Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 08 terrorist threat?

Quote Originally Posted by A. D. Williams View Post
    Maybe they were, but they have a 'good excuse' so long as we remain in Iraq and Afghanistan, Max.

What was their 'good excuse' beforehand then or did they just have a 'bad excuse'

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Yeah, what was the excuse for 9/11 then ADW?

I think it's shocking to hear British citizens excusing the actions of these people. In effect, you're making their aim of unsettling the British population a **** sight easier.

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    Yeah, what was the excuse for 9/11 then ADW?
    Maybe Palestine was their excuse.

I think it's shocking to hear British citizens excusing the actions of these people. In effect, you're making their aim of unsettling the British population a **** sight easier.
    I am not excusing their actions at all. Just putting a point of view across.
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

What would be the point In merely just bombing us back just because our army did something wrong In somewhere like Palestine?

Apparently two doctors are held as suspects!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6261076.stm
    Last edited by Max; 07-02-2007 at 07:58 PM.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    What would be the point In merely just bombing us back just because our army did something wrong In somewhere like Palestine?
    If I were an Iraqi, as I am an Englishman, while a foreign troop was landed in my country, I never would lay down my arms-never-never-never.

The above are a play on words from my old mucker William Pitt.
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

That would only apply If we were defending our country from Invading armies not doing a counter attack.

Were talking about terrorist attacks and why they do It.

The above are a play on words from my old mucker William Pitt.
    ???
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    That would only apply If we were defending our country from Invading armies not doing a counter attack.
    I doubt that in a milion years Saddam would have ever invaded this country. Therefore I fail to see why we invaded Iraq and why we are still there many years later.
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

I couldn't see Saddam Invading us either but thats not really much of a reply towards terrorists excuses and motives to bomb the west.

I was for getting him out of power though. Depends on whether they were Sunni's and Shiites on wether they wanted Saddam out of power too.

Don't you see a reason for getting rid of dictators though?
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

PhilipG

[QUOTE=Max;66712]I couldn't see Saddam Invading us either but thats not really much of a reply towards terrorists excuses and motives to bomb the west.

I was for getting him out of power though. Depends on whether they were Sunni's and Shiites on wether they wanted Saddam out of power too.

Don't you see a reason for getting rid of dictators though?[/QUOTE]

Dictators are leaders who do just what they want, without listening to anybody else.

Rather like Tony Blair and George Bush.

Bush and Blair don't murder their own people though when someone opposes their ways.

Just because they do things that people disagree with doesn't mean they dont listen to their advisor's and party.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by A. D. Williams View Post
    I doubt that in a milion years Saddam would have ever invaded this country. Therefore I fail to see why we invaded Iraq and why we are still there many years later.
    Unfortunately it's not that simple. He was a threat to Western democracy, WMDs or not. Look at what's happening now - North Korea, Iran, Pakistan - lots of Middle Eastern countries want nuclear arms. I reckon if old Saddam was around he'd be dipping his fingers in the pies. He was a liability who tortured and murdered his own with reckless abandoned, starving his nation just like Mugabe. He had to go, and I'm glad he has. I hope that if the UK ever becomes like Saddam-regime Iraq with a sh1t-head dictator*, a load of gung-ho Yanks come and kick him out for us.

WMDs, or no WMDs.

EDIT: *And by the way, if you use this to make a stupid, boring, predictable cheap shot at Blair or Bush and call them sh1t-head dictators, worse than Saddam, then you really are caught up in the 'illegal war' hysteria.
    Last edited by snappel; 07-02-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. He was a threat to Western democracy, WMDs or not.
    A threat to Western democracy? Oh aye! Saddam had plans to invade Britain and kill thousands of British people. Whoops! That's what we did to Iraq.

Look at what's happening now - North Korea, Iran, Pakistan - lots of Middle Eastern countries want nuclear arms.
    I see you didn't mention Israel there.

I reckon if old Saddam was around he'd be dipping his fingers in the pies. He was a liability who tortured and murdered his own with reckless abandoned, starving his nation just like Mugabe.
    Guantanamo Bay.

He had to go, and I'm glad he has. I hope that if the UK ever becomes like Saddam-regime Iraq with a sh1t-head dictator*, a load of gung-ho Yanks come and kick him out for us.
    Indeed so. And I'll be one of those that fight the American invader.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

7 Spanish, Catalan and Basque tourists, have died in an attempt in Yemen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/6262302.stm

Rest in peace, Goian bego

PhilipG

Unfortunately it's not that simple. He was a threat to Western democracy, WMDs or not. Look at what's happening now - North Korea, Iran, Pakistan - lots of Middle Eastern countries want nuclear arms. I reckon if old Saddam was around he'd be dipping his fingers in the pies. He was a liability who tortured and murdered his own with reckless abandoned, starving his nation just like Mugabe. He had to go, and I'm glad he has. I hope that if the UK ever becomes like Saddam-regime Iraq with a sh1t-head dictator*, a load of gung-ho Yanks come and kick him out for us.

WMDs, or no WMDs.

EDIT: *And by the way, if you use this to make a stupid, boring, predictable cheap shot at Blair or Bush and call them sh1t-head dictators, worse than Saddam, then you really are caught up in the 'illegal war' hysteria.

Oh, dear me. I didn't know I said that.
    What a vehement response to a half-joke.
    (If you weren't referring to me, then I apologise).
    Blair and Bush took us into Iraq, ignoring the majority of their advisors, which was certainly not a democratic action.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 07-03-2007 at 09:22 AM.

Nah, wasn't intended for you Philip...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast