Thread: Forum Cinema, Lime Street

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Forum Cinema, Lime Street

Ok, I know photos from inside here caused a bit of a scrap before, but I'm posting mine anyway. Looks like some kind of work is being done to the place, and I wanted to see it before it's too late. Help from someone got me in - nothing was damaged or broken. The building is no more easily accessible than it was before we entered.

So anyway... after five or six years of wanting to get in here, me and Frank finally made the effort, and on our second attempt got in. By now I think I'm one of the few people in the city that hasn't been in there. I know friends and former workmates who have been there, even my girlfriend's brother made it in there a couple of years ago.

So it was good to finally walk up the stairs and into the main auditorium. I wasn't disappointed either - although tatty, it's quite intact. Projector rooms are pretty much stripped out, but there are interesting features here and there. Typically the Art Deco styling continues inside, with staircases reminding me of places like Littlebrook B and Battersea (although obviously more ornate).

In the foyer was a popcorn machine with popcorn still in it, and downstairs the remains of a snack bar. So all in all a good explore, and it was well worth missing 3 of my usual 7 hours sleep before work!! Pictures are a little grainy, as it all had to be done with a rapidly fading searchblaster, but they give a pretty good idea of what's left.

More on my website here.

Last edited by snappel; 06-19-2007 at 09:58 AM.