YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool's Worst Buildings

Thanks

Thumbs down Liverpool's Worst Buildings

Use this thread to name the buildings that you think are among Liverpool's worst, both present and future, and explain why. (pics would be great)

I'm going to start with the student accomodation in the grounds of the Anglican Cathedral. Not only do they look cheap and tatty, but they've been built on what should be a public open space for people to relax and admire the cathedral. Some people may think differently, but they are a real pet hate of mine and I would have them demolished tomorrow if I could.

ADVERTISING

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    I'm going to start with the student accomodation in the grounds of the Anglican Cathedral.
    The accommodation itself is pretty shoddy too, I think they may have been refurbished just recently, but I remember a couple of years ago that they were vile.

The one which gets me is the tower block (offices I presume) right at the front of lime street, I'm guessing it will be demolished soon enough, but every-time I come back to Lime Street Station, I hate seeing it still standing.

The other one I really dislike is the terrible 60'/70s JMU social Science building on Clarence Street, which I'm equally hopeful will have been flawed by the time I'm back in town.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StuartF View Post
    The accommodation itself is pretty shoddy too, I think they may have been refurbished just recently, but I remember a couple of years ago that they were vile.

The one which gets me is the tower block (offices I presume) right at the front of lime street, I'm guessing it will be demolished soon enough, but every-time I come back to Lime Street Station, I hate seeing it still standing.

The other one I really dislike is the terrible 60'/70s JMU social Science building on Clarence Street, which I'm equally hopeful will have been flawed by the time I'm back in town.
    Agreed! Thankfully, Concourse tower is due to be demolished toward the end of this year. Not sure about the JMU building though.

Gerard

Welcome to the group Stuart
    What an eysore..couldn't agree more Stuart..

And it gets no better close up.

Thanks

The royal mail building in the background of the first pic is another building I can't stand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    The royal mail building in the background of the first pic is another building I can't stand.
    Yes Coppras Hill sorting office

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast