Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The pit

The photo of the Mere Lane park brought back memories. There was a shop or cafe across the way that used run by an Italian man he used to sell us "loosies" ! Single ciggies !

Blog Entries

I remember the Mere Lane Picture House and the pit swings, we never called it a park.

Also remember going to the dinner centre in Mere Lane for our school dinners from St. Georges School infants,

I was born in our front bedroom in Granton Road ( opposite Mere Lane) and lived there until I was 20
    I remember the toilets at the bottom of Mere Lane... phew right stinky hole it was.
    I remember 'the pit'
    I remember the lamp post where the Lodge used to meet. We used to run up the road to see 'the band'
    I walked up Mere Lane every school day to get the no.25 bus to school
    I remember the little shop half way up where I bought a biscuit each day to take with me. They had 2 labrador dogs and I vowed then that one day when I was married I too would have a labrador. It took me another 20 years after that but I did it, I bought my black shiny labrador

Thank you everyone for all these memories

Lyn x

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    The photo of the Mere Lane park brought back memories. There was a shop or cafe across the way that used run by an Italian man he used to sell us "loosies" ! Single ciggies !
    Was that the one on Robson St.? We knew it as The Milk Bar and given time I will get some more info about the guy who ran it.
    Flickr . Please take a peek if you are interested

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123