Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Police Officers (CPO)

chippie

Default parents eh!

I can,t point the finger at the chocolate bobbys. They are there to do a job no matter what it is or how menial it is. It just so happened that they were at the scene, isn,t it tough that they couldn,t swim. What if there was nobody about, the kid would have died anyway. It,s just one of those sad things in life.

Parents should not put the blame on anybody but themselves for not teaching them how dangerous it was to go swimming unsupervised. Putting the blame on anbody that was there is just futile, and blaming someone in authority is in my book try to claim compensation.

Blog Entries

There must be thousands of these CPOs on around 16k a year. Why didn't the Gov just emply half the amount of bizzies, thats assuming the pollice earn around 30k?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    There must be thousands of these CPOs on around 16k a year. Why didn't the Gov just emply half the amount of bizzies, thats assuming the pollice earn around 30k?
    Sort of defeats the object. The idea of PCSO,s is to free up time
    to allow real police officers to do what they are paid for, ie, solve
    crimes and not have to worry about trivial matters like dropping litter
    having said that every bobby has to reach an target every month, so
    even the easy trivial stuff adds to his quota

Default NOT TRAINED FOR THE JOB

An analogy >>>>

Man see's Fire, people trapped, next to him a fire extinguisher, the man dont make a move to help, WHY ?? cos he aint been trained how to use the appliance. People burn, people die.

Another analogy >>>>
    Road accident, head through windscreen, jugular severed, no move by Mr Joe Public, Why not ? Cos he aint been trained in FA, person dies.

Come on Mr Chief of Police, stop making soft stupid excuses and join us in the real world.

In both cases above Mr Joe Public would have made an attempt to save a life. Its an instinct not a thought.

Even the man who gave you CSO's , Mr David Blunket, says they were wrong to do nothing. See this link >>>>>

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?...mentid=6202088

I think I have said enough.

Phredd
    In the days when we had nothing we had fun.
    If tomorrow starts without me, remember I was here.

Quote Originally Posted by phredd View Post
    An analogy >>>>

Man see's Fire, people trapped, next to him a fire extinguisher, the man dont make a move to help, WHY ?? cos he aint been trained how to use the appliance. People burn, people die.

Another analogy >>>>
    Road accident, head through windscreen, jugular severed, no move by Mr Joe Public, Why not ? Cos he aint been trained in FA, person dies.

Come on Mr Chief of Police, stop making soft stupid excuses and join us in the real world.

In both cases above Mr Joe Public would have made an attempt to save a life. Its an instinct not a thought.

Even the man who gave you CSO's , Mr David Blunket, says they were wrong to do nothing. See this link >>>>>

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?...mentid=6202088

I think I have said enough.

Phredd
    Well Phredd,
    must admit my initial feelings were much the same, P/C gone mad,etc, but it was made apparent,though not emphasised,in the news reports, that the lad had already gone under by the time the CSO'S arrived,and faced with quite a large expanse of water, were basically in a situation were they were at a loss what to do for the best,and sought help from a more experienced source! But, the media decided to make it appear that the 2 CSO,s had stood and watched,as the incident occured!!!!! I can only despair of the media, and wonder how the 2 CSO's must be feeling right now,with thier new found infamy!!!!
    Steve.

i feel the CPO,S did the right thing not going to the rescue of that ten year old,where was the lads parents?why were they left to play near a vast pond on their own?its no use blaming other people for their own lack of parental care.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
    i feel the CPO,S did the right thing not going to the rescue of that ten year old,where was the lads parents?why were they left to play near a vast pond on their own?its no use blaming other people for their own lack of parental care.
    And how old were you before you could go out and play without your parents?
    Am sure at 10 years old you were like most kids...OUT PLAYING!

i played in the street,right by my house because i had responsible parents. i was never allowed to play near water,a railway line, or hang around shops or street corners to intimidate people. parental control is always lacking in situations like this.yes i have three children and YES when the two eldest lived at home i knew were they were 24/7 as i do with my 13 year old now.i take full reponsibility for my children, they never came to any harm with the care i have given them.

I personally would have been in there like a shot and I have not been 'trained' in water rescue. These CPO's were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and are not 'fit for purpose'.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by A.D.W View Post
    I personally would have been in there like a shot and I have not been 'trained' in water rescue. These CPO's were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and are not 'fit for purpose'.

You are missing the point, he was allready under water, somewere
    what about the other people around ?.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    You are missing the point, he was allready under water, somewere
    what about the other people around ?.
    Why would other people go to the rescue when we have hobby bobby's standing there.Isn't it there duty to keep the public safe ?

I would of dived in if I had been there.

what if they had jumped in and drowned themselves they could have left a couple of kids without a dad just because the parents couldnt be bothered to take care of their OWN kids, they should stop putting the blame on other people and take responsibility for their own lack of parental skills

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    Why would other people go to the rescue when we have hobby bobby's standing there.Isn't it there duty to keep the public safe ?

I would of dived in if I had been there.
    You answered your own question. There were 2 fishermen who told
    the PCSO,s were the lad was last seen, why did they just stand there ?
    As I have said the lad was not visible, he could be anywere and as has been
    what if they drowned ?, be a different story then wouldn't it ?.
    Hero PCSO,s dive in to save boy, unfortunately both drowned leaving
    wives and children. The emergency services are told NOT to endager
    their own lifes, I agree most do and well done to them

John(Zappa)

So then my opinion is this...
    No need for hobby bobby's.They do bugger all round here except give the kids something to skit.
    They should all go back to being security guards at the local shops.

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    So then my opinion is this...
    No need for hobby bobby's.They do bugger all round here except give the kids something to skit.
    They should all go back to being security guards at the local shops.
    I know what you are saying, and to a point I agree. The idea I think
    is 2 fold, 1 to provide some sort of visual detterent, 2 to try and free
    up the real police from dealing with farcical things like dropping litter
    etc, however, I have said before the real bobies have a monthly quota
    to reach, so minor things all help meet it. Anyway my personal view is
    the 2 PCSO,s acted rightly, if Fire and Rescue were called, a fireman would not be allowed to just jump in without a safety line, so why should
    the PCSO,s ?. END OF from me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast