YO! Liverpool
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 114

Thread: Picture of the Day June 07

  1. #31
    Senior Member ChrisGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    3,590
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default 12 June

    Posted early since I will be travelling later today, on the train . . .


    ADVERTISING




    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

  2. #32
    Creator & Administrator Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Under The Stairs >> Under The Mud.
    Posts
    7,498
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Its still the 11th here Chris
    Liverpool in Pictures/ YO! Liverpool has taken me over 10 years to develop and maintain.

    All server & domain costs are covered by myself & kind donations of individuals.

    If you like the website, please donatevia PayPal!




    Thank you


    Kev
    2005 - 2017

  3. #33
    Senior Member ChrisGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    3,590
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Its still the 11th here Chris
    I realize that Kev but as explained above I will be travelling at midnight your time .... unless you want to take the pic off for now and repost later ... or I could do the same thing.
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

  4. #34
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    ..Gettin a bit serious this...Take it off Kev under the Geneva convention.

    No probs..

    If you dont mind me asking Kev why was my picture removed.
    It was the 1st on today after Chris's was removed
    I know that I said above remove it but I thought all this Sub this and section that and rule this that and the other was only a Joke..

    Theres about 24 rules quoted here including pictures of people not being allowed..
    You'd better take your June 1st POD off Kev if thats the case.
    Whats going on if you dont mind me asking Kev.
    Last edited by Gerard; 06-11-2007 at 08:40 PM.

  5. #35
    Senior Member ChrisGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    3,590
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    If you dont mind me asking Kev why was my picture removed.
    It was the 1st on today after Chris's was removed
    I know that I said above remove it but I thought all this Sub this and section that and rule this that and the other was only a Joke..

    Theres about 24 rules quoted here including pictures of people not being allowed..
    You'd better take your June 1st POD off Kev if thats the case.
    Whats going on mate if you dont mind me asking.

    Hi Gerard

    To clarify, I removed your pic of Philip after you said to remove it. I very much like the photo you took of Phil but it had been posted before in another thread and so I think Philip's St. George's Hall photo should be the legitimate Pic of the Day posting for today. Okay?

    Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

  6. #36
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    I thought Chris all this rule quoting was a Joke and thats why I said remove it..
    Rules about people not being allowed on POD...Kevs June 1st Piccie has people in so thats why I thought it was all a wind up.
    If the rule says though that It cant be posted elsewhere and on POD then thats fine..
    I was not aware of this Rule Chris..No probs Lad.

  7. #37
    Senior Member ChrisGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    3,590
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hi Gerard

    I refer you to the wording at the top of this page: "The aim is to capture and post 365 pictures of Liverpool and Merseyside throughout 2007." Thus the pic should be of a Liverpool or Merseyside location. It can have people in it but not be a photograph of a person or group of people as such. Okay, lad?

    Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

  8. #38
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi Gerard

    I refer you to the wording at the top of this page: "The aim is to capture and post 365 pictures of Liverpool and Merseyside throughout 2007." Thus the pic should be of a Liverpool or Merseyside location. It can have people in it but not be a photograph of a person or group of people as such. Okay, lad?

    Chris
    No problem Chris.

  9. #39
    PhilipG
    Guest PhilipG's Avatar

    Default

    I was convinced Gerard posted the photo of me as a joke, which is why my subsequent posts were jokes (except for the pic of St George's Hall).
    Frankly, I'd rather there weren't any pictures of me on any thread, because I'm no longer young and handsome like Gerard.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 06-12-2007 at 05:59 AM.

  10. #40
    Still alive snappel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default 13th June

    View from the top of Alexandra Tower, showing Prince's Dock, Liver Building, recent new developments and progress on the landing stage.


  11. #41
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    I was convinced Gerard posted the photo of me as a joke, which is why my subsequent posts were jokes (except for the pic of St George's Hall).
    Frankly, I'd rather there weren't any pictures of me on any thread, because I'm no longer young and handsome like Gerard.


    Phil,Im not gonna fall out with yer mate over a photograph.
    I did ask you at Moorfields if I could put your picture on and you said yes...didn't yer !!.
    No problem Lad...Ive looked for the other ones I put on of you to delete them but I cant find them..Tell me where they are and I'll take them off..No big deal mate..G'night..

  12. #42
    PhilipG
    Guest PhilipG's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Phil,Im not gonna fall out with yer mate over a photograph.
    I did ask you at Moorfields if I could put your picture on and you said yes...didn't yer !!.
    No problem Lad...Ive looked for the other ones I put on of you to delete them but I cant find them..Tell me where they are and I'll take them off..No big deal mate..G'night..
    I said yes, and you posted it.

    Then you posted it again on POTD, which is where people put their best photos.

    Why aren't we having this conversation through pm's, Gerard?

  13. #43
    Still alive snappel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'm amazed at how seriously this thread is taken. There's another day tomorrow, and another opportunity for someone to post a photo. And again the day after that, and the day after that...

    Gerard, I don't think Phil was getting at you or anything, he was just saying...

  14. #44
    Re-member Ged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere.
    Posts
    7,197
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quite frankly Frank, I can't be bothered sitting at my computer at 11.59.59 then pressing go and besides and more seriously, I haven't any good photos like you lot bum bum.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

    Updated weekly with old and new pics.

  15. #45
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    I'm amazed at how seriously this thread is taken. There's another day tomorrow, and another opportunity for someone to post a photo. And again the day after that, and the day after that...

    Gerard, I don't think Phil was getting at you or anything, he was just saying...

    And I was just saying snappel I was given permission..
    Me take this serious..yer avin a laugh aren't yer Lad.

    By the way snappel..I dont go advising you about the dangers of nearly killing yourself and putting the lives of the emergency services at risk who would have to rescue you if you fell down a hole..or fell of a roof that you were dangling your legs over..
    Or getting a Security guard the sack who has propably done his job all night and turned his back for 10 seconds and you then sneak up all these cranes or whatever..
    Do I geg in and get my little digs in about that...No I dont.

    So if you dont mind snappel..keep your opinions about me to yourself and stop trying to stir this up..Its not the 1st time you have had little sly digs at me..and I have not fell for it..And Kev is aware of this as well.
    If I want your opinion..I'll ask for it...OK..

  16. #46
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Quite frankly Frank, I can't be bothered sitting at my computer at 11.59.59 then pressing go and besides and more seriously, I haven't any good photos like you lot bum bum.
    Neither could I Ged..I put the picture in question on at about 3 in the afternoon mate.

  17. #47
    Re-member Ged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere.
    Posts
    7,197
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    No offence meant Gerard, I noticed yours are always late ha ha
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

    Updated weekly with old and new pics.

  18. #48
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    No offence meant Gerard, I noticed yours are always late ha ha

    No offence taken my friend..

  19. #49
    Still alive snappel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    By the way snappel..I dont go advising you about the dangers of nearly killing yourself and putting the lives of the emergency services at risk who would have to rescue you if you fell down a hole..or fell of a roof that you were dangling your legs over..
    Or getting a Security guard the sack who has propably done his job all night and turned his back for 10 seconds and you then sneak up all these cranes or whatever..
    You're so unstable it's not even funny!

    I was simply remarking that Phil was calmly making a point, in an effort to try and end the argument. You were misunderstanding what he was saying. And why didn't you PM all this to me? Why clog the thread up with this?

    As far as advising me - at any time you're welcome to do it. However, the emergency services know the risks of the job, and if security guards did their jobs properly then perhaps things would be harder for me. As it happens, my brother runs a security company, and agrees it is impossible to secure a site completely. They will keep out 99.9% of people - all but the most determined and resourceful.

    Any digs you have received you've earnt yourself. Kev is aware of everything that goes on on this forum, and when he's felt the need to he's contacted me. If he ever decides I'm not welcome here, I'm sure he'll ban me, in which case I'll take it like a man and not bother him/his forum further.

    Until then, why don't we keep this thread to photographs? I'll be happy to discuss this further by PM if you wish.

  20. #50
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    You're so unstable it's not even funny!

    I was simply remarking that Phil was calmly making a point, in an effort to try and end the argument. You were misunderstanding what he was saying. And why didn't you PM all this to me? Why clog the thread up with this?

    As far as advising me - at any time you're welcome to do it. However, the emergency services know the risks of the job, and if security guards did their jobs properly then perhaps things would be harder for me. As it happens, my brother runs a security company, and agrees it is impossible to secure a site completely. They will keep out 99.9% of people - all but the most determined and resourceful.

    Any digs you have received you've earnt yourself. Kev is aware of everything that goes on on this forum, and when he's felt the need to he's contacted me. If he ever decides I'm not welcome here, I'm sure he'll ban me, in which case I'll take it like a man and not bother him/his forum further.

    Until then, why don't we keep this thread to photographs? I'll be happy to discuss this further by PM if you wish.

    What argument snappel..copy and paste it and show me where I have said anything argumentive..please..

  21. #51
    Still alive snappel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    There was no need to quote everything I wrote in the post above. Now it's up there, twice in a row. Do we need to see it twice?

    Regarding you being argumentative, if you want proof of this you'll have to read through the thread and find it for yourself I'm afraid.

  22. #52
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    There was no need to quote everything I wrote in the post above. Now it's up there, twice in a row. Do we need to see it twice?

    Regarding you being argumentative, if you want proof of this you'll have to read through the thread and find it for yourself I'm afraid.

    Ill ask you again..AND I'LL KEEP ASKING YOU TILL YOU SHOW ME..

    Copy and paste my argumentive comment..Now..please.

  23. #53
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Originally Posted by Gerard
    Phil,Im not gonna fall out with yer mate over a photograph.
    I did ask you at Moorfields if I could put your picture on and you said yes...didn't yer !!.
    No problem Lad...Ive looked for the other ones I put on of you to delete them but I cant find them..Tell me where they are and I'll take them off..No big deal mate..G'night..

    ..................................................
    I cant see anything argumentive in that..quite the opposite in fact snappel
    I was being polite..worm your way out of that mate.

  24. #54
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Eh up..........snappel..come back..must have wormed himself about 10 foot under..Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa HAAAA....oH MY ACHING SIDES.....

  25. #55
    Still alive snappel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Sorry, I had work to attend to.

    Ten feet? I've been deeper than that old man, far deeper. In this case though, I don't feel the need to worm my way out of anything. I'm not arguing with you. And if you say I am, then you're arguing with me! Worm your way out of that one!!

  26. #56
    Re-member Ged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere.
    Posts
    7,197
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    All this worming.

    I mean, how low can you get?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Worms.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	3450  
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

    Updated weekly with old and new pics.

  27. #57
    Still alive snappel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Well, I wasn't going to, but since you've pushed me Ged, here's a portrait of myself. I was holding the camera and operating it using my tail. Pretty good I thought. It was taken on the day of my graduation...


  28. #58
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    "Old Man" eh Lard.....Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Lol.

  29. #59
    Gerard
    Guest Gerard's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    Well, I wasn't going to, but since you've pushed me Ged, here's a portrait of myself. I was holding the camera and operating it using my tail. Pretty good I thought. It was taken on the day of my graduation...

    A little under exposed Lard if you dont mind my saying..
    Is that a touch of noise I detect as well..Tut Tut.

  30. #60
    Re-member Ged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere.
    Posts
    7,197
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    There..........that's better
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

    Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Picture of The Day June 2010
    By scouse smurf in forum Picture of The Day 2010
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 09:53 PM
  2. Picture of the Day June 2011
    By Kev in forum Picture of The Day 2011
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 07:20 PM
  3. Picture of the Day June 2009
    By Kev in forum Picture of the Day 2009
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 08:19 AM
  4. Picture of the Day. June 2008.
    By PhilipG in forum Picture of the Day 2008
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 04:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

For daily updates, to support us further or to join in the conversation: Follow us on Twitter @YOLiverpool / Like our Facebook Page: @yoliverpoolpics / Join the Facebook Group: YO! Liverpool Pictures

× Thanks for coming to the web site. Support our future by turning off your Ad-Blocker or consider a donation via PayPal or Credit Card!