Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 08 terrorist threat?

Maybe, just maybe if the Western Armies left Iraq there would be fewer 'terrorist' attacks in Blighty?
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by A. D. Williams View Post
    Maybe, just maybe if the Western Armies left Iraq there would be fewer 'terrorist' attacks in Blighty?
    How? Terrorists were attacking places before Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    How? Terrorists were attacking places before Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Maybe they were, but they have a 'good excuse' so long as we remain in Iraq and Afghanistan, Max.
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

And we have an excuse to stay If they keep setting bombs off at airports also.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

And we have an excuse to stay If they keep setting bombs off at airports also.
    Could be in for a long 'war' then, Max!!

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by A. D. Williams View Post
    We'd be targets anyway, let's not kid ourselves. The Iraq intervention has not helped matters but it's not the reason we are being attacked.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    We'd be targets anyway, let's not kid ourselves. The Iraq intervention has not helped matters but it's not the reason we are being attacked.

Chris

The reason being what exactly?
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Maybe one reason Is that they can't accept our way of life maybe?
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    Without seeming like a doom monger has anyone given any thought to the possibility that Liverpool could be a terror target in 08? Has any work been done to prevent this?
    WHAT WAS CELEBRATED IN NEW YORK, MADRID AND LONDON, THE DAY OF THE LAST BOMBS?? Nothing was celebrated, was one more day for the people. There is NO REASON to believe that a celebration attracts a terrorist.

Liverpool with its 800 anniversary. It is not celebrate any political summit. The same fear they have my parents in the city of Saragossa. Next year is the Universal Exposition 08, and they are afraid of the same thing. Besides Saragossa is an important religious point, for the Cathedral of Pilar. Sincerely, I do not look like to me motives for thinking about an attempt ...

I do not believe that this city is an aim. If a city is objective, it is London. Besides for political reasons, it is much easier.

On the safety in Standted's airport, it seems to me to be ridiculous. An endless wait, which does not use as anything. I providing that I have travelled for a few days, have taken my baggage with me and they have never said to me at all for taking a bag of bathroom.

Maybe one reason Is that they can't accept our way of life maybe?
    MAX or anybody:

A question, why they place bombs? With this I do not want to justify theirs actions, theirs murders... Simply to think, with that the good ones, sometimes are not so good...

The people without culture, are very manajable. Persons who have born in a place with a strong rooting to the religion, without access to a free education, without access to Internet, without access to channels and foreign books...

For me, they are not fewer victims than the murdered ones in theirs attempts. They were marionettes. A person was indicate with the finger and they shot... The guilty only ones are the persons that they re prohibiting an education and are teaching them to hate, in order to be of benefit economically...

MarkA

EDITED *I shouldn't be discussing this subject on an open forum where people can read threads without registering*
    Last edited by MarkA; 07-02-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    They do it because they're stupid enough to brainwashed into believing that they'll be rewarded in Heaven for their actions. If they didn't have anyone to blow up they'd just have to behave like lemmings and throw themselves off cliffs.

I do know that lemmings don't actually throw themselves off cliffs but it's a good analogy
    I am sorry! but I am not agree. I think that they are not stupids... I think that they re victims too.

If u or me, were born in a small village of Afghanistan, surely were proud of that our son was dying in an attempt.

The guilty only ones are the persons who prohibit them to have access to a culture, to books, to Internet, to television, to radio, to press, etc. independent.

The same persons are those who work out benefited economically from this, live in palaces, and do not spend hunger...

Please, if someone is interesting in trying to understand their actions, not to justify them! I recommend this book...

Tittle: BURNT ALIVE (QUEMADA VIVA)
    Autor: SOUAD

The first testimony of a victim of a crime of honor:
    Souad was seventeen years old when it could only a pregnant woman without being married; in her country it means the death. While she was washing the clothes in the court of her house it saw terrified how her brother-in-law was approaching him, it was spraying it with petrol and was igniting a match. Jacqueline Thibault, cooperating of the Swiss foundation To arise, her helped to go out of her country with her baby and to overcome her drama.
    Souad is a fictitious name, a personality invented for a woman cisjordana that was burned alive. Forever it will be marked by wild scars in her body and her soul.

She speaks on her culture. She counts since she was understood that they wanted to kill her, for that it had dishonored to her family. She understood that her mother was murdering her children, for whom she did not need any more hands to help in house...

What more I am overawed it is this: When she was in the hospital in Switzerland, and she sees a nurse with white garment and the free hair, speaking with a man I shout him: she is going to die, she must die...
    Now she itself scares, of since age capable of thinking that one...
    With this I want to say, that if you have not seen another thing, for which nobody has given you an opportunity to see beyond, which happens around you, it is the correct thing.

They are victimes in all that...

MarkA

EDITED *I shouldn't be discussing this subject on an open forum where people can read threads without registering*
    Last edited by MarkA; 07-02-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Or living under a regime of fear. Fear of the authorities, fear of punishment in the afterlife. Through this fear, newer generations are indoctrinated in the same fear and so it perpetuates. Religion is forced on these people, they're made to pray and totally absorbed in it. You'd have to be very brave and very free-minded to live somewhere like Iran as a native and not practice Islam.

The West is an enemy of Islam, not because of the war in Iraq, Afghanistan or the foreign policies of the US and UK, but because they abhor the things we embrace. Free speech, freedom of choice in the religion we do/do not practice, sexual freedom, alcohol. The list goes on, and so we're seen as a threat to Islam.

Look at all the fuss about Salman Rushdie. The Pakistan religious minister said the honour justified suicide bombings in retaliation. This is what we're up against!

Anyone who things that if it wasn't for Iraq and our involvement with the US we would be free of these kinds of terrorist attacks is deluding themself.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast