Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Litherland

Default Litherland

Hi there. Can you give me a bit of advice on this area, as im getting conflicting reports. We are moving from Newcastle to Liverpool this year, and a few houses are coming up in this area that look nice. We dont want an expensive area, and equally a really bad area, as we have 2 kids and want them to settle well. Is it ok in Cecil road, hicks road, or cumpsty road. We have viewings in Waterloo as well . I know its a better area, but so is the price.

Thank you

It doesn't look too bad on Google maps, have a scout around here -
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ceci...N&hl=en&tab=wl

and this might help -
    http://www.police.uk/crime/?q=Cecil%...0UK#crimetypes
    zoom in on the map then click on the categories in the crimes list. It will show up any recent crimes.

Judging by this the area doesn't seem any worse than anywhere else. There is more crime recorded in some other areas so maybe this district is average.

Stick to looking in Waterloo

Yes, I agree.
    I would guess that Waterloo would be a better option if you can afford to pay a bit more.

Very posh up there. Ex police, Ex White Star Founder, EX Titanic Captain etc etc....
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Very posh up there. Ex police, Ex White Star Founder, EX Titanic Captain etc etc....
    All ex- and violets, you say?

I think Litherland isn't too bad,though I'd reccomend Waterloo,even at a higher cost! But I'm sure you know,though,there's good and bad,wherever you end up,......even Waterloo has it's dark side!!

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Ex girlfriends ?

Litherland Posh ?...used to be but not so much now.

cheers for your help so far. i recon its at least worth a look. Googlemapped it before with the link above and like you say, one side of it seems really bad, and the other seems ok. I will keep looking as well

thanks guys. Had loads of viewings everywhere. I guess Litherland is not to be, and ermmmm Seaforth, no thanks... But we seen a great 4 bedroom house in a place in Halewood called Stanford Crescent . It looked nice around there with lots of good transport to Manchester etc. Any thoughts before we arrange a second viewing????

Wow - that's the very opposite end of the city from where you first enquired about. Just a couple streets off Macketts Lane where Beatle George Harrison lived.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

. haha i know. anywhere easy transport and reasonable no major problems, was our choice. I didnt know bout the George Harrison bit though. Even better. Is it ok area Ged, as I have a second viewing in 2 weeks time

My in-laws are from Halewood.

Quite a large chunk of Halewood is council property.

There are also are some lovely roads with private semi detached. Generally around Higher rd which also comes under (Hunts Cross) The nice part of Halewood is around the older village by the Derby arms pub and along Church rd and past St Nicholas church.

If you look at Stanford crescent on Google Maps you will notice Okell drive at the back of it - ( over by the side of the green area) roads with birds names - I'd say it's much nicer over that side than the Arncliff side where Stanford is . but the houses are a lot newer and probably more expensive.
    I know 2 people who live in new houses on the Okell estate and the houses are very nice.

Stanford looks like ex-council property. I don't know what that particular road is like, it may be ok.
    Some parts of Halewood are a bit down market - Leathers Lane, Torrington drive. Not so good.
    Higher road is a long main road and has some nice houses.

ps, Halewood is a bit of a trek from the city centre. It's a suburb on the outskirts. Nearest big shopping centre is Belle Vale.

Arncliffe area has some shops on Hunts Cross.

Thanks a lot Lindilou. Thats great advice. Is it classed as a problem area? Stanford area I mean. Or is it just a basic area where the locals are friendly. We have to be cautious as we are bringing a 12 year old and a 10 year old down with us. I totally appreciate all of your and everyones help. But a huge move for us, so we dont want a street/area full of asbos hanging around and smashing up my new car, and breaking in every 5 mins haha

It's just an average area really. I was looking on street maps and Stanford doesn't look too bad. The houses all seem tidy and well kept which is a good sign. There is good and bad in every district. I would think The Arncliffe area is not too bad at all - it doesn't seem to get any really bad reports and I wouldn't say it was to be avoided.
    Stanford is off Arncliff rd (where George Harrison lived) which has Arncliffe Court (a care home). I doubt that it has too much noise or nuisance problems around there.

Of course, with choosing the right area depends on what you can afford ! There are some very nice districts but a bit upmarket costs more ! As I say, the Okell estate is nice, but all quite expensive properties. Are you buying or renting ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast