Thread: Underground leads and rumours in Liverpool plotted on a map.

Default Underground leads and rumours in Liverpool plotted on a map.

Hi all, Im moving down south at some point this year and my investigations into liverpool have waned a bit in the past year, so Im posting my map that I have made on google in hope that it could help others on this forum as this forum has been a great source of local knowledge for me. I got obsessed by underground liverpool a couple of years ago and plotted every lead, rumour and wiff of underground tunnels, spaces - anything and see what comes out and I suprised myself at how effective this was. A lot of the places the rumours mentioned formed recognisable paths through the city and some not. I hope this helps. Let me know if the link works, if it doesnt I'll repost it.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=...48694&t=h&z=10

Blog Entries

The link works. I am sure we could lose a few members down in those depths...not altogether a bad thing.
    Good luck with your move, this Forum works outside of Liverpool so you can check-out but need never leave.

georgie t

good stuff what liverpool stuff have you done underground

alright Georgie, Im Tristanjay Checked out most of the stuff on there or at least tried to gain access to. Most of it was trying to blag or get permission especially to go through the doors on bold street that are in a few of the older shops cellars on there or lifting funny looking manholes. Edge hill cutting, the arches in wapping tunnel, catacoombs in smithdown cemetary which turned out to be Penny Drops Drain a good access for the hardcore drainer (which Im not) to older sewerfresh systems. Recce'd too much to remember. The bootle train tunnnel under the gasometers on Marsh/hawthorn rd still need to be done, just deep water stops you, but a dingy or waders would prob do it.

Hey knottedash, you might have touched on something there? Doors in cellars in bold street? I've looked for info on this in the past and couldn't get any info, would you know what they were for?

Hey Moe they either lead to a tunnel or they where just access directly to the basement of the shop from the outside. The rumour of a tunnel is slighty strengthend by the fact bold street has no drain covers for its whole length. The door in the basement of the Old bra (Phoners?) shop which we had a peek at didnt really look like the usual door though. We did try to convince the owner to let us have a peek behind it but she was reluctant and most of her stock was down there and didnt want to risk getting it dirty.

That's interesting, bold street seems to be one mysterious ropewalk, one of the more fascinating things is the well In the shop,

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

But I'd love to know if there is a tunnel? Time to ask friends who worked on bold st. Ironically I have a few friends weird enough to have worked in the shops

Yeah I heard about the well, didnt manage to check it out though. But indeed bold street has a decent shroud of mystery around it, the more you hear the murkier it tends to get though.

Is be happy to drag it's seedy past up he he

georgie t

Quote Originally Posted by Knottedash View Post
    alright Georgie, Im Tristanjay Checked out most of the stuff on there or at least tried to gain access to. Most of it was trying to blag or get permission especially to go through the doors on bold street that are in a few of the older shops cellars on there or lifting funny looking manholes. Edge hill cutting, the arches in wapping tunnel, catacoombs in smithdown cemetary which turned out to be Penny Drops Drain a good access for the hardcore drainer (which Im not) to older sewerfresh systems. Recce'd too much to remember. The bootle train tunnnel under the gasometers on Marsh/hawthorn rd still need to be done, just deep water stops you, but a dingy or waders would prob do it.
    alright fella ha ha ive been thinking about that penny drops i may check it out sometime