Thread: help needed from anyone in Seaforth who may know of this ladys family ?

Default help needed from anyone in Seaforth who may know of this ladys family ?

I have been trying to find information about a nurse Amy Phipps nee Snowden for the war years. She was a charge nurse at the Cheltenham Union Infirmary in 1911, married and moved to the USA in 1912. She returned to Seaforth, her home, in 1913 with her 1 yr old daughter as her husband had been recalled to the Army. She mentioned that she had been a superintendent of nurses during the war, but I have not been able to locate where. After the war they returned to USA. In 1918 she became a member of the Royal College of Nurses. Any help appreciated Her father Henry had a dairy on Gladstone road from 1882-1905 then his widow moved to Sandy Road and opened a fish and chips shop that was around until the mid 1930s. She had a brother Joseph, sisters Eda Dorothy (Dora) and Lena. I would appreciate any information available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would it be possible please for a moderator to move this to the relevant District Area which includes Seaforth....thank you very much
    allan