Thread: hillsborough

Default hillsborough

Thinking today about the 96. Never forgotten.

May Justice come one day.

Today I am a Liverpool Fan.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Blog Entries

Well said that man - we stand alongside our red brothers in remembrance. I'll never forget how long that day was, waiting to hear that my two brothers were safe.

That's lovely Spike. I'm off to the service later - I always find it so emotional seeing the families coming in - you can feel their grief.

I remember the day so well and clearly and can't even think about waiting for my brothers to get back without feeling the fear I had. I was waiting at Lime Street for them along with other family members (and loads of others), when the Everton Train came in. They were singing away - until they saw us lot - and they realised then that something really, really bad had happened - most stayed and waited to see if their Mates were on the Liverpool train. That's one of the positive memories I have of the day.

YNWA.

Blog Entries

Thinking of the families of the 96 football fans who went to hillsborough to watch a game and never came home. TIME FOR THE TRUTH. YNWA.
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Thinking today about the 96. Never forgotten.

May Justice come one day.

Today I am a Liverpool Fan.
    Hopefully, we'll be a little nearer to that point when the Inquiry Panel produce their report later in the year.

The families hope that this will be the last time that this day passes without our knowing the full facts.

While we think about this tragic event, perhaps we should also recall the additional damage done by the misreporting of it in the media, and particularly in one tabloid newspaper.

Stephen Smith sings Liar, Liar! HERE:

I went to the service today, as I do every year. The Kop was full - whicih was great to see, as in previous years it's generally only half full (the 20th anniversary excepted). This is generally because people can't get time off work, but with Liverpool schools being off, more people were able to attend today.

The service was very emotional, as it always is. Jimmy McGovern had written a poem dedicated to the families, and read this out. He got a standing ovation. (I love Jimmy McGovern's work, Cracker, The Street and of course Hillsborough.) Steve Rotherham gave a speech, again excellent. The families just want justice and hope this comes before the 23rd anniversary. In fact it's not just the families who want the truth and justice, it's the whole of Liverpool. Let's all hope that the Hillsborough Panel have been given ALL the documentation, because I for one am suspicious that they may not have received everything.

thinking of the 96 as usual...YNWA

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The Hillsborough Rose Garden of Rememerance at Sudley House with it`s sundial, paid for by the peaple of Aigburth and Mossley Hill.

Excuse the quality of the last pic, I was shooting into the sun and Ihad to get rid of a reflection of me on the sundial
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Liverpool Photographer Gerard Fleming's Avatar

Anfield Hillsborough Memorial...

Liverpool Days... << my website of Liverpool images

A week late, but I only just saw this Youtube - Rafa !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fRArl89mdU

ahh, I love Benitez. Why couldn't he have stayed

It made me watery eyed watching this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hillsborough stadium memorial.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	22336
    A memorial unveiled by Sheffield Wednesday FC in 1999, significantly it is well away from the Leppings Lane end by the main stand, off club premises and contains no reference to the fact the supporters died at Hillsborough.

Name:	Hillsborough memorial leppings lane.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	739.3 KB 
ID:	22337
    A much smaller memorial unveiled many years before the one by SWFC, situated near the Leppings Lane tram stop, it was paid for by local shopkeepers.

Name:	Crosby Library memorial.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	22338
    The memorial at Crosby library, containing the names of those from Sefton who died

Name:	hillsborough Memorial LSC club.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	22339
    The memorial inside the Liverpool Supporters Club on Lower Breck Road

Name:	memorial.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	22340
    Anfield Memorial

Somewhere I have a pic of the memorial mosaic on the steps to the LFC museum but cant find it anywhere.

Today's news is that the Information Commissioner has ordered the Government to release secret exchanges between Mrs Thatcher and Home Secretary Douglas Hurd about Hillsborough. Campaigners believe that they contain Mrs T's attempts to cover up the failings of the police. Normally, such information would remain secret for 30 years, but the Commissioner is responding to a request under the Freedom of Information Act that this is a matter of public interest. I suspect that Downing Street may try and wriggle out of this one... I mean where will it all end? A dangerous precedent, methinks...

Sorry, BH - Just seen you've already pointed us in the direction of this info from yesterday's news... But I'll leave mine now, as people (myself included) don't always bother to click on those links!