Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buses to Page Moss

Hi, I was a fitter at Crosville Edge Lane in the 70's, my Dad and Uncle were at the MPTE (Corpy), and although the job title was Conductor, we always referred to them as Guards and everyone else did too. When I drive up Edge Lane now its sad to see nothing left of the Works or
    just a decaying shed of what was the Crosville depot, all that engineering skill thrown away, with no prospect of returning. Cheers, Ally.

Hello Allyj, did you know Robbie the fitter from Huyton?

Hi Jointy, yes I remember a lad Bobby Murray, I'm sure he lived on Western Avenue.Ginger hair, I was always jealous of his Snap-On tools,he spent a fortune on them. I remember him repairing a badly rusted wing on a Viva, a huge hole he filled using a pile of brazing rods,then body filler on top, all Crosville's materials of course, and their Oxo plant as well! the job was his own "foreigner". But that was how things were then, I suppose we got away with all kinds of stunts, thinking back.You a relative? let me know, all the best Ally.

Hello Allyj, Bobby is a friend and lives just off Western Avenue now. He's packed in work but still keeps all his tools in a lock up. His ginger hair is no more and he plays the guitar and sings in the Allies club on Thursday nights. Regards, Jointy.

Quote Originally Posted by jointy View Post
    Hello Allyj, Bobby is a friend and lives just off Western Avenue now. He's packed in work but still keeps all his tools in a lock up. His ginger hair is no more and he plays the guitar and sings in the Allies club on Thursday nights. Regards, Jointy.
    Hi Jointy, yes that's Bobby, I forgot he played guitar.At xmas we'd have a P*** Up over the road in the Queen of Diamonds, and he'd borrow mine.I'm finished with work now too,disabled after a fight with the big C. My last job I was on for Road Range (Mercedes) in Rathbone Road Wavertree around the corner from Edge Lane.I go up to Whiston a lot to see a Plastic Surgeon and pass a closed down alehouse in Prescot where our union had branch meetings.Its good to hear of him.Another lad from Huyton was John Walsh,he lived over by the Bluebell.Next time you see him say Hi for me will you, and ask him if he remembers giving me "The Window Treatment", THE B******! All the best Allyj (Allan Jones)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12