Thread: I'm looking at a flat here

Default I'm looking at a flat here

going to phone up about it later.

I sometimes wonder whether Liverpool should elect a councillor from outside the Borough of Liverpool? go to Formby,Southport and see the difference to what it looks like in their neck of the woods...hang on...I'll take you there...looks something like the south of France don't it....

Liverpool Capital of Culture...My Ar*e

If you can spot any dirt anywhere I'll stand yer a pint.

If you ask me...I think we get landed with the crappiest architects on the map.

'tis nice

So is the flat and cheap at the price...£375pcm,Living room,bathroom,kitchen and bedroom...problem is its second floor I need a ground floor.

Wanna see the place?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Have a little street view of the area here....always went to southport as a kid,I'm pretty amazed at the place right now ...I can tell yer
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-29033674.html

Southport's ok if you like the oft rowdy nightlife, and I mean, worse than Liverpool for fights. Believe me!
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Southport's ok if you like the oft rowdy nightlife, and I mean, worse than Liverpool for fights. Believe me!
    So true.....the only place I've ever been physically thrown out of a pub,by the bouncers! My crime.....I came walking out of the toilet,after they thought they'd emptied the pub!!!!

Blog Entries

Yes, Georgie, it looks very nice when the sun is out, down along the promenade. The sad thing about Southport is the way Lord Street seems to be abandoned in favour of the seafront. It is a gem that needs to be polished. Unfortunately, money is probably in short supply.

Sadly,Sammy...one cannot predict when the sun has gone in on Streetview. anyway I'm not concerned about certain streets and rowdy nightclub goers....

My main concern is streets cleaned properly and yer bike won't get nicked.

Whats the problem with Lord St,Sammy?

Lord Street has some wonderful Victorian style canopies and arcades, like the wayfarers.

I suppose with it being on the doorstep, we overlook its seaside resort feel of holidaymakers wandering around with ice creams and candy floss. Lots of Silcocks owned amusement arcades up one of the side streets. Lots of the locals are pensioners though

De ting is though,Ged...to rent an apartment or flat in the city center of Livy we're talking a minimum of £425,higher near the docklands....there's one there on the seafront in southy at £375...thats not bad is it?

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Lots of the locals are pensioners though
    pmsl,your bus pass is not that far away,Ged.

That's good yes. Liverpool city centre is catering for high flyers working in the business quarter - yes, what a silly name. I expect Southport is our Bournemouth so will cater for retired folk.

Blog Entries

George. Lord Street must have been very elegant in its heyday, but that is long gone, and now it seems to be struggling to attract tenant shopkeepers, getting mainly charity organizations. All the attractive features are still there, as Ged mentions, and it is a pity to see it all deteriorating.
    Get a room at The Bold Hotel, George. It too has seen better days, but it has a homely atmosphere and a good bar and dining room downstairs. And a sheltered beer garden in front. Lovely.

What makes you think I want to stick me head under a beer tap,Sammy? I guess it might be you,Fagan and Wsteve55 that are the rowdy crowd when yer go there....tsk! ruddy scousers