Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andalucia

Default Andalucia

Hiya,
    Anyone thinking of coming over here to live?

Always remember lads, one Evertonian is worth 20 Liverpudlians
    Brian Labone, Everton Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Doylie View Post
    Hiya,
    Too much hot for me!! Ke Kaloh!!

Hiya,
    I once owned a condo in Calpe, on the Costa Blanca but would have loved to buy, and planned to, in Andalucia but on the Atlantic near Cadiz as oposed to Malaga and the Med. Alas we sold to a German couple and never did buy in Cadiz. Beautiful part of the world though.
    Help find Madeleine

Gnomie

Hiya,
    Have you got a room for me

I love it there. do you know San Pedro, we like to go there. very very nice Spanish Town. My friend Lives in Sevilla. you lucky thing living over there.

Hiya,
    ......oohh if only .... !!!

We've been to Malaga for the last 5 years. I love it there.

chippie

As an ex pat, I want to tell you what happened to me today.

Walked through the church gardens and some bloke come out of an office there and says to me,"hOow long have you lived in Nantwich?"
    "seven years," I replied.
    "go home and bring me back proof of that and I,ll give yer £35"

to which I did and he did.

Apparently EVERYONE who lives in a certain triangle part of the town is elligible to have this money if they proove that they have lived her for seven years,AND continue to have it till they die or the legacy, left by a former benefactor, runs out of dosh.

Now isn,t that amazing and well worth the soaking I got in the rain.

Honestly ??

Cor, that was a nice surprise then.
    .. and to cheer you up on a rainy day

Just googled it Chippie and you were done. The figure is £350.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

I like very much what I do (properties abroad, mostly Spain) and know my onions; well, most of them. The one question I cannot honestly answer is which part of Mediterranean Spain would you prefer?
    Both have got their good points depending on your point of view of course.
    Prospective buyers are understandably edgy and suspicious when taking each vital step. Most can take as long as three years from saying, 'What about ....................' to actually doing it. They then say, 'Wish I had done it years ago.'
    I usually lighten the conversation by introducing myself as the organiser of the Escape Committee. Yes, I enjoy doing what I do very much .
    War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

Sincerily, I prefer the north of Spain... I do not like the Sun, I prefer the cold, the rain and the long nights... here the weather like is perfect for me... Too, coz I do not like the Mediterranean culture... I love the virgin coast, I do not like a beach with a lot of people, tall buildings, hotels and more hotels, ...

At Mediterranean I know somes are where are English districts...

One is in Alicante, in a village called Torrevieja.
    http://www.torrevieja.com/eng/

And other is in Málaga, Mijas.
    http://www.andalucia.com/mijas/pueblo.htm

Quote Originally Posted by miguel View Post
    I like very much what I do (properties abroad, mostly Spain) and know my onions; well, most of them. The one question I cannot honestly answer is which part of Mediterranean Spain would you prefer?
    Both have got their good points depending on your point of view of course.
    Prospective buyers are understandably edgy and suspicious when taking each vital step. Most can take as long as three years from saying, 'What about ....................' to actually doing it. They then say, 'Wish I had done it years ago.'
    I usually lighten the conversation by introducing myself as the organiser of the Escape Committee. Yes, I enjoy doing what I do very much .
    Well, can I join this escape committee..? ha ha ha I live in Hawaii, and would love to relocate to Europe .. maybe I can have a natter with you.. sounds very cool.. Your website looks marvelous.. I will email you or visa versa.. thanks...

I prefer Alvor in the Algarve, done Spain and the Islands, can't beat the Portuguese.

Gerard

""""
    Last edited by Gerard; 08-14-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Hiya Gerard. We got going to Alvor which we use as a base, in 1997 so this is our 10th year on the trot so the kids have pretty much grown up with the place and the locals we've got to know including holiday makers which always go out at the same time as us. Monchique up in the mountains shows you how the locals live too, the olive groves and little shacks. Alvor is a quiet fishing village with a harbour where they cook the sardines out in the open, it's great and not built up like your Benidorms with loads of high rise and burger bars. The 'strip' of a night though is just as lively as anywhere, chocker with stalls, street sellers, artists painting portraits and charictertures, karoake bars, themed pubs but without the drunken singles and stag parties of Albufera. We visited friends golfing in Villamora and one of our local friends in Silves. The Waterpark and Zoo Marine are at Guia and are spectacular but when you're up on the top of the water ride waiting to go down, it's a far way and nothing to see but barren land for miles around. My better half will normally go back with the youngest one who is 15 at about 3am while us 3 hit the lower end of the strip until 6. For those who want the night clubs, Praia De Rocha and Portimao are a 10 minute taxi ride away.

Ha ha, I remember that story about that pair ha ha.

We went with friends once, the woman is a teacher but is dead sound and down to earth, not one of the never off duty type. I saw her at the pool staring and grinning across at a lad facing us 'Yes, it is me' she said, lifting her sunglasses, it only turned out to be a lad she teachers at school, how much bad luck is that, going away during your 6 weeks school hols, 2000 miles away and meeting your teacher. We got talking to his mam and dad and met them a few times in the evening.

We meet people who now who go out to the same place twice a year, usually April as well as August, lucky sods. We used to love the Veronica's in Las Americas, Tenerife until the drugs barons and riff raff made it their home and then the local mayor shut some of the pubs out there. That was our first choice from 86 until 96 with the odd Ibiza or Majorca thrown in now and again too but Ibiza is too young and clubby now haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast