Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldon Grove...What A Waste

Liverpool Photographer Gerard Fleming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    Well I've said it before...
    There's nowhere in this city I wouldn't go. Maybe because I am streetwise but maybe because I am awake and know "the score" as some say. Usually, I know someone who knows someone who knows me so most places I go I know people.
    There's nowhere I wouldn't go and I certainly wouldn't run from a few kids. I know some people make themselves an easy looking target. Looking scared and weary. That's some peoples problem. It's like dogs, you either can face them or you can't and walk all around the place to avoid one. Not good

I know everyone John around Liverpool...
    and I mean everyone mate....
    inc the "Heads" I've seen mentioned on here...
    my mates of old..my drinking buddies to this day..

If divvie beauts want to have a go at me then I'd prefer they looked at my name...
    and me saying I live on Eldon Grove doorstep....
    easy enough to find, are'nt I ?... along with my sons who'd be interested in all this..

and that go's for the gobsh ite who's on my ignore list...
    the shi t stirrer who just wont let it go...
    got anything to say to me John Doh.... get in touch..
    or f*** off and keep your big mouth shut..
    Liverpool Days... << my website of Liverpool images

georgie t

i didnt start anything here im just defending them uneducated comments im not arsed who people can get who are hard i can get nasty peopld if you wanna go down that route at the end of the day that poor guy is just jealous because explorers take better pictures than the ones he takes

Quote Originally Posted by georgie t View Post
    i didnt start anything here im just defending them uneducated comments im not arsed who people can get who are hard i can get nasty peopld if you wanna go down that route at the end of the day that poor guy is just jealous because explorers take better pictures than the ones he takes

You did.... you mentioned Eldon Grove kids and gave the impression they were up to no good...

I'm saying they are looking after their neighbourhood in seeing off people like you...
    strangers... mooching around.

FFS mate... dont you start about photographs...!

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Went past the Eldon Grove flats on saturday with 3 other Yo members. As the gate was open we went inside for a few pics.

It is so sad to see such a wonderful building in this sorry state. A large section of the roof is fire damaged. Most windows are broken. Such a shame. Now it seems not to be locked up the damage may get worse.
    And just to keep it on track...

Right...georgie t....

the Macho keks bit was a wind up....sorry if it upset you..

Move on...OK...yes. ?

I lived in Eldon st. for 5 years ('91 to '96) and though there were problems with the flats,caused by outsiders,it wasn't always!! I dont know who's responsible for the management of these,but I can't see why they've been allowed to get into such a state, as they were fitted out inside,to a fairly good standard!

georgie t

you was being the the big man sayin we think were dead hard were not the ones who burn these places down nor do we steal lead or vandalise we document for future generations to see your comments are simply uneducated i couldnt 4ve a toss what your name is or about the kids of that eldon grove by the way they wernt kids who chased the others

you was being the the big man sayin we think were dead hard were not the ones who burn these places down nor do we steal lead or vandalise we document for future generations to see your comments are simply uneducated i couldnt 4ve a toss what your name is or about the kids of that eldon grove by the way they wernt kids who chased the others

I've given you an apology....do you accept it..?

Who were these lads then and what is their problem ? ?
    As I see it, no one has a right to chase anyone off from anywhere unless it's property belonging to them. - it's not their private property is it ??

georgie t

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    As I see it, no one has a right to chase anyone off from anywhere unless it's property belonging to them. - it's not their private property is it ??
    good point they have as much right as we have of being there which is none they asked the others if they was the police and then just continued to call them plod....what for i dont know

They are local people Linda.. and their problem is they are fed up with people entering Eldon Grove dwellings and stealing everything out of there....the gates were left wide open and wagons were loading up stealing what they could...stripping the flats of the electricity cables for the copper as well....

As I see it, no one has a right to chase anyone off from anywhere....

I disagree with you Linda... the police never gave a toss, I saw these pick up trucks coming and going all day taking what they wanted...

The Council never gave a toss.. the gates were wide open for about a week and thats how this came about..

- it's not their private property is it ??..

No its not Linda... they just happen to live in the surrounding streets and were probably fed up with nobody doing anything about whet I mentioned above...

If all this happened on your doorstep Linda would you chase people you thought were up to no good ?..
    I think you would... I know I would..

george t by the way has not been accused of anything...
    he comes into the category above of local people not knowing who is up to what...

.................................................. ...................................
    good point they have as much right as we have of being there which is none they asked the others if they was the police and then just continued to call them plod....what for i dont know
    I take it you dont accept my apology ?... fine.

I'm uneducated ?...my grammar may not be the best but what is that lot above ?
    should'nt there be a few punctuation marks here and there ?

......were not the ones who vandalise

Wrong... I know for a fact it was "explorers" who kicked open the door of the Jesse Hartley dockers clock...

and kicked in the old dock building windows next to it to get access..
    I know the "explorer" who did that....

Dont ask me to name him, I wont.... visit other Liverpool chatrooms and you will see his photos inside the places I mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Fleming View Post
    They are local people Linda.. and their problem is they are fed up with people entering Eldon Grove dwellings and stealing everything out of there....the gates were left wide open and wagons were loading up stealing what they could...stripping the flats of the electricity cables for the copper as well....

I saw these pick up trucks coming and going all day taking what they wanted...

Well, I agree that's wrong - people just walking in and stripping out what they want - it's a dam-n cheek.
    It's a shame that those flats have been left to the mercy of any Tom Dick & Harry taking what they want. Of course people would get very angry about that. It's a pity there wasn't some kind of security guarding the place.
    But surely it's ok for people to take some photos ??
    It all sounds a bit territorial and would make me think twice about going near there with my camera

an afterthought .. ..

ha, I just had a funny thought .. of me armed with my camera and wearing me combat cropped pants

Well, I agree that's wrong - people just walking in and stripping out what they want - it's a dam-n cheek.
    It's a shame that those flats have been left to the mercy of any Tom Dick & Harry taking what they want. Of course people would get very angry about that. It's a pity there wasn't some kind of security guarding the place.
    It all sounds a bit territorial and would make me think twice about going near there with my camera

I come and go when I want Linda... I take pics there regularly and have never had a problem..
    just like others on here that have been there several times and had no problem..

not that I expect a certain person to come out and back me up on that...
    that would be asking too much..

I find in life Linda people treat you like you treat them...
    as I say.... the kids in that area are good kids.
    and the older people as well

You can take that from me...
    they are doing what people would do in any area.

an afterthought .. ..

ha, I just had a funny thought .. of me armed with my camera and wearing me combat cropped pants

All I saw yesterday was the binmen!

However, a fortnight ago, somebody smelling of drink asked to look at my photos.
    I just knew he wanted to grab my camera.

georgie t

like i said we are not the ones who vandalise but i do know of other explorers who have been that desperate to get in somewhere that they have broken down doors to gain access but i never have and have people to vouch for that ..you dont have to name any names i already know who it is who kicked the door in but its been kicked in loads of times after that as far as i know its now locked i video all my access into places on my headcam just incase anyone including police turn up and say we have broke in ...the camera never lies

as regards to the grammer yehh its a bit messed up but it was typed on my phone and not the best for the internet

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast