Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: kirkdale

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi Tom

Isn't it probable that St. Mary's, Kirkdale, was your great uncle's parish church and that after the weddings the couples lived in Kirkdale? Do you have an address or addresses where the couples lived?

Chris
    Howdy doody Brother Chris, while I have no definite addresses for my g.uncle yet,his daughter was born the same year they married, in Huyton, a stones throw from Tarbock, and as far as I know, she grew up and married in this area.
    As for my grandfather, he was a miner, and lived for the first three years of marriage in Cronton/Sutton and St. Helens.
    His four children were all born and bred in Cronton!, so the Kirkdale connection still eludes me.
    I still have lots more research for this branch so perhaps something will come to light.
    Arrivederci, mio fratello.
    ~ Red Tom ~

[QUOTE=Ged;314145]The Claremont.

Listed at 93 Westminster Road at its junction with a narrow alley named Grove Place. This photo from the early 60s was when it was managed by Margaret Ellen Towers. The adjoining Chemist was ran by Rae Hartley. This site later became part of a school playground.

Photo LRO. Infromation: Freddy O'Connor.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great pic,,,the memories are flooding back,,Paddy Walshes...we knew it as kids,,the middle door led to a little snug
    there was always two old women sitting there,,me mum worked on the Empress of Canada,,and she would bring a bag of forin coins home we would go to Paddy walshes and buy loads of bags of salt and shake,,thats all they had back then,,lots of lemmo..
    thet always took the coins with no problems,,,God great memories,,,
    also the chemist next door was known to us as Mr Rays,,,he patched me head up once when me brother through i chinese stealie at me head,, had to wear a hair net for a few weeks and was skitted,,(,Ena Sharples),,we lived across the Rd(westminster rd) in Tintern Street,,,

Thanks for the Memories,

Bill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789