Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Childwall/Thingwall Road area murder about 1965/67

It was a terrible crime and I could never find a motive for it. With him being so young and information stops short. He was caught quite quickly and put through the courts and dealt with. End of.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...owtopic=120777

OMG Slemen the nutter.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist/IT...1/VS111262004/

look at this

A ITN news clip.

Notice the date 11th December. Not September as the National Archives have put on their site. I was right. I always have remembered seeing that date.

Plain clothes policeman and woman go to door of house...That was where I lived..OMG our House on the telly.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Thanks for your memories and the footage Spike. I must go and see her grave.
    This killing was all but forgotton until now maybe. There wasnt much on the net anyway.
    The tall detective in the white mac at the end of the clip looks to me like William Prendergast who
    was the author of the first Z cars books and an adviser on the show. Its also interesting to me
    that the house extension was being built during the killing.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by burkhilly View Post
    Wasn't there a thread on this? I sure I remember reading something on Yo.
    Yes BH, I mentioned it on the Maureen Dutton (Tiki Murder) a couple of years back.

Text from Tom Slemen's account of it

''strange creature was walking across the field in the moonlight. It looked just like Pan, the old God of music and mischief. It had curved horns like a ram, hairy cloven legs from the knees down, and it was playing reed flutes. ''

By your own admittance Spike, you lived around those parts back then. Why didn't you tell me you could play the reed flutes, you could have been in our band.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

If you go to the church. go to the left hand side about 3/4 way down the graveyard. Its somewhere in that area. Its a few headstones from the wall of the field next door. If I remember its a dark headstone.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Text from Tom Slemen's account of it

''strange creature was walking across the field in the moonlight. It looked just like Pan, the old God of music and mischief. It had curved horns like a ram, hairy cloven legs from the knees down, and it was playing reed flutes. ''

By your own admittance Spike, you lived around those parts back then. Why didn't you tell me you could play the reed flutes, you could have been in our band.

I was always on that field...Just not born in 1962 like you, you old git

And thats the church by the Abbey pub right?

Another feature of this case is that one of the Detectives who worked on it was the childs uncle.

From the above ITN newsreel.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by underworld View Post
    And thats the church by the Abbey pub right?
    Yes.

Straight through the gate. Go to left of Church. Straight down about 3/4 way and look near the wall of the field. You will find it.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

You know what even after 25 odd years I could walk straight to it.

I must go along again too.

I wonder why TS has got it down as an 'unexplained mystery' ?

Can I hazard a guess that the murderer knew the victim and seeing as she was in on her own babysitting, tried his hand and got the knockback maybe. Did anything ever come out in court as to the reason and why it was only manslaughter?

probaly lawers got him Manslaughter?

Ive only got the stories of kids so most will be far fetched. He lived a few minutes walk from her house so he may have known her?

Need to look in the Echo from that time.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Ged The next tour we must go along there.

Yes indeed, in fact, I'm up that way every weekend as my middle daughter's boyfriend lives off Childwall Road by the fiveways which isn't far. The Echo microfische reels are still obtainable although the LRO is temporarily closed. They are stored in the Museum for perusal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Yes indeed, in fact, I'm up that way every weekend as my middle daughter's boyfriend lives off Childwall Road by the fiveways which isn't far. The Echo microfische reels are still obtainable although the LRO is temporarily closed. They are stored in the Museum for perusal now.
    If your going up then ring me and I will show you where it is.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Just thought on this. There will be family members still out there. This will still be upsetting to them. I know we will all think about what we post here so as not to cause any distress to any family who may read this thread.

No motive in the Echo. Ive done em! I'll have another read of my clippings. Why it was all suppressed is a mystery to me and why it was dealt with the way it was by the lawyers should be explained sometime.

Yes, I hope if any family come across this, they know we are thinking of Lesley in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Yes.

Straight through the gate. Go to left of Church. Straight down about 3/4 way and look near the wall of the field. You will find it.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

You know what even after 25 odd years I could walk straight to it.

I must go along again too.
    Hope it's not where they say they will dig up for the proposed extention. It's going to look great - a 1000 year-old church with a modern conservatory.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast