Thread: All well & good

Default All well & good

I like the news about all of the new and proposed developments going on but at what cost is all of this taking place.
    I'm talking about the people who live in these areas already who are goin to be trampled on so the council can get their own way.
    For example, an issue that is close to me personally is the South Liverpool Parkway, the new train/bus terminal in Garston.
    Whilst no one in the area was ever against the building of the new station they were concerned over what effect it would have on their lives.
    In the initial stages of public consultation the people who live directly (Woolton Road, Holly Farm) in the area were never told about the public consultation in Garston Sports Centre yet the rest of Garston were told by leaflet drop.

The people living close by were eventually shown plans of the proposed site and road layout and voiced a few concerns at an onsite meeting (i was there) with merseytravel and Peter Millea (member for regeneration). The meeting ended with Merseytravel & the council agreeing to consult the residents and put forwward proposals to accommodate them.

Plans were then changed and passed by the planning authorities without further public consultation, this has been admitted by Peter Millea at a local meeting, the residents are now powerless to stop them building whatever they please regardless of the impact it will have on their lives.

They are now proposing to put traffic lights and a crossing at the bottom of access steps facing the new site. The access steps are the main source of access to residents homes that face the new site. This means that the residents will not be able to take delivery of any goods to their homes, they will never be able to have building work done, it will be difficult to empty bins. Apparently though there will be minimal disruption to their lives, apart from all of this and the increased WAITING TRAFFIC outside their houses. The planners could have moved this junction further up the road towards Allerton Station bridge and caused a hell of a lot less disruption.

My point to this rant is this, if you hear of any and i mean any proposed developments in your area, go to every meeting and discuss everything because the moment you fail to turn up they (council planners) will pass everything they can and then you are stuck with what they say.
    Believe me this is from first hand experience.

Any follow ups support/opposition should be ineresting: comment please:

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum by the way, I've read your post and it seems you have 1st hand experience with consultations etc. Being local myself, I was just glad to see the site redeveloped rather than be an old, derelict South Liverpool Football Club ground, very sad that went. I also remember the hastle when they truned that into the night club - You must remember that .

From reading messages on various forums concerned with Liverpool developments I know there is much sadness and upset with our Council and the decisions that are made city wide.

I wonder how on Earth, the old Gartson Hotel can be left in such a state with the council member mentioned above living a few feet away.

I can see though, the impact that this will South Parkway will have on residents as close as you are.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Kev, i do remember when they turned the club into a nightclub and it was a hassle.
    At the minute though you have residents being verbally abused by drivers and bus drivers when they are trying to pull up close to the access steps. I myself was verbally abused by a bus driver the other week. It will only get worse when/if they eventually put in this new traffic light system. They have got the pavement and everything all ready and pace for the posts to go yet the traffic management system hasn't been given the go ahead yet.

Doesn't that tell you something ? !!!!!!

Blog Entries

I understand, things like that I just didnt consider