Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: AND WHERES THIS TAKEN?

Havn't seen Marie posting for ages.
    She has been here but been quiet for a while.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Thank you (((((Mand)))))..how is yer girl ??
    I'm Good Gerard, how is you?
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Hi Gerard. Thought you'd gone on your hols

Hiya ((((Linda))))..not yet girl..have'nt booked yet..maybe end of Aug or something when its a bit quiet.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by robbo176 View Post
    I'm Good Gerard, how is you?
    Im all the better Now Mand with chattin' to you and Linda.
    nearly 2 weeks without a ciggie..the longest Ive gone for yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs..

13 weeks for me

you're doing well Gerard.

We should save a few bob not spending on the cigs shouldn't we !

Gerard

Good for you Linda.. I even had a little slurp on Saturday night and never felt like a ciggie..promising..

Blog Entries

this Forum is going smoke free, every one seems to be packin in

well done
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

wonder how Steven is getting on ?

chippie

Default no wind up

Gerard, people search, page three. And it,s not a wind up we all love ya to bits

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by MerseysideTransportTrust View Post
    A pic of SKB 173 . A Liverpool Corpy Leyland Royal Tiger with Crossley bodywork .

These were purchased for Private Hire and for Liverpools joint service with Birkenhead corpy on the Night Mersey tunnel service.

Pic 2 Sister vehicle SKB 172 as the MPTE Traveller Ticket bus in a nice period 70s shot

Locations please!

Photos MTT collection/G S O'Brien

Enjoy

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Have a family friend that used to live in Childwall and sent him a copy of the bus/coach outside Childwall Abbey. He took exactly the same picture on that day, but from a slightly different angle and has given me some more information - hope this is something new to you:

On October 1st 1952, LCPT took over from BEA responibility for providing the City Centre-Speke Airport Services. With this came 4x Bedford Duple OB coaches, new in 1949-50, with standard Duple 'Vista' bodies. They were the only eptrol engined vehiciles to be operated by LCPT for several years and were repainted in 1954 from airline blue to green with cream roofs and numbered B1-4. Number B1 had the standard 29 seat layout for the Vista but the other 3 had more luxurious seating, a row being omitted so that the seating was reduced to 25. All were withdrawn by 1961 being replaced by Leyland Royal Tiger coaches.
    There were 6 Layland coaches, with Crossley framed bodies finished at Edge Lane, entering service (after severe manufacturing delays) in 1955-6. 4 were completed as duel entrance 40 seaters for OMO experiments on routes 66,77 and 88 and rebuilt in 1960 for the airport service. They were withdrawn in 1973-4 after transfer to the Lime Street - Landing Stage service. The other 2, SL175-6, had front entrances and fixed indicators showing PRIVATE and were used only for private hire work and on the Mersey Tunnel Service.

After the formation of the PTE, SL175-6 were transferred to Wirral in blue livery and re-numbered 98-97 in the ex-Birkenhead series. They operated as one-man buses until withdrawn in 1972 after which 98 became a ticket sales office in Liverpool.

The photo outside Childwall Abbey shows SL176 awaiting a wedding party at Childwall Abbey in 1959.

Interesting to note that both WG Marks and W M Hall, LCPT General Managers, lived for many years at the hotel.

Cadfael.

PhilipG

Who is this new member called Gerard?

Welcome, young man.

Have you got a camera?

Good to see you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    Hi Rob,

Have a family friend that used to live in Childwall and sent him a copy of the bus/coach outside Childwall Abbey. He took exactly the same picture on that day, but from a slightly different angle and has given me some more information - hope this is something new to you:

On October 1st 1952, LCPT took over from BEA responibility for providing the City Centre-Speke Airport Services. With this came 4x Bedford Duple OB coaches, new in 1949-50, with standard Duple 'Vista' bodies. They were the only eptrol engined vehiciles to be operated by LCPT for several years and were repainted in 1954 from airline blue to green with cream roofs and numbered B1-4. Number B1 had the standard 29 seat layout for the Vista but the other 3 had more luxurious seating, a row being omitted so that the seating was reduced to 25. All were withdrawn by 1961 being replaced by Leyland Royal Tiger coaches.
    There were 6 Layland coaches, with Crossley framed bodies finished at Edge Lane, entering service (after severe manufacturing delays) in 1955-6. 4 were completed as duel entrance 40 seaters for OMO experiments on routes 66,77 and 88 and rebuilt in 1960 for the airport service. They were withdrawn in 1973-4 after transfer to the Lime Street - Landing Stage service. The other 2, SL175-6, had front entrances and fixed indicators showing PRIVATE and were used only for private hire work and on the Mersey Tunnel Service.

After the formation of the PTE, SL175-6 were transferred to Wirral in blue livery and re-numbered 98-97 in the ex-Birkenhead series. They operated as one-man buses until withdrawn in 1972 after which 98 became a ticket sales office in Liverpool.

The photo outside Childwall Abbey shows SL176 awaiting a wedding party at Childwall Abbey in 1959.

Interesting to note that both WG Marks and W M Hall, LCPT General Managers, lived for many years at the hotel.

Cadfael.
    Thanks Cad.

Used to sit on SL175 at Litherland depot in my Short trousered bus spotting days! It was based there for the overnight Tunnel service shared with Birkenhead Corpy.

We have one of the converted "Airporters" XL 171 SKB168
    which is awaiting restoration.

Can never understand why Liverpool Transport didn't get the registrations to match the fleet numbers at times!

Viz some of our preserved stuff L227 SKB 224 ,
    L161 RKC 262, as they used to reserve big batches of numbers in advance. The VKB 7** series running from 1956 to 1961 when the local vehicle office was issuing reversed regs no in 1961 viz 6300 K

Never knew the info about the GM's living at the Hotel

Our vintage bus running day is progressing well for 9th September and we have just got Merseytravel on board to assist. More details soon

Many Thanks

Rob

John(Zappa)

Default CLIPPIES

Would anyone know if I could get info on my mums bus route from her clippie badge number ?
    I know she used to work in the Green Lane depot.
    All I have is her badge.
    I would love to hear from any old drivers or clippies that may remember my mum.
    All help appreciated

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    Would anyone know if I could get info on my mums bus route from her clippie badge number ?
    I know she used to work in the Green Lane depot.
    All I have is her badge.
    I would love to hear from any old drivers or clippies that may remember my mum.
    All help appreciated
    Even without her badge number (which was a License) Merseytravel in Hatton Garden is the place to go, as they might still have her records.
    I've still got my badge, somewhere.
    I worked on Southport Corpy and then Ribble.

John(Zappa)

Thanx for that.Will give it a go next time am in town.
    Cheers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast