Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Silver Blades Ice Rink

Post ice rink

THE ICE RINK CLOSED ON THE 4th JULY 1986 FOR THE LAST TIME .

IT WENT INTO LIQUIDATION.

THEN IT GOT PULLED DOWN AND THE BINGO GOT THE LAND FOR A CAR PARK.

I MISS IT SO MUCH

I WORKED THER UP TILL THIS TIME

( Little Les )

s I still have my old work referance from Les Williams the owner thats how i know when it shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    my grandad used to work there
    what was his name

My uncle (William Stanley), played for the Liverpool Trappers and I've been told by him that upon formation of the team, they had no badge/logo. My uncle Bill, asked my Dad to design a badge for the Trappers, which he did. I never knew until now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img001.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	12577  

Hello everybody... very nostlagic... I skated at Liverpool Prescot road from 1964 thru to about 1973 and then went to Queens Ferry and Altrincham (now pulled down and a new one built)
    there was the LSC (liverpool skating club run by Pam and Joy Cubbon) the Thursday Ice Dance Club before the General Session, we had the use of the ice on Sundays from 6.15pm until 7.30pm and was fantastic... anybody remember John Williams and Binky, Len and Anne Williams (len has passed away Anne was teaching at Alrincham) Marj Winstaney, Pat Eastwood, Eric Shrotter, Tony Holles, also my partner Pat Rotheram, and then Mrs I Bailiie who had a daughter Ingrid who danced with Bill Harper... anyone remember brother and sister Pam and Alan Smith??? and the coach trips to Nottingham to watch the British Ice Championshps....how the Fantastic Liverpool Ice Dancing Formation Team run by Hal and Pam Bradshaw???? John Williams and Collette Durkhin (johns father played the orghan on the stage) Had Lots of fantastic times there... and would to hear from any other people who remember skating at that time... one person I have never forgotten is James Woodward and His wife Laura (she has sadly pased away some years ago) who organized the Brugge skating trips..and of course our lovely Friend Anne Roberts..... well I am 65 now and was only 18 wehn first started until I finished at Liverpool when I was 33 and went on to Alrincham.....

Hi lindylou, i am so flattered that anyone remembers me, I did dj at the rink for a while, I only got the job through sheer cheek, i pulled the manager and told him the music was rubbish, "can you do better"? he asked "yes" I said, I had never touched a turntable in my life but I couldn't back down, so I sneaked in early on the day of my audition and quickly got familiar with the controls and somehow got the job,I knew Robbie Rave quite well too, he was dj at the Cavern first on Saturday nights then he got the job full time, i also am proud to say I knew Bob Wooler who was a lovely man, when I left the rink I went on the road and became a singer in a blues/rock band and when that didn't go anywhere I became a roadie, working all over Europe and reaching the dizzy heights of the Montreux Jazz Festival, which was a yearly gig (for a month) thanks for remembering me, my kids read it and were impressed, regards George Hardaker
    Last edited by hardpants; 12-20-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: punctuation

Hi George,and welcome to Yo!
    I never went skating,but got to know Bill Bird,who was quite involved in the skating world,as secretary of the Liverpool Skating Club,(and also as a pope John Paul,lookalike!) Maybe you knew him? As for Robbie Rave,he was the Cavern D.J. when I used to go,in the early 70's,and it would be interesting to know what happened to him,after the Cavern closed! What was the name of your band?

Hello Georgie Hardaker

I've sent you a pm. Check your in box.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

I've just re read through this thread - some great memories in here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678