Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chemist Old Swan

Default Chemist Old Swan

Had a bad experience last week in a chemist in St Oswald Street, You Know the one, it has moved up to the end, waiting for my med and some misfits came in, went in the side room, I was told it was a methadone clinic, is that the right word ? the lads where off there heads ? this is next to a infants school ??? I have told them I will not be back, they where not interested, seems there is more money to be made out of drudges then us ???

I know the one. Ive been in there and seen them all going into the room.

Still they have to get it somewhere.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

People on methadone are supposed to be stable in their drugs use. They are tested regularly to ensure no elicit use and if they find anything they shouldn't they are removed from the scheme, which is part of rehab. Also Methadone has to be taken in front of staff, they are not allowed to take it off the premises because they could sell it! If they were off their heads, I wonder why they're getting more drugs. By the way this is not knowledge from personal experience - I used to work in an agency that supported drug addicts.

Why did you start another seperate thread of the same post?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Why did you start another seperate thread of the same post?

Because I put it in the wrong section m8, I always believed Old Swan was in the south

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I know the one. Ive been in there and seen them all going into the room.

Yes m8 but by a kids school ?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by burkhilly View Post
    People on methadone are supposed to be stable in their drugs use. They are tested regularly to ensure no elicit use and if they find anything they shouldn't they are removed from the scheme, which is part of rehab. Also Methadone has to be taken in front of staff, they are not allowed to take it off the premises because they could sell it! If they were off their heads, I wonder why they're getting more drugs. By the way this is not knowledge from personal experience - I used to work in an agency that supported drug addicts.
    .Yes m8, but as you will know the courts have forced them there, most are still at it

Do they,, scum of the earth
    drug users, we have to feed them now ehh

Just shoot them all. Dont try helping them.

Scum of the earth. Worse than Hitler these people.

We should turn our backs on everyone. What a wonderful world we live in.

What about the pubs that are a stones throw away from the school, I have seen more people worse the wear from drink staggering around Old Swan in daylight than drug addicts but of course alcohol is legal and brings in a nice revinue for the goverment. Far better an addict is trying to come off illegal drugs attending a methadone clinic than making the drug dealing leeches richer.

Well said prefab

Well said prefab

Quote Originally Posted by Prefrab View Post
    I have seen more people worse the wear from drink staggering around Old Swan in daylight than drug addicts .
    Now, before anyone starts, Prefab is NOT talking about me

To be honest, I don't notice Drunks or Drug Addicts during the day, I'm in work during the day . . . . .
    then getting drunk at night !

They should have somewhere to go to have their medicine and it should be private too.

Mart
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

Mart you beat me to it but it's in the Knotty Ash area where most - or at least one too many drunks are seen.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Prefrab View Post
    What about the pubs that are a stones throw away from the school, I have seen more people worse the wear from drink staggering around Old Swan in daylight than drug addicts but of course alcohol is legal and brings in a nice revinue for the goverment. Far better an addict is trying to come off illegal drugs attending a methadone clinic than making the drug dealing leeches richer.
    You've seen more people the worse for wear from drink coz drunks in the street are obvious. Druggies are not. Druggies in general kinda creep about and keep a low profile. Good on them for attending this clinic but, unfortunately, in many cases methadone is just a substitute coz they don't have the cash for the real thing.
    I was born and bred in Tuebrook and Old Swan in them daze was ok! I still have family in Old Swan, get to visit them once a year and they're not too impressed with Old Swan these days. It's a bit sad, they've lived there since they were married in 1962.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

All chemists now have a private cubicle where customers can discuss their 'ailments' on a one to one basis in private. So if you want to have a word with the pharmacist about your humanoids or erectile dysfunction or whatever, you can do so without the rest of the customers in the shop being enthralled.

Sorry, I meant haemorrhoids
    Never put anyone on a pedestal... THEY'LL LOOK DOWN ON YOU!

Old swan is fine. Nice place to live

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast