parish). No armour - just a baton and whistle. Baton never used - or hardly ever. They knew their local people (scallies or otherwise - and the otherwise meant the really great people of the Pool - mostly the poor). Local coppers all had nicknames. When a copper was in trouble - many locals would phone for help from the nearest red telephone box, and even sometimes pitch in. Coppers walked the beat "as laid down" - going through a strict routine to be where they were supposed to be at any given time. This was for their saftey: no radio and quick call for 'back-up'. Only at night could you hear the THREE WHISTLE BLASTS from a copper in trouble. Community Policing -not a new idea. I'm surpised to hear of their limited powers. The old Special Constable had, at least a power of arrest. Although it was often a pain in the neck. No intent to disparage the contribution of the Specials in the Pool.

Specials only have the powe of citizeens arrest!

CSOs on Merseyside have now been given the power to disperse youths and seize motor vehicles.

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/html...cso-powers.htm

Blog Entries

Yet they'll still plod along in twos in some weird alternative universe, head in the clouds etc.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    CSOs on Merseyside have now been given the power to disperse youths and seize motor vehicles.

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/html...cso-powers.htm

Does anyone know what the 2 discretionary powers are. On their website they say there are 20 standard powers and a number of discretionary powers, 2 of which have been awarded in Merseyside.

One of them is probably the "Power to disperse groups and remove persons under 16 to their place of residence" but what is the other one?

I don't think its the "seize motor vehicles" one as that is in the standard 20.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast