Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 08 Loyalty Card?

Blog Entries

It is getting quite funny now, lets continue along with the 08 ride!
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

CAPITAL of Culture loyalty card bosses have reassured people after cards were sent out – giving people just a week to use them. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

If I get a card I could set It on fire for fun.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Blog Entries

****Card-holders can take advantage of a two for one offer available on the Merseyrail network within the Merseyside boundary every Thursday after 6pm.

It means any adult buying a cheap day return ticket can get a second ticket free for the same journey on the Northern, Wirral and City Lines.

****Tate Liverpool at the Albert Dock launches its Late at Tate scheme, allowing 08 card-holders to enjoy two for one entry to exhibitions and discounts to events.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

DaisyChains

My friend got hers from the 08 shop in town last week.
    She said that whilst she was in there, some tourists came in and asked the girl in the shop what the cards were for and if they were eligible for one.
    She said they were and gave them all cards.
    Now, I am not mean or selfish, but I thought the cards were only for residents of Liverpool!

No, they said at the beginning that anyone could have a card, not just residents.

As for buses, the city is soon going to get a free city centre bus, like Manchester and Leeds have. That's in addition to the S2 and S3 (if they decide to continue with them). It should cover more of the centre than it does at present. Councillor Bradley announced it at a Culture Company update last year but I thought maybe the free use of S2/S3 for card-holders was it. But a driver told me that they've been test-driving the new route.

I think it's called having your cake and eating it:

Speaking at yesterday’s celebrity launch of the free 08 Card, Liverpool council leader Warren Bradley said the card – the first of its kind in the UK – was being issued as “part of the city’s gift to residents” in the approach to the 2008 celebrations.

And in the same article:

Lord Mayor Cllr Paul Clark said he was pleased to support the launch of the card as he believed it would unite the city.

He said: “These are really good offers. I will certainly be using them and think everybody should.

“Tourists will be arriving in their hundreds of thousands and will be offered an 08 Card so they too can get the offers.

“This is win-win for residents and visitors alike.”

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...4375-19337141/

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    I think it's called having your cake and eating it:

Speaking at yesterday’s celebrity launch of the free 08 Card, Liverpool council leader Warren Bradley said the card – the first of its kind in the UK – was being issued as “part of the city’s gift to residents” in the approach to the 2008 celebrations.

And in the same article:

Lord Mayor Cllr Paul Clark said he was pleased to support the launch of the card as he believed it would unite the city.

He said: “These are really good offers. I will certainly be using them and think everybody should.

“Tourists will be arriving in their hundreds of thousands and will be offered an 08 Card so they too can get the offers.

“This is win-win for residents and visitors alike.”

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...4375-19337141/
    I personally think it should be just Liverpool residents that are eligible and make it special for us

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyChains View Post
    I personally think it should be just Liverpool residents that are eligible and make it special for us
    Can't say that I mind who can use the card but less of the insultingly obvious spin from Warren would be nice.

I got my Loyalty card via the Echo on the day they issued them.
    Activated it and yesterday I recieved this from the post office :-

Now is it the post office who are being over keen or is it COC not knowing that an A4 envelope with goodies in costs more than a first class stamp.

6 pence due and I had to pay £1 for the privilage of paying 6 pence. The bloody stuff inside the envelope was not worth £1 anyway.
    Nothing on the outside of the envelope to say where it had come from nor the contents so I could not send it back as undelivered.

Phredd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File0001 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	3943  
    In the days when we had nothing we had fun.
    If tomorrow starts without me, remember I was here.

Quote Originally Posted by julieoapw View Post
    No, they said at the beginning that anyone could have a card, not just residents.

As for buses, the city is soon going to get a free city centre bus, like Manchester and Leeds have. That's in addition to the S2 and S3 (if they decide to continue with them). It should cover more of the centre than it does at present. Councillor Bradley announced it at a Culture Company update last year but I thought maybe the free use of S2/S3 for card-holders was it. But a driver told me that they've been test-driving the new route.
    So what i was told a few weeks back seems to be true.

Anyone any idea where this might cover? Could do with a decent circular from financial side of town to Hope St end.

Will save me walking...

Blog Entries

There's a VIP card now

Nonsense
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    There's a VIP card now

Nonsense
    That's one card I won't be buying! Also I think they are having a laugh by charging £44-95.

Last edited by A.D.W; 09-22-2007 at 11:49 AM.
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123